Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Last Resort - 5.5/10

I wanted to take a chance. It was On-Demand, but unfortunately none of the Russian was translated, and the entire thing is only 70 minutes.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I've never given a movie a number rating before but trying this out now after seeing this last night

Five out of Five.

Legend in my own mind
I've never given a movie a number rating before but trying this out now after seeing this last night

Five out of Five.
I enjoyed it. Not as much as some of my friends. The first half of the film was superb, second half dragged a bit for me.

I enjoyed it. Not as much as some of my friends. The first half of the film was superb, second half dragged a bit for me.

I loved it. My bro kept hassling me to see it and I was like 'Yeah, I hear you, but not the top of my list'. Finally saw it and was blown away. I heart it.

Edge Of Tomorrow (2014)

Been awhile since I've been on. Caught this on tv last weekend. Nice little popcorn flick, everyone seemed to enjoy it when it came out so I gave it a chance.. I really enjoyed the beginning when he was just realizing he kept repeating the same day. Thought it was really well done with a lot of humor. These are usually not my kind of flicks. Once I see a crazy looking alien I sort of become conscience that I am watching a movie. This movie kept me in the world a little longer than most but no matter how they dress it up the aliens were kind of silly and the reason behind his repeated days was ultimately, to me silly as well. Their strategy was a little flawed to me in the plot but whatever I went with it. It's not a mindless popcorn flick which I give it credit for but it still leans that way. The end sort of wrapped up too neatly for me, when it really shouldn't have, but nitpicks.

Cruise is his solid usual action hero self. Emily Blunt however really brought it. Thought her performance was really convincing. Oh and she is super freaking hot in it, which doesn't hurt in my enjoyment of the film lol. It's pretty much just a 2 person film so not much else to add performance wise. It's a nice little action flick, with some actual effort involved into making it which I appreciate. However I do not see myself revisiting it anytime soon. Maybe down the line in a year or two.

I'd give it a strong 3.5 out of 5.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

The Cell: 6/10

it's not bad, but it feels too self indulgent, and superficial. and while the set design and color scheme are quite nice, the focus was extremely soft, perhaps the intention....since it's meant to be a dream of sorts.......but I feel it tarnished all that hard work. however I watched it off of HBO, so perhaps a bluray would have a crisper image.

also, never thought i'd see a pink power ranger naked.

Legend in my own mind
I loved it. My bro kept hassling me to see it and I was like 'Yeah, I hear you, but not the top of my list'. Finally saw it and was blown away. I heart it.
I enjoyed it, Little Sunny was superb. A fantastic story but I thought it lulled a slight bit.

Rams (2015)

A simple, human story told remarkably well. It's dark, but it never goes all Von Trier, or anything, it's not punishing. Sigurður Sigurjónsson carries every scene he's in, he plays a character that's likable, unlikeable, sympathetic, and so forth. He makes you feel just about every emotion in the book. You never know what the disconnect is between him, and his brother is one hundred percent, but you just feel the baggage they're both carrying every single time these two are together, even when they're not saying a word to one another, which truly is a testament to both of these actors. It's also great looking, it's nice to see a movie that looks so grey that doesn't overdo it, and the scenery has so much scope you feel like it goes on forever. I'll be watching out for Grímur Hákonarson, I anticipate good things.

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me -

This was excellent. Weird, funny, mysterious, dark, etc. Really loved it, i'll post more about it in the Twin Peaks thread later.

Krisha (2015)

Krisha is a woman in her 60's who has been estranged from her family and been an addict for many years. She appears to be doing better and is looking for another chance. They have her over for Thanksgiving dinner and let her have the responsibility of cooking the turkey. How it will all go is the bi question.

This felt like a horror movie at times with the camera movements and musical score, but it is 100% family drama. It is not a groundbreaking story, but it felt fresh and is a brisk 80 minutes long. I found it to be more intense than emotional, and I think most people will be able to relate to at least some of the characters. I wouldn't quite call it a powerhouse of a movie but it was a riveting watch.

Nocturnal Animals

Unease, unsettling, uncomfortable, disturbing, disgusting, distressing - or for whatever it is -

I enjoyed it, Little Sunny was superb. A fantastic story but I thought it lulled a slight bit.
He was amazing!

I agree it does lull but I didnt mind that. I just thought it was such a beautifully put together movie. Cinematography was so beautiful. (ssshhh - might have cried).

Why is Dev nominated for best supporting actor? I think he should have got nom'd best actor and Sunny best supporting.

Saw Havenhurst last night. Pretty decent horror/thriller. A few too many jump scares for my liking but otherwise solid entertainment, and I;m not even a huge fan of Julie Benz. Worth a few popcorn cups on a rainy saturday night.

Legend in my own mind
He was amazing!

I agree it does lull but I didnt mind that. I just thought it was such a beautifully put together movie. Cinematography was so beautiful. (ssshhh - might have cried).
People all around me in the cinema were crying too.

Why is Dev nominated for best supporting actor? I think he should have got nom'd best actor and Sunny best supporting.

Saw Havenhurst last night. Pretty decent horror/thriller. A few too many jump scares for my liking but otherwise solid entertainment, and I;m not even a huge fan of Julie Benz. Worth a few popcorn cups on a rainy saturday night.
Because he was only in half of the film and only half of the main character.

People all around me in the cinema were crying too.
I'm glad I saw it on my own. My husband would have laughed at me.

Because he was only in half of the film and only half of the main character
Ahh right. Thanks for that. I sent my bro an email to ask if the DoP is a friend of his. Stunning work.

eta sorry about that. I don't know how to multi quote.

Viridiana (1961) - 9.5/10

Days of Heaven (1978) - 8.5/10

Son of Fury: The Story of Benjamin Blake (1942) - 7.5/10

Writeups for Days of Heaven and Son of Fury are posted in my film diary thread. Viridiana will come soon.