My top 100 favorite films of all time.

→ in
Tools    

Please hold your applause till after the me.
In honor of my 1 year anniversary of being on this forum, I'm going to be making a list of my favorite films of all time over the next few months.

And since I'm sort of an inclusionist, I will only have one film for franchise.

(I'm going to try and post at least one film a day. But I will still try and get more than one a day.)

Cape Fear

I don't think it's any secret that Martin Scorsese is my favorite director, so expect to see a fair amount of his films on this list.
Robert DeNiro gives on of the most unsettling performances of all time. That's exactly how I would describe this film, unsettling, everything about it gives me the creeps while still remaining subtle, the only time it goes even remotely over the top is when is stands for maximum effect and I just love it.

This might just do nobody any good.
I like Cape Fear too. It's fun and De Niro does great work.

Bit of trivia: Scorsese took over directing this movie so Spielberg (who was originally attached) could move into Schindler's List. For that alone, this remake is worth it.

Source Code

One of the most overlooked films of all time in my opinion, this is a highly creative and original action thriller with both excitement and heart. I truly admire Duncan Jones direction and how he is able to make the same period of time consistently interesting.

I dig Source Code. Bigger fan of Moon, but I like that one too. Duncan Jones is the man.

Yeah, I was kind of underwhelmed by Source Code as well. I like the ending, though. Surprisingly meditative.

Darkman

One of the things I love most about this film is how much it shouldn't work. Under the direction of any other director and a performance from any other actor, this film would have fallen apart. Sam Raimi manages to pull and Evil Dead 2 and somehow make the dark and surreal tone meld almost perfectly with the campy tones. And Liam Neeson is just the right amount of over the top. This movie is one piece of dark campy fun.

Good one! Saw it once a long time ago, desperately needs a reviewing from me.

I think Cape Fear is a little campy, but I like it a lot. I'm not sure if I like it or the original more.

I enjoyed Source Code mildly, but ended up thinking it was a little lame.

Darkman is pretty cool.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I love Source Code. It might even make my list for the Sci-Fi Countdown.

I have only watched Source Code, which I remember liking, but I found Edge of Tomorrow did the sci fi meets Groundhog Day a bit better. I need to rewatch it to refresh my memory a bit.

X-men: Days of Future Past

I think the reason I love this film so much is that it's paced almost perfectly. It knows when to just take it's time and tell a story (which is a very good story) and it knows when the audience needs a bit of action. This is summed up best with my favorite scene on a plane, it uses a tense moment that could be seen as a bit of an action sequence and still uses it to give us character depth. And Bryan Singer truly managed to out do himself by tying up all the bad decisions and loose ends left by Brett Ratner.

That's probably the only X-Men movie I liked. All the others had me reacting in a range of "meh" to "ugh".

It's a shame Jennifer Lawrence is so disengaged in the film, despite having such a central role but McAvoy and Fassbender lend enough supporting energy to keep things afloat and the Quicksilver scene is so fun.