Current Top Five Favorite Actors

Tools    

Didn't see it.
From what I've read, it is common knowledge that Esquire says Spacey is gay and that Spacey denies it.

Spacey is gay as a daisy in May. And don't believe any rumors of a romance with Helen Hunt either, that's just a front.

Bill Murray
Tom Hanks
Robert DeNiro
George Clooney
Morgan Freeman

Top 5 Under 40's, Actors Working Today: ( In No Order)

1. Sean Penn
2. Johnny Depp
3. Edward Norton
4. Gary Oldman
5. Aaron Eckhart

Top 5 Seasoned Veteran's: (Pacino,De Niro,Nicholson,Walken & Connery)

That's difficult to do, I feel like Im neglecting so many. ( Jean Reno, Ron Perlman, Gabriel Byrne, Vince Vauhgn etc....)

That's the Rules of the game I guess, not easy at all.

My Top 5 Favorite Actors rite now r, in no particular order:

Jim Carrey
Tom Hanks
Edward Norton
Brad Pitt
Kevin Spacey

Honorable Mentions:

Matt Damon
Vin Diesel
Ryan Phillipe
Giovanni Ribisi

I can pretend that things last.
My TOP 5 in no order
  • Robert DeNiro.
  • Robin Williams.
  • Dustin Hoffman. ALthough he's bit aged,he was good in 'Wag the Dog'
  • Jackie Chan. No doubt.He's too good a stuntsman.
  • Tom Hanks.

This is for 'Actors'. I dunno about actresses.If there is a post for it.I'll name some of them.

Later
Aditya

Welcome, Aditya. Well, you have been certainly busy this morning or night or wherever we are in the world. I'm in London. Pleased to meet you. But is Jackie Chan really an actor? I consider him a great physical comedian, rather than an actor. I still like him though and I see all his movies. I wish Ang Lee could use him.

Pigsnie

I can pretend that things last.
Originally posted by Pigsnie
Welcome, Aditya. Well, you have been certainly busy this morning or night or wherever we are in the world. I'm in London. Pleased to meet you. But is Jackie Chan really an actor? I consider him a great physical comedian, rather than an actor. I still like him though and I see all his movies. I wish Ang Lee could use him.

Pigsnie
Hi Pigsnie, I am from India.By the way,I agree with you about Jackie Chan.He isnt really an actor,but i love his stunts and his funny antics.

But if we are talking about 'serious','drama' type actor,then instead of Jackie Chan,I'll replace him with Jim Carrey.As for his role in 'Man on the moon' was good.

Cheerios
Aditya

Gee, there's just so many ;-)
My all time fave is Kevin Bacon. I am starting a Bacon movie collection, believe it or not. Some others that are really good are Anthony Hopkins, Cuba Gooding, Jr., Brad Pitt, David Boreanez (spelling?) and Matt Damon. If I forgot someone, I'll add em later... heh heh.

Can't stand Cuba Gooding. Fellow doesn't have a subtle bone in his body. Bacon is ok though, but he will never be a box office draw, sad to say.

Top 5 actors (still working)

1. Robert De Niro
2. Al Pacino
3. Anthony Hopkins
4. Jack Nicholson
5. Kevin Spacey

Top 5 actresses (still working)

1. Jodie Foster
2. Emma Thompson
3. Winona Ryder
4. Helena Bonham Carter
5. Annette Bening

Female assassin extraordinaire.
wow, K Spacey and gayness ... well I sure knew he wasn't dating any females WE knew about but at the same time he seemed sort of ... unclaimed by any one of either sex. I didn't believe he was dating Helen Hunt for a minute; they only went out on the town together and I mean, so does everybody else. Doesn't mean they were dating.

I never did read the Esquire article or heard the rumors about him being gay ... though I did wonder. But as for his ability to PLAY gay in Midnight ... hmm, I beg to differ. Being has many ways of being portrayed and to be gay is just a characteristic for which ANYTHING can fit. there are of course stereotypes in which case if you were looking for one and didn't get it, one can't complain. but i liked how spacey played it ... he played it with a casual sort of humor, so that the gayness didn't matter to HIS character (or him as a person because the character is as legitimate to him as any) but as though he were quite aware and amused that it would matter to characters within the movie (within character and without). And obviously to most heterosexual viewers it always will because it's different and not mainstream, a tad taboo and titillating because of that.

ok, but yeah, off topic ... my top 5 actors ...

* Kevin Spacey (heheh)
* Morgan Freeman
* Anthony Hopkins
* Gary Oldman
* Geoffrey Rush

Runners Up:

* Ed Norton
* Tom Sizemore
* John Turturro
* John Malkovich
* Gabriel Byrne
* Daniel Auteuil
* Steve Buscemi

These are the ones who are almost always guaranteed to either 1) make my heart quiver when I hear they are coming out with something new because they're so deliciously good or 2) get my nod of respect no matter what they're making, even if it's crappy, cause I know what they can do if the situation were perfect and conducive to getting the best performances from them.

Thmilin is BACK! Hello, sweetheart! Do you think I look like Colin Firth?

My top 5 favorites are:

1) Sean Connery (Bond, James Bond)
2) Christopher Walken (even though he freaks the hell out of me, he does great work)
3) Robert DeNiro
4) Mel "Blue Eyes" Gibson
5) Tom Hanks

Ed Burns
Paul Newman
Robert DeNiro
Al Pacino
Ben Affleck

Guy
Sorry if I posted in this thing already, I'm too lazy to search around

1- Robert De Niro
2- Edward Norton
3- Kevin Spacey
4- Johnny Depp
5- John C. Riley
(6)- Phillop Baker Hall
(7)- Phillop Seymor Hoffman (Who's never been in a bad movie that I saw)

Guy
Spacey has been in some great movies! American Beauty, Se7en, LA Confidential, Usual Suspects! Wow

George Clooney
Christian Slater
Johnny Depp
Matt Damon
Brad Pitt

Clint Eastwood
Al Pacino
Robert DeNiro
Edward Norton
Brad Pitt

I'm a huge fan of Clint Eastwood westerns. The Outlaw Josey Wales, High Plains Drifter, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly... and eight more
[Edited by Matt on 06-30-2001]

5)Phillip Seymour Hoffman
As versatile as any actor in Hollywood. Just contrast his performances in "Boogie Nights" and "The Big Lebowski." That's complete range. Tragic to comic.

4)Kevin Spacey
Intensely expressive. He owns every scene he's in (unless you're talking about "Glengarry Glen Ross," because it's impossible to own scenes when you're opposite Lemmon, Pacino, Harris, Baldwin, etc.).

3)Johnny Depp
Mightily underrated. There are still people who think of 21 Jump Street when they hear his name. He's Tim Burton's favorite actor, and one of mine, because he commits himself to every role life few others of his generation.

2)William H. Macy
Quintissential technician. According to reports, he compulsively adheres to every letter of every script and every minute direction. But then he adds his own tweak -- and it's always memorable.

1)Al Pacino
'Nuff said. Why Pacino and not DeNiro? Why no DeNiro at all? Well, it's a favorites list. Few onscreen events impact me the way Pacino does every time he opens his eyes wide in surprise, anger or delight -- you know that what follows will stay with you long after the credits have rolled.