President Trump

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
When nostro and iro (and others who know who they are) get together to argue politics, it's always fun!
Never mind Trump and Putin, Cap. Hipsters are the enemy

I like fun.

(Let's face it, the best show is Yoda vs. Nostro!)
Does Yoda have a hipster beard? I'm fascinated by that dude in my link.

When nostro and iro (and others who know who they are) get together to argue politics, it's always fun!
We're outnumbered again, Superman

Liberals use Twitter to make their arguments and then simultaneously flip like Jimmy Kimmel and make dumb twitter poop jokes about President Trump- Double standard!

People think Trump is so harsh - if I'd been President on 9/12/2001 I would have:
  • Stopped all non-essential immigration for an indefinite period of time (until the immigration system could be completely revised and borders could be completely secured).
  • Rounded up everyone from overseas with an expired visa and deported them.
  • Deported all criminal illegal aliens within U.S. prisons.
  • Deployed the National Guard along both the North and South borders and established a Border Guard as an additional branch of the military.
  • Put all international airports and seaports under temporary martial law.
  • Instituted a mandatory one-year military service for all able-bodied, mentally competent citizens upon graduating high school.
  • Developed voluntary citizenship for service military programs for undocumented immigrants within the country.
  • Given Saudi Arabia 3 hours to unconditionally surrender.
  • Used tactical weapons on Afghanistan and the Taliban if they didn't produce and hand over Osama Bin Laden within 24 hours (a version of what Bush did).
  • Had no need for GITMO because all enemy combatants (Islamic Terrorists on the battlefield) would have "disappeared" on the battlefield if no further information could be gained from them.
  • Offered to move the nation of Israel to an area of Texas so that military bombardment of any countries in the middle east supporting or harboring Al Qaida terrorists could commence without Israel being used as a hostage.
  • Put hostile countries on notice that if a single American is so much as kidnapped or hurt on their soil, it would be taken as that country making a full declaration of war upon the U.S. and responded to with extreme prejudice.

And those would've been just a few programs begun on Wednesday.

Welcome to the human race...
Liberals use Twitter to make their arguments and then simultaneously flip like Jimmy Kimmel and make dumb twitter poop jokes about President Trump- Double standard!

It is possible for a person to make both dumb jokes and cogent arguments. Someday you'll learn to do the latter.

People think Trump is so harsh - if I'd been President on 9/12/2001 I would have:
  • Stopped all non-essential immigration for an indefinite period of time (until the immigration system could be completely revised and borders could be completely secured).
  • Deployed the National Guard along both the North and South borders and established a Border Guard as an additional branch of the military.
  • Instituted a mandatory one-year military service for all able-bodied, mentally competent citizens upon graduating high school.
  • Developed voluntary citizenship for service military programs for undocumented immigrants within the country.
  • Used tactical weapons on Afghanistan and the Taliban if they didn't produce and hand over Osama Bin Laden within 24 hours (a version of what Bush did).
  • Had no need for GITMO because all enemy combatants (Islamic Terrorists on the battlefield) would have "disappeared" on the battlefield if no further information could be gained from them.
  • Offered to move the nation of Israel to an area of Texas so that military bombardment of any countries in the middle east supporting or harboring Al Qaida terrorists could commence without Israel being used as a hostage.
  • Put hostile countries on notice that if a single American is so much as kidnapped or hurt on their soil, it would be taken as that country making a full declaration of war upon the U.S. and responded to with extreme prejudice.

THE
MAN OF STEEL

Can understand President Trump, the human being, swinging back against an unprecedented level of hostility. There hasn't been another person who has been so obsessed over in such a negative way while they're still alive.
Pretty sure Hillary was. Interestingly, you never tried to analyze that in the abstract. With that, it was always because of what she did, right? But with Trump, the "hate" and "hostility" (never just "criticism," of course) is treated like this arbitrary thing that fell on him for no particular reason, rather than something he invited and cultivated with his actions (hell, it was probably part of his strategy).

When he insults a war hero, or a woman for gaining weight, or lies brazenly about which wars he supported...you think the story is that people are mad about it, rather than that he did it in the first place? That's backwards thinking, and it's a really transparent way to try to change the subject. Which, as we've established, is your only move.

Also, time to update the counter:

It's a simple question, and I've put it to you threefour times now. And it's awfully conspicuous that you keep trying to talk past it.

@Dani8 I read this today and thought of you. It made me so angry and embarrassed.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ed-like-a-baby

Urghhh. More info, D - She's written an article here saying what happened and it uses such emotive language and carries on like a privileged elderly white person in such a way I'm actually finding her hard to believe. And reporters are obviously loving it. Byline:

Exclusive: The celebrated Australian children’s author tells how on her 117th visit to the US she was suddenly at the mercy of Donald Trump’s visa regime

Give me a break. Since when was Australi included in the 7 countries that have a temp visa restriction ?

We've gone on holiday by mistake

Ever thought about running?

Ever thought about running?
Here's the thing - if Bush had taken care of business (and I'm not saying he didn't, he just didn't take it far enough and then lost focus on National Security and terrorism by invading Iraq in 2003) by doing the things I outlined, then many of the controversial issues covered in the debates and surrounding Trump's burgeoning presidency would have been things that were resolved 15 years ago and would no longer be issues.

The fact that so many of these things are still huge, controversial issues and pressing problems shows that we really didn't take 9/11 seriously, and our lack of accountability is almost like the nation asking to be hit again, but even harder next time.

9/11 was the perfect excuse to finally revise the immigration / visa system and to secure the borders - but we didn't.

Didn't even make it off page one when I remembered this is why I don't talk religion or politics online.
Yeah. It never has a good ending. And I have never seen anyone convinced on an online forum into changing their minds. Never. Probably never will.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I think in plenty of cases people will have changed their minds BUT, will never type an admission of this.

Yeah. It never has a good ending. And I have never seen anyone convinced on an online forum into changing their minds. Never. Probably never will.
Really? Nostro changed my mind. Before reading his posts I loved Hillary and Obama!
I thought Trayvon MUST be innocent because if Obama had a son, he would've looked just like Trayvon - and therefore would be innocent because if Obama's son wouldn't attack anyone and he was black, then no black person would ever attack anyone! Right? It's just simple logic and I couldn't argue with the things Obama was trying to suggest. I was totally pulled in to his unfounded conclusions and overt racism!

I think in plenty of cases people will have changed their minds BUT, will never type an admission of this.
Now that may be.