MoFos on Roller Coasters!

Tools    

I'm fairly scared of heights, so I've been on very, very few roller coasters. Only one that comes to mind right now is the Racer at Kennywood, which I think is considered pretty tame by anyone who rides coasters with any regularity.
I'm also afraid of heights. I'm terrified on the tall coasters during the slow ascent to the top. Once they take off I'm fine. Coasters are much easier for me overall than cable cars or Ferris wheels.

Ok, that's new since I left Fl. There was a water park in Tampa called Adventure Island but they didn't have dry rides back then that's why I wondered. Been many years since going to Universal and only went once. The BTTF ride is a simulato, am I remembering that right?
I misspoke. It was Island of Adventure. lol

And yeah Back to the Future was a simulation ride. Now it is a Simpsons simulation ride.

The Back to the Future one was better IMO.

@cricket I have been to Six Flags Jersey but never New England. Six Flags are the best for coaster lovers. Last time I went about ten years ago I was sore for a week. Might have gotten too old to ride all day anymore.

For our friends in Britain, my favorite amusement park as a kid was in Blackpool. I think it was called Pleasure Beach or something like that. I went there 9 times.
That's where the Pepsi Max i mentioned is.

I loved this one in Salou, Spain: The Double Dragon that had eight loops

I'm also afraid of heights. I'm terrified on the tall coasters during the slow ascent to the top. Once they take off I'm fine. Coasters are much easier for me overall than cable cars or Ferris wheels.
I'm the exact same way. I didn't want to say because I always feel dumb telling people I'm afraid of heights when talking about going on coasters.

@cricket I have been to Six Flags Jersey but never New England. Six Flags are the best for coaster lovers. Last time I went about ten years ago I was sore for a week. Might have gotten too old to ride all day anymore.
There's one in Jersey that's exactly like Superman, I think it was called the Edge? Jersey is better, and that's why we'd make the longer trip. The drive through safari is unreal. I'll take some pictures off my video and post them sometime.

What does it feel like being upside down in a loop?
It's a cool feeling but over in the blink of an eye. You really don't have time to be afraid. I think that's why I like wooden coasters. I love the sensation of the drops.

What does it feel like being upside down in a loop?
There's nothing to it, just fun. Not scary at all.

Wooden coasters make me nervous because they sound like they're going to fall apart.

There's one in Jersey that's exactly like Superman, I think it was called the Edge? Jersey is better, and that's why we'd make the longer trip. The drive through safari is unreal. I'll take some pictures off my video and post them sometime.
I'm almost positive Superman opened the year we went to Jersey, they might have changed the name. I could be getting my wires crossed with Atlanta though. They both have very similar of those type, Batman too.

See, the drops are the worst part for me. That's when the terror begins. They make me feel out of control the most.
Makes sense. I like the feeling. Not enough to bungee jump though.

Think I found a correct picture of my first coaster. Viper is a popular name. This one is in Darien Lake NY. When I was young we used to go here annually with another family. This coaster is very mild in both height and loops, especially when compared to the newer coasters. We are talking 30 years ago at this point. Anyway I went at least two years without getting on because I was too scared. I finally got in the line with a couple of the other kids. I would have been 11 or 12 at this point. I kept my eyes closed almost the entire ride, opening them at only one point. It was fate because I opened them right as we were at the top of one of the loops. I can still see the ground vividly, brain burn. Pretty cool. I was never scared of a coaster from that point forward. I am a pretty huge whoos when it comes to this kind of stuff, but I haven't seen a coaster I didn't jump in line for since.

I imagine the more you ride them, the less the idea of them scares you?
Yeah, you get to the point where they feel very safe. There are a couple coasters I don't ride at Six Flags at this point but it is because they jerk too much and hurt like hell which obviously makes it no fun. No fear involved.

This has been a fun thread Sexy. I don't think about coasters much anymore. My joy now really doesn't come from riding them myself but seeing my boys ride stuff for the first time. I haven't taken them to Six Flags yet because my youngest is still too short for a lot of stuff and he gets upset. They are both fearless thus far though. We have a small amusement park near us and they have been to Dollywood a couple times, they have a couple of pretty decent coasters. Anyway, I am taking them to Disney in June. Frankly it will probably be the only time I get to in their youth, not a cheap trip. So hopefully I will get some pics of them riding Space Mtn for the first time, pictured above. No loops, but all in the dark except for two tunnels if I remember right. Really neat coaster.

The first rollercoaster i went on was in a place called M and D's here in Scotland, last year not the same roller coaster but there was a crash on one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-36637200

There was also that crash in the one in London two years ago, literally two of the cars crashing into each other. Horrifying,

The first rollercoaster i went on was in a place called M and D's here in Scotland, last year not the same roller coaster but there was a crash on one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-36637200

There was also that crash in the one in London two years ago, literally two of the cars crashing into each other. Horrifying,
You trying to make me scared again. That's terrible.

I enjoy roller coasters, though haven't been on any in awhile.

I love the ones at Disney Land, particularly Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain Railroad.

The ones I've been on the most, however, are the ones at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo, CA. Medusa and Roar are my favorites there. Medusa has a really smooth ride and lots of loops. Roar is a wooden coaster, so the ride is anything but smooth but still a lot of fun.

I hate Kong and Superman: Ultimate Flight.

Kong is an inverted coaster, which would be fun if it weren't for the fact that it bashes your head around on the "padding" that is supposed to protect you. You end up leaving the ride with a killer headache. Superman would be fun, except that you're only held in by a lapbar that basically pins you to the seat while you go both forward and backward doing slow barrel rolls. I know it's been tested and all that, but I did not feel safe on it at all.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Well....I don't want to toot my own horn, but I was featured in the New York Times when they did a piece on Roller Coasters.

Here is the link

Here is the photo:

As you can see, clear as day, I'm 5 rows back, two from the right. The woman beside me is my wife.

All joking aside, we were asked by Canada's Wonderland if we wanted to be in their marketing photoshoot. We got to ride Leviathan 14 times in a row, no lines, before the park opened. We simply got out of our seats and moved to the next one. My wife lost her glasses on the ride. Very fun indeed.

Suspect's Reviews