President Trump

Tools    

Nothing funny about not voting at all, either.
Who said it was? Nevertheless, I stand by my decision. I'm not pulling that "I voted for such and such to keep the other from getting in" crap that so many did. That was even the excuse of a lot of people who voted for Trump: "Oh, I just didn't want Hillary to win and feel that Trump is the lesser of two evils, so I voted for him."

If I don't agree with either candidate--I'm NOT voting. Simple as that.

PS: And YES, there do exist defenses of Trump where said person is defending him on his own merits--I realize that. No offense intended against people who support him.

I'm simply stating that almost every defense that I've personally read online is always one of those deflection ones. I understand that not EVERY supporter is like that, so please don't take offense.

All of this about no principles
Well, first, I didn't say, and don't think, you have "no principles." I just think you either have really vague ones with no opinions about specific policies, or else you have those too but hide them because you know many are inconsistent with Trump's actions. I lean towards the former.

Also, this proves that all the "principles are private" stuff was just an empty excuse, right? Because you can't simultaneously say "I won't tell you because they're private" and "I already told you!"

and yet only one MoFo actually presented a personal video they made about their entire historical worldview this year

That is not a video about your "entire historical worldview." It's a video about history, and the only principle even hinted at is "the West is good." That tells us nothing about economics, trade, entitlements, judicial activism, or a ton of other things I've asked after.

Also--and this is the key reason this doesn't explain anything--I specifically asked you about this video. You sent it to me privately, and I responded with this:
"I can't tell if you're sharing this just to share it, or if it's meant as a sort-of response to the thing you quoted. If it's the latter, I can only take it to mean that your Trump support is based primarily on the fact that you think Islamic extremism is an existential threat, and therefore we need a candidate who regards it as such. Is that what you're getting at?"
You never replied. If this is meant to be a declaration of principles, when on earth would you refuse to answer such a simple question about what it means?

If you think Trump's hardline position on Islamic extremism outweighs his many faults and flaws...then say that. Own your position.

I don't thing wealth is automatically indicative of corruption, nor do I think it's an example of him going back on any campaign promise.

What's relevant is the insider-outsider distinction. So the more damning thing, I think, is that he said he wanted to take on "the establishment," then made the head of the RNC his Chief of Staff, and the RNC's Communications Director his Press Secretary.

I don't thing wealth is automatically indicative of corruption, nor do I think it's an example of him going back on any campaign promise.

What's relevant is the insider-outsider distinction. So the more damning thing, I think, is that he said he wanted to take on "the establishment," then made the head of the RNC his Chief of Staff, and the RNC's Communications Director his Press Secretary.
It's almost as if you need people who have made politics their career to navigate this world properly, you know like a job. This is not a defense of Trump, it is an indictment of him and anyone who makes broad generalizations about draining the swamp and getting rid of career politicians. Frustrating.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
"This is not Trump’s America!" Passengers rejoice when man accused of racism is kicked off flight]
Still blows my mind cretins like that exist in this day and age.

Can I get some Trump supporters opinion on this?
I imagine they would say Trump is blocking all the corrupt, overrated, nasty, dishonest, liberal fascist terrorist-supporting America-hating commie lying hillary-lovingpatheticangryhatefuljealousincompetentfailing fake news media organizations.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Yeah that sums it up about right.

All of this about no principles, and yet only one MoFo actually presented a personal video they made about their entire historical worldview this year

The West

By FrostromoFranko
If this is meant to be a declaration of principles, when on earth would you refuse to answer such a simple question about what it means?
With all the declared nuance around here I wouldn't have thought MovieForums.com requires that even a crystal clear 4-minute shortfilm be spelled out.

2,000+ casualties by Radical Islamic Terrorists in European/American cities in just the last couple years in Istanbul (Turkey), Kumanovo (Macedonia), Graz (Austria), Berlin (Germany), Würzburg (Germany), Ansbach (Germany), Munich (Germany), Sicily (Italy), Brussels (Belgium), Nice (France), Paris (France), Seaside Park- New Jersey (USA), Manhattan- New York (USA), St. Cloud- Minnesota (USA), Columbus- Ohio (USA), Roanoke- Virginia (USA), Chattanooga- Tennessee (USA), Orlando- Florida (USA), Fort Lauderdale- Florida (USA), and San Bernardino- California (USA)

And so we had Donald Trump campaigning to strengthen screening on those immigrating from regions known for terrorist activity, while Hillary Clinton campaigned for a 550% increase in refugee migration and a wide-open border policy in spite of any terrorist threats.

