My Favorite Movie Teachers

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Ohhhh thanks champ. I was not aware. No intent to hurt his toes whatsoever. I will delete and come back later.

mea culpa. I shall don a hair shirt and flog myself 100 lashes.

Ohhhh thanks champ. I was not aware. No intent to hurt his toes whatsoever. I will delete and come back later.

mea culpa. I shall don a hair shirt and flog myself 100 lashes.
An easy way to remember - if someone titles a thread "My List of..." or "My Favorite..." it's their countdown. The word "My" is usually the designator.
But general participation threads (where anyone can add their own choices) are easy to identify - "Best..." or "Your Favorite..." or "Recommend Me Some..."

And if a poster mis-titles a list so that people don't understand that it's their personal list, then they have to live with the consequences (or ask a mod to re-title their thread).

One of my first faux-pas (of many) was jumping on one of Gideon's lists and start naming my choices for the topic!

My biggest faux-pas is hijacking other people's lists to make long-winded explanations to noobs on common site practices that other members (who are citizens with better understand of the rules) have already done in half the space!

(Gideon must hate me!)

Mr. Vargas, Fast Times at Ridgemont High

The late Vincent Schiavelli made the most of his limited screentime as the very popular science teacher who takes his kids on a memorable field trip on which Jeff Spicolli (Sean Penn) is a stowaway.

Mr. Simms, Mask

Ben Piazza plays the kind-hearted history teacher who sees past the face of Rocky Dennis (Eric Stolz) and sees the gifted student that Rocky is.

Ms. Norbury, Mean Girls

Tina Fey (who also wrote the film's brilliant screenplay) plays Lindsey Lohan's math teacher during her first year of public high school, who is Lohan's champion at the outset of the film despite serious betrayal from Lindsey's character later on.

Arthur Chipping, Goodbye, Mr. Chips (1969)

I've never seen the 1939 original film that won Robert Donat an Oscar, but I loved Peter O'Toole in this musical remake.

Adrien Brody bette be on here, or I will flood this thread with death threats.

Mean Girls is a good start, though.
OK, just did a quick search and I have never seen Detechment therefore it will not be appearing on this list.

Rose Morgan, The Mirror has Two Faces

Barbra Streisand plays a lonely college professor who agrees to a platonic marriage with a fellow professor (Jeff Bridges).

Economics Teacher, Ferris Bueller Day Off

Mr. Vargas, Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Two great teachers from two awesome films! I bet we might see another teacher from one of those movies

Elsie Thornton, Peyton Place...I seen this and it's a real good melodrama 50s soap opera type movie, but I don't remember the teacher.

Ron Clark, The Ron Clark Story

Matthew Perry received an Emmy nomination for his performance in this fact-based TV movie about a teacher who gives up a cushy teaching job in his hometown in North Carolina to teach in a New York ghetto.

Trevor Garfield, One Eight Seven

Samuel L. Jackson plays a teacher who barely survived a brutal attack at a New York school who decides to start over again at a school in LA but the emotional scars of his New York beating and hostility from LA students make his new beginning very difficult.

Pierre Dulaine, Take the Lead

Antonio Banderas played a dance teacher with his own studio who, after witnessing an act of vandalism at a high school, offers to teach ballroom dancing to the students.

Firstly, see the '39 version of Goodbye, Mr. Chips as it's wonderful.

Secondly, if Drew isn't on this for Donnie Darko there'll be consequences. Serious consequences.

Firstly, see the '39 version of Goodbye, Mr. Chips as it's wonderful.

Secondly, if Drew isn't on this for Donnie Darko there'll be consequences. Serious consequences.

Patience, Honeykid.

Sylvia Barrett, Up the Down Staircase

Oscar winner Sandy Dennis had one of her most popular roles as an English teacher in an inner city high school.

Lily Moffat, The Corn is Green

Bette Davis gave a lovely performance in this film about a teacher's relationship with a very special student (John Dall).