Future of the DC Extended Universe

Tools    

She's a dog smuggling twit, a liar and an airhead.
Johnny Depp's ex piece of fluff.
Between you and Wobbler I'm now wishing even more for that beer-clinking emoticon!

My husband really liked captain america. I was away that weekend so probably wont watch it any time soon if he doesnt want a rewatch.
Nag him to watch it! Nah, just kidding.

Once you get a chance, I think you'll enjoy them both. Civil War is practically a third Avengers movie.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I really disliked Deadpool. Just not my cup of tea. I thought Age of Ultron was crap. There seems to have been a lot of different visions (heh) clashing behind the scenes and it shows. Whedon's direction is outright bad in it.

Funny enough I liked Doctor Strange more than Civil War. Funny because Strange is the more generic of the two, story wise.
I disliked Deadpool on a first watch and dumped it after 30 minutes, but my nephew kept hassling me to give it another go and when I was in the right mood I did. Dr Strange - woah I thought that was such a ride.

Between you and Wobbler I'm now wishing even more for that beer-clinking emoticon!
We should have an amber thread. I'm obviously not over my need to vent but I dont want to hijack.

I really disliked Deadpool. Just not my cup of tea. I thought Age of Ultron was crap. There seems to have been a lot of different visions (heh) clashing behind the scenes and it shows. Whedon's direction is outright bad in it.

Funny enough I liked Doctor Strange more than Civil War. Funny because Strange is the more generic of the two, story wise.
Well, Dr. Strange introduced more unique concepts than Civil War. The multi-verse concept is fascinating and Dr. Strange might just be MCU's first "thinking man's movie" or at least close to it.

This might just do nobody any good.
My one issue with it was Swinton. She didn't justify her casting like I thought she would.

We should have an amber thread. I'm obviously not over my need to vent but I dont want to hijack.
By all means, you should vent away, my friend. Maybe there is an Amber Heard thread around here somewhere...

My one issue with it was Swinton. She didn't justify her casting like I thought she would.
Really? I found her to be one of the best aspects of the movie. What didn't you like about her, if I may ask?

I just thought she came off as "generic mentor" character.

Like, substitute her with Liam Neeson or whoever and not much changes. What I meant by justifying was the casting of a (very) white woman in an originally Asian role.

What I meant by justifying was the casting of a (very) white woman in an originally Asian role.
I saw a lot of people complaining about that over at the other place. I dont know the characters from the comics and I really like her so worked for me.

Like, substitute her with Liam Neeson or whoever and not much changes. What I meant by justifying was the casting of a (very) white woman in an originally Asian role.
I didn't even see it and I agree. There's all the clamour for diversity in movies, but then when they have a role where the original character has always been an elderly Asian man, they cast a white woman. Guess gender diversity (big whoop, there's only two and a couple new made-up ones in between) trumps ethnic diversity.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
MoS - meh
BvS - meh
SS - better but forgettable overall.

I am gutted about the current state though, I grew up with DC so I want them to succeed. I'm glad they managed to make Harley Quinn popular, she's one of my all time favourite DC characters and she's been overlooked in the 20 years she's been around.

But I hope things get better. WW genuinely looks promising, and the test screening seemed to go down well. I think it really has the most potential to put things back on track based in what we've seen so far.

I have serious doubts over Justice League though.

Can't wait for Gotham City Sirens either

Maybe it's just me, but I find just about all mentor characters rather generic, I can't really be bothered by that aspect, to be honest.
I don't read comics and wasn't even aware. Even after finding out, the casting/race change didn't bug me.

I'm there with you on the disappointment. I grew up with DC heroes so seeing such misguided attempts at bringing them together is painful, in a way.

I liked the trailer for WW but, then again, I also liked the ones for MoS and SS so I'm not holding my breath. I'm really not enthusiastic for this iteration of the universe. I'll be optimistic when Snyder and Geoff Johns go away.

I just wanted to say that it's nice and refreshing to get fresh perspectives on this DCCU. Before this site, I had only IMDB to go by. It's great to see that many seem to collectively agree on the problems of this franchise. It's not just a vocal minority complaining--MANY people are. That's good. Maybe it will force a TRUE change that will give us great DC movies again. One can only hope.

I'm there with you on the disappointment. I grew up with DC heroes so seeing such misguided attempts at bringing them together is painful, in a way.

I liked the trailer for WW but, then again, I also liked the ones for MoS and SS so I'm not holding my breath. I'm really not enthusiastic for this iteration of the universe. I'll be optimistic when Snyder and Geoff Johns go away.
At least this is one thing we can agree on.

I just wanted to say that it's nice and refreshing to get fresh perspectives on this DCCU. Before this site, I had only IMDB to go by. It's great to see that many seem to collectively agree on the problems of this franchise. It's not just a vocal minority complaining--MANY people are. That's good. Maybe it will force a TRUE change that will give us great DC movies again. One can only hope.
Well...

I'm not holding my breath.

I know. It's a fragile optimism that probably won't amount to anything. Still--I'm feeling optimistic today!

I'm not really a fan of Civil War. I think they has a shift in theme after the bombing in Vienna. From a political thriller that involve ideal to a more personal story.