I love the concept that it is okay for people living in Western nations to be proud of our history in nations such as Greece, Italy, France, Germany, Britain, which spread to the Americas and thanks to our Founding Fathers became the USA.

Can anyone imagine if Trump and his supporters had engineered and inflicted 2,000 casualties on someone in the last couple years, by the way? It would be framed as the Biggest Story in Universe History. The left already accused him of being Adolf Hitler- with no casualties. But if it is Islamic extremists performing violent acts in Western nations, and on minorities, women, and homosexuals within their own- then the left has to look the other way out of some misguided sense of 'tolerance.' Double standards. I don't appreciate my stance and pride in our own Western culture against Radical Islamic violence being undercut and sort of discarded, but at the same time it gives me great karma, so whatever

With all the declared nuance around here I wouldn't have thought MovieForums.com requires that even a crystal clear 4-minute shortfilm be spelled out.
It doesn't: the video is quite clear. What isn't as clear is the rest of your worldview. Specifically, whether or not you acknowledge the myriad problems people have pointed out, and whether or not you excuse them simply because you think this one thing is more important than all of them.

It's a simple question, and I've put it to you three times now. And it's awfully conspicuous that you keep trying to talk past it.

The number of non Islamic people murdering people in the Western world is about 150,000 a year. Yes western world includes South America and Mexico, but even among developed Western countries the murders number about 30,000 a year. The few hundred deaths a year from terrorism are nothing compared to that and obviously not representative of the over 1 billion Islamic people in the world. Also, it's not hard to understand what those attacks are about and they are specific attacks made by specific organizations for specific purposes. They are not a part of a war of Islam against Christendom as there is no such war.

The US is being really weird in their position on immigration right now because the US is made up of immigrants: American it's not an ethnic group. So blocking immigration is very weird for such New World country to be and specially religious discrimination. It's contradictory with its own past history.

Trump's hostility towards immigration is doing a huge deal of damage to legal immigration already. They already made it much more difficult for people to get work visas, for example. He is doing a lot of harm and if he gets to run over 8 years it would be awful for the US and also for the rest of the world, he might even default on the US debt. China and Russia are the only countries that want Trump in the White House and are taking advantage of him to expand their spheres of power.

@Dani8 I read this today and thought of you. It made me so angry and embarrassed.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ed-like-a-baby

The number of non Islamic people murdering people in the Western world is about 150,000 a year. Yes western world includes South America and Mexico, but even among developed Western countries the murders number about 30,000 a year. The few hundred deaths a year from terrorism are nothing compared to that and obviously not representative of the over 1 billion Islamic people in the world. Also, it's not hard to understand what those attacks are about and they are specific attacks made by specific organizations for specific purposes. They are not a part of a war of Islam against Christendom as there is no such war.

The US is being really weird in their position on immigration right now because the US is made up of immigrants: American it's not an ethnic group. So blocking immigration is very weird for such New World country to be and specially religious discrimination. It's contradictory with its own past history.

Trump's hostility towards immigration is doing a huge deal of damage to legal immigration already. They already made it much more difficult for people to get work visas, for example. He is doing a lot of harm and if he gets to run over 8 years it would be awful for the US and also for the rest of the world, he might even default on the US debt. China and Russia are the only countries that want Trump in the White House and are taking advantage of him to expand their spheres of power.
It's all a matter of perspective. We don't even know the numbers (tens or hundreds of thousands) who have been murdered by ISIS over the last 4 years - and we won't know for a long time.

As far as a war by Islam on Christendom not existing - Copts in Egypt would disagree (and dozens of other Christian groups throughout the middle east and northern Africa that have been experiencing a literal holocaust of genocide over the last few decades would also disagree).

