Picture of a beauty queen
Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire
Ginger Rodgers, dance on air

They had style, they had grace
Rita Hayworth gave good face
Lauren, Katherine, Lana too
Bette Davis, we love you

The thought of a famous songstress in 40 years singing
about Adam Sandler in the same vein makes me smile.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
If Tommy Wiseau doesn’t show up somewhere on here the entire list will be invalidated.

Dan Duryea was my 1 pointer. If you don't know who he is, try watching some classic Film Noir.

Is he a movie STAR though or is he just a great actor? I interpreted this list as being about glamour and star power. Just a different interpretation of movie star I guess.

Dan was big in his time. He was a great actor.

I guess people can interpret this countdown anyway they want. If we go for ALL time biggest movie stars based on glamour and star power. Then Bette Davis and Clark Gable would win hands down.

Is he a movie STAR though or is he just a great actor? I interpreted this list as being about glamour and star power.
Um...

You're allowed to nominate anybody who's ever been in a movie.
Yeah. So I kind of don't think "glamour" and "star power" were necessarily what the intent was. In any case, I interpreted it as "film actors I most enjoy watching."

Um...

Yeah. So I kind of don't think "glamour" and "star power" were necessarily what the intent was. In any case, I interpreted it as "film actors I most enjoy watching."
I interpreted it as pick who you believe are the greatest "movie stars." Ironically I thought Brendan Fraser fit my criteria perfectly and was a pretty good choice. After hearing how you interpreted it, I'm sure there are many others who interpreted it the same way which kind of makes me lose interest in the results.

And as a side note, SC, it's fine flying through this countdown, but you can at least post a picture for every actor. It's not like it's hard to find one.
Originally I made a collage of heads, like I've been doing, that included everybody, but I didn't like the way it looked, so I ditched it. And then you can only add 5 pictures to a post here, so I had to leave off three people.

Originally Posted by Thursday Next
That's a lot of ties.
There's so many ties in the first fifty, but after that, everything's smooth. Until then, it's gonna be a bumpy ride. It will make Rodent's Comic Book Movies list look more professional. It's more like The Top 200 Movie Stars Countdown.

But hey -- more to celebrate.

Dan was big in his time. He was a great actor.

I guess people can interpret this countdown anyway they want. If we go for ALL time biggest movie stars based on glamour and star power. Then Bette Davis and Clark Gable would win hands down.
Yeah, that's why I was stunned that Gable came in so low. I TOTALLY misinterpreted the nature of this countdown and I apologise for my earlier comment. It seems I am the only one who interpreted it that way.

Well given who is running the list, at the least it seemed apparent to me that having a list full of Old Hollywood starlets wasn't the intention.

96. (TIE)

Anthony Hopkins
Cillian Murphy
Victor Mature
Diane Keaton
Kiefer Sutherland

19 points. 1 voter.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	anthony_hopkins.jpg
Views:	819
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	18475   Click image for larger version

Name:	cillian.jpg
Views:	872
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	18476   Click image for larger version

Name:	victor.jpg
Views:	788
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	18477   Click image for larger version

Name:	diane-keaton.jpg
Views:	1136
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	18478   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kiefer.jpg
Views:	969
Size:	418.9 KB
ID:	18480  

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Yeah, that's why I was stunned that Gable came in so low. I TOTALLY misinterpreted the nature of this countdown and I apologise for my earlier comment. It seems I am the only one who interpreted it that way.
It's fine, you didn't know. These lists that we do in general are pretty much left to the individual to interpret as they want. You can have your own 25 reflect your favorites, quality, or any which way you choose to construct your list. I think most of us tend to go for 25 of "my favorites" for each list.