Favourite TV Show Episodes

Tools    

I usually start with a big long post but i doubt anyone even reads it so a few of my favourites:

Simpsons - Homer The Heretic
The Sopranos - Long Term Parking
Mad Men - The Suitcase
South Park - All About The Mormons
Twilight Zone - Walking Distance

I'm fine explaining any of these if anyone is curious.

Pine Barrens is by far my favourite Sopranos episode.
I love Pine Barrens so much. It's pretty pointless though, which is the reason i can't call it my favourite. It has very little impact on Season 3 and as much as i loved the
WARNING: "sopranos" spoilers below
kill the waiter
storyline in Season 5 it was just a one episode thing that cleverly used that story as an excuse. Great callback and hilarious episode but one i appreciate less every time i see it.

I love Pine Barrens so much. It's pretty pointless though, which is the reason i can't call it my favourite. It has very little impact on Season 3 and as much as i loved the
WARNING: "sopranos" spoilers below
kill the waiter
storyline in Season 5 it was just a one episode thing that cleverly used that story as an excuse. Great callback and hilarious episode but one i appreciate less every time i see it.
I get what you're saying, but comedy in this episode is just flawless. So many great lines and the dynamics between Paulie and Christofah is hilarious. It was a shame these 2 didn't get more time together in later seasons. Also despite being a crime drama I always thought Sopranos had a great humour.

Dennis and Dee Go On Welfare:

Great choice! I honestly don't think I can choose just one for IASIP. There are just too many of the great episodes.

I get what you're saying, but comedy in this episode is just flawless. So many great lines and the dynamics between Paulie and Christofah is hilarious. It was a shame these 2 didn't get more time together in later seasons. Also despite being a crime drama I always thought Sopranos had a great humour.
They got much more time together in later seasons. Chris and Paulie seemed like a weird combination until Chris was made in Season 3. Every notable Chris and Paulie moment was made after that including Pine Barrens.

Pine Barrens is a great episode but it's a bad answer coz it's the one great filler episode. Don't blame anyone for liking it best but i find that answer really uninteresting when you compare it to the multiple personal growth episodes each season.

They got much more time together in later seasons. Chris and Paulie seemed like a weird combination until Chris was made in Season 3. Every notable Chris and Paulie moment was made after that including Pine Barrens.

Pine Barrens is a great episode but it's a bad answer coz it's the one great filler episode. Don't blame anyone for liking it best but i find that answer really uninteresting when you compare it to the multiple personal growth episodes each season.
Well you asked for a favourite episode, not the best. Despite not being essential to the plotline and character development, it's still the episode I enjoyed the most.

As for Paulie and Christofah I think they should've gotten even more screentime considering how great their dynamics was, but that's just me.

Well you asked for a favourite episode, not the best. Despite not being essential to the plotline and character development, it's still the episode I enjoyed the most.

As for Paulie and Christofah I think they should've gotten even more screentime considering how great their dynamics was, but that's just me.
Sorry, my post there wasn't meant to be confrontational. Well anymore than the fact that you were the only one that responded so i was trying to drag out some discussion.

Pine Barrens is a great choice.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Sorry, my post there wasn't meant to be confrontational. Well anymore than the fact that you were the only one that responded so i was trying to drag out some discussion.

I haven't responded because I've been busy in the roller coaster thread. Plus, you probably don't watch the shows with my favorite episodes.

The Dick Van Dyke Show - It May Look Like A Walnut
The Dick Van Dyke Show - 100 Terrible Hours
The Dick Van Dyke Show - Uhny Uftz
The Mary Tyler Moore Show - Love Is All Around (the pilot episode)
The Mary Tyler Moore Show - Chuckles Bites the Dust
Mad About You - Giblets for Murray
Stark Raving Mad - Fish Out of Water
Barney Miller - Werewolf
Becker - P.C. World
Cheers - Bad Neighbor Sam
Frasier - The Seal Who Came To Dinner
Frasier - Merry Christmas, Mrs. Moskowitz
Wings - Planes, Trains, and Visiting Cranes
The Odd Couple - Sleepwalker
Taxi - Reverend Jim, A Space Oddity
The Big Bang Theory - The Euclid Alternative
The Big Bang Theory - The Bath Gift Hypothesis
WKRP in Cincinnati - Turkeys Away

I haven't responded because I've been busy in the roller coaster thread. Plus, you probably don't watch the shows with my favorite episodes.