Trump's stance is not contradictory with America's past. (First, the country's entire history has been a series of alterations, changes and contradictions.) But whenever the country has been attacked, restraints on importing certain outsiders have been put into place. After Pearl Harbor, FDR immediately stopped all Japanese immigration and, worse yet, began putting Japanese Americans into camps.

The attack by Islamists on 9/11 was the single most devastating attack on American soil - Bush should have put a halt to all immigration temporarily and from all Islamic countries for an indefinite period.

Every President since Jimmy Carter has put immigration bans into place as a response to hostile events or threats from the middle east.

I have a hard time understanding how someone can feel terrorism is a major issue and then support Trump. The guy does nothing but talk big and put on a show. He's incompetent, he has no experience, and he can't even bother to take security issues seriously. You really think the president should be at odds with the national security agencies? Or tweeting about an upcoming interview while a military raid is going on in Yemen, a raid that turned out disastrous by the way, which Trump then lied about being Obama's plan and also boasted about it being successful?

It seems to me Trump supporters have either been conned or they're simply politicizing the terrorism issue as some sort of justification. There's already an extreme vetting process in place for Syrian refugees. There's been no attacks from people from those seven countries, but countries where he could have made a case for a travel ban were spared, several of which Trump has business deals in. Coincidence? The intelligence community has found no benefit to the travel ban, but that hasn't stopped Trump from trying to pressure them to find a justification. Sounds a lot like what happened leading to Bush's Iraq war. That turned out well.

Clinton did say she supported increasing Syrian refugees by 550%, though it's now impossible to say it would have happened, but all refugees would have undergone extreme vetting. I have mixed feelings about these things, I'll admit. But as far I know under Obama every terrorist attack in this country was from either U.S. citizens born of immigrants or from immigrants who'd been in the country since before Obama took office.

Anyhow, I just don't get how anyone can think a self-serving, reckless, inexperienced, narcissistic blowhard is going to keep the country safe. We can only hope those who do know what they're doing are able to do their jobs in spite of Trump.

@Dani8 I read this today and thought of you. It made me so angry and embarrassed.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ed-like-a-baby
I saw that, D. I have to say, I've travelled a lot and met some pretty rude border control people as well as super nice, was detained n tokyo for hours because I'd been in africa for 6 months, but our experience at LAX was pretty cringey (we were only in transit as well), and that was way before this current mess. We were in US for a ********* conference to buy equipment from american companies, for heaven's sake. Don't be embarrassed, though. It could happen anywhere in the world. She's received a formal apology but nowhere have I seen WHY she was detained. I mean, was a 70 year old lady making Hi Jack jokes? I doubt it.

Here's an example - Riz Ahmed, an english actor. F bomb warning and it's a novella from a book of essays and race in UK, but if you scroll down toward the bottom he talks about Heathrow. Worth a read, though.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...as-a-terrorist

My husband without fail always gets hit with the random drug detector, and I'm sure it's simply because he has dark hair and eyes. There is no other reason I cn think of that he's been pinged every single time since 9/11. Maybe they know something I don't. Is he hiding a WoMD under his business shirt? No, I think that's just the result of xmas lunch. It's just the way it is these days. He doesnt mind because it's just the routine of being lined up like cattle going across borders, but things have been tight since 9/11 everywhere in the world, not just LAX. And not being a muslim he doesnt feel vilified by it, but I can only imgine how muslims feel when it happens. It IS horrible being detained incase they think you might be smuggling but to be detained for no reason and at the age of 70, or because of what religion someone ASSumes you are would be mind blowing. I'm glad my passport with stamps from predominantly muslim countries expired before I went to LAX to be honest.

eta the censor pinged me again for posting dog nammit

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Personally, I don't like it.. Even if I never fly again, I don't like it happening to others.

A couple of terrorists did hijack the country and take many of our civil liberties.

They did win.

A couple of terrorists did hijack the country and take many of our civil liberties.

They did win.
Yeah, and still winning. I wish the media would settle down a bit whenever the mentally deranged at isis get up to their crap. I dont want the media censored but they're feeding into their attention whoring and doing the job for them. I dont know what the answer is.