Future of the DC Extended Universe

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
I can't really condone it, but I get the joy of watching Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman fighting a giant monster with an electric violin playing in the background.

That's like the definition of the word "rad" but it's not my thing. Specially with the mess that comes before it (and, IMO, the fight is a mess itself).

I am that one guy on the planet that liked BvS. I liked Snyder's visual prowess, and I don't care about preserving any alleged integrity of the so-called mythology of the characters. Eisenberg was a TERRIBLE Lex, but I knew that going in and I just sort of ignored his antics. Affleck was just fine as Batman, and I enjoyed a little bit of a darker take on Superman - I also thought WW rocked. That said, I did not like Snyder's Man of Steel film, which had severe pacing issues in the second half, even if it had some interesting stuff in Smallville at the start.

I think Snyder has great vision, even if he manages to scuttle many of his films as they move along, especially Sucker Punch. I still like Watchmen the best out of all his work, but BvS has a lot of really well done stuff in it. I never saw the theatrical run, only having seen the extended cut with allegedly more Clark Kent etc. Not sure how much that changed the film, really.
I'm with you man i really enjoyed BvS i guess cause always enjoyed the more dark, gritty, adultish comic book movies, i like the style and feel of them. So i think that's what i found appealing to me in BvS (of course putting aside all its flaws) i think the Doomsdsy fight scene was epic! I also agree that Watchmen is still the best movie he's made and its actually one of my top superhero movies of all time, i know many don't think so

Expertly-placed MattShade reference there! I love it!
His dogged persistence was always a marvel to observe.
Well said on your points. And people actually wondered why FOUR directors stepped away from the DCCU? Even Affleck--the one people hoped would SAVE that sinking ship, threw his hands up and decided: "Enough's enough"...and, despite the fact that he didn't say that, we all know that was how it happened.
I get the impression that Affleck just recognized that he was being put in a circumstance where he almost couldn't succeed. A failure for his Batman film could easily end up being the final deathblow for this entire DC film franchise, and his reputation as a director could be obliterated by it. The risk/reward balance is completely skewed. Heads he loses, tails he ties. If I were in his shoes*, the money I'd demand to direct that film would be obscene.

* Note: I am not in his shoes. They could actually buy me pretty cheaply, if they are so foolishly inclined.

I don't get how BvS is bleak. It's cartoonish. It's bleak like a 13 year old trying to write "edgy" superhero stories, which turn out hilarious at times. It's also hard to feel "exhausted" when every attempt at emotional investment is deflected by mindless montages.
It opens with what is at best 45 09/11's happening and Bruce Wayne losing his employees, trying to save a guy who is now crippled and dealing with a child who just got her mother killed.

And it kind of got more depressing from THERE.

I can't really condone it, but I get the joy of watching Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman fighting a giant monster with an electric violin playing in the background.

That's like the definition of the word "rad" but it's not my thing. Specially with the mess that comes before it (and, IMO, the fight is a mess itself).
I think that fight scene could've been better. Superman was getting tossed everywhere. Only Wonder Woman put in work.

Also Batman vs Superman. I wanted the fight to be blow for blow.

We're only 3 films in, ok for me SS being their last film and not as enjoyable as MoS or BvS is a little worrying but I'm still optimistic
A few small tweaks here and there could make a big difference

Hopefully the Nightwing movie won't be in development limbo like some of the others have
Nightwing movie shouldn't even be discussed at the point for WB. It does sound exciting though. I just hope Nightwing is part of the main cast and not a cameo in The Batman movie.