The Dick Van Dyke Show - It May Look Like A Walnut
The Dick Van Dyke Show - 100 Terrible Hours
The Dick Van Dyke Show - Uhny Uftz
The Mary Tyler Moore Show - Love Is All Around (the pilot episode)
The Mary Tyler Moore Show - Chuckles Bites the Dust
Mad About You - Giblets for Murray
Stark Raving Mad - Fish Out of Water
Barney Miller - Werewolf
Becker - P.C. World
Cheers - Bad Neighbor Sam
Frasier - The Seal Who Came To Dinner
Frasier - Merry Christmas, Mrs. Moskowitz
Wings - Planes, Trains, and Visiting Cranes
The Odd Couple - Sleepwalker
Taxi - Reverend Jim, A Space Oddity
The Big Bang Theory - The Euclid Alternative
The Big Bang Theory - The Bath Gift Hypothesis
WKRP in Cincinnati - Turkeys Away
Really like your Frasier choices, even though it's the boring, obvious choice: Ham Radio is definitely mine. It might be the funniest tv episode i've seen.

Not seens the Cheers one as i've only watched up to the first episode with Rebecca, Coach not being in it really depressed me and made me slug through the rest of it then i just stopped.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Really like your Frasier choices, even though it's the boring, obvious choice: Ham Radio is definitely mine. It might be the funniest tv episode i've seen.

Not seens the Cheers one as i've only watched up to the first episode with Rebecca, Coach not being in it really depressed me and made me slug through the rest of it then i just stopped.

"Ham Radio" is another great "Frasier" episode.

Does anyone have a The Wire best episode? I was thinking:

WARNING: "the wire" spoilers below
3:11 with Stringers death.

but more than anything that just feels notable because i didn't really expect it, at least the way it happened. I can't think of a Pine Barrens or that Fly episode in Breaking Bad ecquivilent in The Wire; any episode that didn't have massive importance in the plot.

Does anyone have a The Wire best episode? I was thinking:

3:11 with Stringers death.

but more than anything that just feels notable because i didn't really expect it, at least the way it happened. I can't think of a Pine Barrens or that Fly episode in Breaking Bad ecquivilent in The Wire; any episode that didn't have massive importance in the plot.
That'd be mine aswell .

I always liked the scene when Avon and Stringer were on the rooftop reminiscing about the "good old times" while knowing they had just betrayed one another.

That'd be mine aswell .

I always liked the scene when Avon and Stringer were on the rooftop reminiscing about the "good old times" while knowing they had just betrayed one another.
I talked to a member here about exactly that in one of the TV Tournament's i ran about how much it affected me. Especially on a rewatch when i knew exactly what was going to happen.

I feel like Season 3 is the best whenever i'm reminded of it but i prefer Season 4.

Top 6 Episodes of "Breaking Bad"

1. S04E13 "Face Off"
2. S03E13 "Full Measure"
3. S04E12 "End Times"
4. S03E12 "Half Measure"
5. S04E11 "Crawl Space"
6. S02E08 "Better Call Saul"

Top 6 Episodes of "Breaking Bad"

1. S04E13 "Face Off"
2. S03E13 "Full Measure"
3. S04E12 "End Times"
4. S03E12 "Half Measure"
5. S04E11 "Crawl Space"
6. S02E08 "Better Call Saul"
Why do you like Face Off best?

Crawl Space might be my favourite,
WARNING: "breaking bad" spoilers below
i've never thought about that. Walt cracking up at the end at the sheer absurdity of the position he's in and the seeming impossibility of him getting out of it is amazing.

Least favourite out of episodes i remember is probably the finale outside of the song choice.

The Americans: "The Magic of David Copperfield V:
The Statue of Liberty Disappears"

WARNING: "The Americans" spoilers below
It was the culmination of the Martha storyline that had been going on from Season 1. It started as a joke storyline, lol Phillip has to seduce and have sex with this unattractive (she's attractive) dull (she was never dull) office chick to get close to the FBI. It evolved into so much more though, at first i was saying this isn't funny anymore can we just drop this then i got completely sucked into the blurred, undefined lines of their relationship. In the first 8 episode strech of Season 4 we learned that Phillip had genuinely fallen in love with her and that Elizabeth was completely aware of this and had to take this without objection since she was the one more devoted to the cause. It ended with the two of them arguing for the first time in about a Season and a half; with Phillip completely exhausted both mentally and psyically looking like he was ready to fall over and die, and Elizabeth seemingly losing her mind having just brutally executed someone she had been working with for months before Gabriel orders both of them to take a break from everything.

I don't think that's the best really, just the end of the best storyline and the ending of that episode was amazing

Gomorra, Season 1 episode 12. I keep championing this tv series. I'm not sure who else on here has watched it. It is a must see

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3184646/?ref_=ttep_ep12
I've seen the film Gomorrah and i know quite a bit about the real Camorra. Not tried the show yet though.