MoFos on Roller Coasters!

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Schadenfreude. I took my older sister on a ride once. She's never forgiven me. I just said Hey I put our hands up to be first. Be thankful you didn't have to stand in queue.

Rooftops, though. My bro sent me this and I screamed

This might have actually been the one. Sent me into the corner looking for my safe place. I just have to share the joy.

No No No just not happening

Yoda, you need to see this crazy sheep!

I always assume these types of videos are fakes. Even if they're real, it makes it easier to watch them if I assume they're fakes.

I'm not sure why you wanted us to reread that, but I did. I can't speak for whether or not anyone else is afraid of heights. I can only say that I'm probably more afraid of heights than most people. When I was younger, I literally passed out from fear when I sat in the balcony at a Broadway show. All I remember is gripping the armrests as hard as I could, my friend next to me asked me if I was okay, I said "No", and then I passed out. I woke up in a lower level seat and enjoyed the show from there.

I'm not as bad as I used to be because I've been trying to get over my fear of heights for years, but I still have problems in high places.
Really sorry about that gbg, if i knew you had a problem with heights you know i'd have included that. Every time i see a spider in something i think you might watch, i tell you, I definitely didn't mean to trigger any height problems; i think you know i'm not like that and i apologize if that's what happened.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I always assume these types of videos are fakes. Even if they're real, it makes it easier to watch them if I assume they're fakes.

I even freaked out in avatar with the camera PoV shots from above, gbg. Makes no difference to me if it's real or cgi - I spin out.

Those are real, though. Crazy parkour guys.

Really sorry about that gbg, if i knew you had a problem with heights you know i'd have included that. Every time i see a spider in something i think you might watch, i tell you, I definitely didn't mean to trigger any height problems; i think you know i'm not like that and i apologize if that's what happened.

My fear of heights is nowhere near as bad as my fear of spiders, but it was when I was younger. I've worked very hard to get over my fear of heights because it was preventing me from doing things like going to the Statue of Liberty, (which I eventually did. ) I don't mind talking about it because I've spent years confronting it and trying to get over it. I'm not quite there yet, but I'm still working on it.

I would pay to watch gbgoodies pass out from fright because she's sitting in a theater balcony.

That was a very long time ago. To give you an idea of how long ago it was, the Broadway show was "Barnum" starring Jim Dale.

I even freaked out in avatar with the camera PoV shots from above, gbg. Makes no difference to me if it's real or cgi - I spin out.

Those are real, though. Crazy parkour guys.

One of the movies on my watchlist is The Walk (2015) starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I haven't seen it yet, but I will eventually.

My fear of heights is nowhere near as bad as my fear of spiders, but it was when I was younger. I've worked very hard to get over my fear of heights because it was preventing me from doing things like going to the Statue of Liberty, (which I eventually did. ) I don't mind talking about it because I've spent years confronting it and trying to get over it. I'm not quite there yet, but I'm still working on it.
Is my post difficult to read because it's an unsafe at height story then? It's the worst, it makes me feel sick just thinking about it but i've always wondered if that was scarier to someone than say jumping up and down on the glass floor of the Blackpool Tower which made my sister who has Acrophobia actually vomit.

Just for the sake of my own curiosity (and personal interest in dream research) -- gbg -- do you dream/have nightmares about spiders and heights often? Have you ever?

I have nightmares about spiders, but rarely about heights.

I have nightmares about spiders, but rarely about heights.
Anyone who attempts to mock gbg about spiders is mocking me too. The main reason i always tell her when there's one is because i completely get it, i'm really scared of spiders.

One of the movies on my watchlist is The Walk (2015) starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I haven't seen it yet, but I will eventually.

I don't think I could watch that. There are some crazy adventure treks I want to do but looking at photos - nope.
Total spin out. Doing it I'd be fine. Looking at photos - bring me a bucket.

Is my post difficult to read because it's an unsafe at height story then? It's the worst, it makes me feel sick just thinking about it but i've always wondered if that was scarier to someone than say jumping up and down on the glass floor of the Blackpool Tower which made my sister who has Acrophobia actually vomit.

No, I can read about heights, and I've gotten better over the years looking at pictures and watching videos of heights. It's just actually being in high places that still makes me sick.

My fear of spiders is so bad that I don't even like looking at the word "spider", so it's hard to explain how bad it is for me to see an actual spider.

I don't think I could watch that. There are some crazy adventure treks I want to do but looking at photos - nope.
Total spin out. Doing it I'd be fine. Looking at photos - bring me a bucket.

I've spent years forcing myself to go to high places that I know are safe just to try to get over my fear of heights. I've gotten dizzy in some places, and even passed out in some places, but I'm getting better at it. I've been able to convince myself that no matter how bad it is looking at pictures of high places, I'm not actually there, so I can't fall. (I can't stare at the pictures for any real length of time, but I'm working on that too.) I haven't been able to fully convince myself that I'm safe in real high places, so that's still a problem for me.

I don't think anyone ever has had more spider dreams than height dreams. The latter is just part of so many other dreams that you don't realize it, the former is a very specific thing that every one would remember.

Hmmm. GBG dreams more about spiders, and is apparently more scared of spiders than heights. Makes sense. The theory is the spider dreams are actually trying to lessen your fears. Height dreams are less frequent because you've resolved some issues with it. If you had some more height dreams, you might get even better at conquering your height fear.

Maybe, but I can't control what I dream about. Most of the time, I don't remember my dreams after a few minutes of waking up, but sometimes they're so bad that they stay with me for a while.

I don't think anyone ever has had more spider dreams than height dreams. The latter is just part of so many other dreams that you don't realize it, the former is a very specific thing that every one would remember.

I guess I'm just different than everyone else. Most of my dreams (that I remember) seem to take place in the house I grew up in. I haven't lived there in over 20 years, but it's still in my dreams for some reason.

I've spent years forcing myself to go to high places that I know are safe just to try to get over my fear of heights. I've gotten dizzy in some places, and even passed out in some places, but I'm getting better at it.

Have you spoken to a shrink about this, hon? Serious question. Desensitising yourself on your own might not be a great idea. Much better to do it with a professional if it's so bad you pass out.

I'm going to look at some spider pictures myself right now. I will not post any.

But I'm going to look at spiders. To show you it's okay to look at spiders.
You're welcome to look at anything you want to look at, as long as you don't post them. A lot of people look at pictures of things that other people are scared of, but that doesn't mean that it's okay for the person who's scared of that thing to look at those pictures.

I know someone who is as afraid of mice as I am of spiders, but I have no fear of mice. I can look at them, and even hold them. They don't bother me at all. But I would never make that person look at a picture of a mouse. That would be cruel.

Please, don't start posting spider pics people that would be just the worst thing ever.
THANK YOU!

Exposing yourself to spiders is the only way to get over the fear though. I was terrified of them as a child but got over it by handling them as an adult.

I used to have nightmares about them when I was little. I used to have nightmares about rats too, but I don't recall ever actually being afraid of rats.