Treat Williams

Tools    

I wish Treat Williams would make more movies. Everything I have seen him in was great. I wish I could post a picture of him, but i don't have enough post.

Haha, old school. Yeah, I remember this guy back when I watched Deep Rising. I think he was in Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead , too. I remember really liking him as an actor. Ain't seen him do much in years, though.

He's great in the marvelous "Deep Rising".
"The Substitute 3" I also worth checking out, as is the aforementioned "Dead Heat".

He was the union leader in "Once Upon a Time in America" as well and very good in "Prince of the City".
Seems to have gone form 'prestige' films like those to more trashy (if fun) fare lately.

I looked up to see if Treat Williams has done anything lately and I read that in post production he is starting in Jake's Run 2009 and he is in another movie, but I don’t think he’s the lead actor in Howl 2010. Deep rising was really good, it was released in 1998, how time flies by
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Deep rising.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	6542  

Semper Fooey
He's too old to be starring in anymore movies. One of those actors who showed a lot of promise (Prince of the City) then didn't.

I don’t think he’s too old, when you’re a good actor, that’s all that matters. Years ago I saw the movie Substitute with Treat Williams and I remember it being a good movie. I just thought I would post it, in case someone wanted to check it out.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1224252672/tt0120847

Treat Williams is an outstanding American film-maker and he is at present only 58. He has been active since the seventies of the last century. He has traversed a long way from Deadly Hero (1976) to Safe Harbor (2009). In 2009, that is, in the current year only he has five films in hand and those are Safe Harbor (2009), Storm (2009), Chasing a Dream (2009), Good Behavior (2009) and Jake's Run (2009).
In the following links you will happily find what you want to have on him:
www.starpulse.com/Actors/Williams,_Treat/index.html
www.celebritywonder.com/html/treatwilliams.html

He's too old to be starring in anymore movies. One of those actors who showed a lot of promise (Prince of the City) then didn't.
I wouldn't say he was too old to be the star of a film. Look at the ancient Henry Fonda and Katherine Hepburn in On Golden Pond. Williams is a long way from even Paul Newman's age in some of Newman's last films.

However, I think you're closer to the mark in your second statement that he showed a lot of promise early on that just didn't pan out later. Coulda been a contender but instead ended up with a one-way ticket to palooka-ville.