Overrated Actors

Tools    

I like ScarJo.

Overrated, if he is actually rated, is Jim Carrey
Really how come? He is one of the last comedic pioneers in Hollywood. His style was completely original. He has shown depth in dramatic roles too. He is top A talent.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I think ScarJo's performance in The Avengers was overrated.
I don't understand this statement. Were people impressed with her in this movie?

Suspect's Reviews

He is one of the last comedic pioneers in Hollywood. His style was completely original.
Yes, because slapstick/physical comedy had never been seen before on the big screen. Naturally, I could pick from good number, but I'll go with the most Carrey one, IMO.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, Mr. Jerry Lewis.

I am the Watcher in the Night
Over rated actors....this is a tough one. Actors and actresses who have made an impact are normally rated because they put in some very good performances.

If I had to name some I'd go with Jamie Foxx (was over rated for a while, especially after Ray).

And I know some of you will kill me but Maryl Streep. She seems to have an Oscar nomination/win almost every year, even in some roles where she is barely average. Maybe this says something about the lack of true acting talent amongst females in Hollywood. Too many directors go for girls who look good, rather than those who can act.

Amy Adams is someone who I have been mightily impressed with in recent times.

^ Her Oscar for Best Actress should have gone to anyone else, Glenn Close for example for Albert Nobbs, overall the film is nothing special but her performance was fantastic and heartbreaking(the sequence between her and Janet McTeer's character in front of the fire discussing why Nobbs became a 'man' was excellent), as well as Janet McTeer in the same film(she got a nomination for Supporting Actress).

Over rated actors....this is a tough one. Actors and actresses who have made an impact are normally rated because they put in some very good performances.

If I had to name some I'd go with Jamie Foxx (was over rated for a while, especially after Ray).

And I know some of you will kill me but Maryl Streep. She seems to have an Oscar nomination/win almost every year, even in some roles where she is barely average. Maybe this says something about the lack of true acting talent amongst females in Hollywood. Too many directors go for girls who look good, rather than those who can act.

Amy Adams is someone who I have been mightily impressed with in recent times.
I don't know what to make of Jamie Foxx. I think he is one of the best out there. But I don't think he is a great as some make him out to be either. But he is for sure a special talent. To call him overrated is a bit much.

And the reason Meryl Streep gets academy award nominations for anything she does (she has 17 nominations) is because she is amazing. Probably the best actress of all time. Can't fault her. It is like she doesn't act. She just lives. She embraces every role that she gets. Even in hope springs she was great and that is a character so much different from who she is. It is because she is probably the most technical performer out there. She makes sure every second she is on screen is excellent. She gets those nominations because she earned them.

And I think Sean Penn is overrated. Great actor but some call him the best of his generation. Nah.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I haven't seen enough from either Jamie Foxx or Sean Penn but they both had 2 great performances in my book. Foxx for Collateral, and Penn for Mystic River.

I am the Watcher in the Night
I don't know what to make of Jamie Foxx. I think he is one of the best out there. But I don't think he is a great as some make him out to be either. But he is for sure a special talent. To call him overrated is a bit much.

And the reason Meryl Streep gets academy award nominations for anything she does (she has 17 nominations) is because she is amazing. Probably the best actress of all time. Can't fault her. It is like she doesn't act. She just lives. She embraces every role that she gets. Even in hope springs she was great and that is a character so much different from who she is. It is because she is probably the most technical performer out there. She makes sure every second she is on screen is excellent. She gets those nominations because she earned them.

And I think Sean Penn is overrated. Great actor but some call him the best of his generation. Nah.
I rate Penn very highly so wouldn't really call him over rated and I do agree, Streep is a great actress but she seems to get an Oscar nod for almost everything she does. Some of her roles are average, like a hell of a lot of her movies. Julie and Julia (think she got an Oscar nomination for this too), Lions for Lambs, about as one note as you can get, Rendition. All poor-average movies that thought they were smarter than they really were. And Streep was so one note in Lions and Rendition it wasn't even funny (not sure if she actually got nominations for those, don't think she did though).

I find the most actors that are in thousand of movies overrated because those guys and gals are always picked and most of us already know how they act and to me gets boring. I'd like to see newbie's such as Tom Hiddleston or Milo Ventimiglia and even one of my new favorite actors Jackson Rathbone and a nurse Jackie male doctor Peter Facinelli

Nicholas Cage and Keanu Reeves - say no more.

Brando is a bit overrated also and I think Humphrey Bogart was a tad more wooden than his fans would let you think.

Sandler is a box office king

No sequels
No franchises
No big-budget movies

Since Happy Gilmore,he has had just four commercial flops.

Movies run solely on his star power