Son of Zorn

Tools    

OK, this pilot had me on the floor, I could not stop laughing...this is the story of an animated Barbarian named Zorn who leaves his war-torn animated kingdom and decides to return to non-animated suburbia and re-establish his relationship with his son, Alan (who he calls Alangulon), much to the distress of Alan's mother and Zorn's ex-wife (Cheryl Hines) who is now engaged to a non-animated online college professor (Tim Meadows). Now don't explain how an animated barbarian managed to marry a real woman and produce a real son, it's a given and we're expected to roll with it, but what we have now is an animated superhero trying to become a suburbanite in order to win over his son and possibly his ex-wife too.

Former SNL regular Jason Sudekis is roll on the floor funny as the voice of Zorn and Hines and Meadows are fine comic foils for this animated character who when he learns his son hates taking the bus , brings him a giant winged-bird. The only thing they need to work on is making sure the animation vs real looks legitimate...Zorn always looks like he's talking straight to the real characters, but they never seem to be looking directly at Zorn because they're not really looking at anything, I assume their using a bluescreen but it was a little obvious in the pilot. I hope it will improve because I DEFINITELY plan to keep watching because the pilot was funny as hell.

It does look funny. I'm waiting until I have all the episodes so I can binge.

Just watched episodes 2 and 3 and they were just as funny as the pilot and there was a huge reveal in episode 3 that was just awesome...loving this show.

Just finished episode 4 and if there's one thing I love about this show that I am finding surprising...Zorn is a really good father. Well, maybe a "good father is going too far...maybe I should say that there is nothing he wants more than to be a good father and is beginning to learn the difference between being a good father and a "cool dad."

The Thanksgiving episode was a riot...one thing I'm finding really fascinating about this show is the relationship between Zorn and Craig (Tim Meadows)...you would think that the new boyfriend would totally resent the ex-husband, but Craig always seems to have Zorn's back or at least tries to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Episode 8 had me on the floor...Zorn was cracking me up at the dinner party at Edie's where he was trying to hide his boredom and I loved Dorothy Clementina. Also have to give another shout out to Tim Meadows, whose work here is so underrated but TPTB seem to have noticed because his role seems to be getting beefed up a bit.

Just watched episode 11 and a LOT of stuff went down in this episode...felt like a season finale? Does anyone know if this was the last episode of the season?

Imagine my shock when episode 12 hit the airwaves last night after a couple of months off the air and it did not disappoint...I was pretty much on the floor for most of the episode which resolved every dangling plot point open at the end of ep 11. I have to admit the previous 3 episodes were not up to the beginning of the season but last night's show was back on track...Jason Sudekis is AWESOME as Zorn.

I've only watched the first few episodes, but I could see myself finishing it eventually. I feel like the concept is better than the humor sometimes, but it had plenty of solid laughs.

I don't know if it's going to stick around for another season. Fox is notorious for cancelling almost all of their animated series after one season.

I thought it was cancelled for a minute because its Xmas break was a lot longer than most shows and the final show before the break felt like a series/season finale, so I was relieved when it returned a couple of weeks ago.