Saw: Legacy - Will it save the franchise or be another misstep?

Tools    

The truth is in here
Most people (apart of some gorehounds I suppose) can agree that the Saw franchise has gone downhill. Sure there are some highlights even in the worst ones, but you can just watch those on YouTube. It varies from person to person when the series went downhill (although most I've asked think the first is the only good one). Personally I think the first 3 would be a great trilogy on its own. Maybe a new ending for Saw III so it doesn't lead up to a sequel, but other that that it would work. Saw IV wasn't neccessary, although I can say I still enjoyed it.

Then it went south. Saw V was boring and focused on a new character I couldn't care less about (I know the Hoffman fans will slam me, but I think he's a really dull and overrated character), then the sixth one wasn't much better either. And the less said about Saw VII, the better.

And now we have this. Quite worrisome news, but at the same time I don't protest. Why? Because who knows, maybe this one could be a surprise! Not a huge surprise, but at least a decent time.
Heh, for some reason I always think talking about weird or bad-looking movies is more fun than talking about those who look good. Anyway, thoughts?

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I think the first one was excellent. Then the rest are meh.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

The truth is in here
The series basically turns into a cartoon later on. The traps become too convoluted to take seriously, and scary? Definitely not. The Wheel Of Misfortune trap in part VI as I'd like to call it, actually made me laugh out loud.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
The series basically turns into a cartoon later on. The traps become too convoluted to take seriously, and scary? Definitely not. The Wheel Of Misfortune trap in part VI as I'd like to call it, actually made me laugh out loud.
I can't even remember which deaths and traps are from which movies.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
There's nothing to really save though. This series is going to be 8 deep, which is more than what most series can say. Saw had its time in the sun, no one cares about it anymore. The story is done, it was done after 3, then they reallllly stretched it out.

This is coming from a fan.

Suspect's Reviews

The truth is in here
I think the dumbest thing about the series now is that Jigsaw hasn't been alive for 11 ******** years. Why decide to kill him off in the third one only to make a ton more sequels where he's only alive through old tapes (and a lot of them too, how did he even have time to make so many when he's sick from cancer)? This is even more ludicrous than Jason in the Friday The 13th franchise.

I think the dumbest thing about the series now is that Jigsaw hasn't been alive for 11 ******** years. Why decide to kill him off in the third one only to make a ton more sequels where he's only alive through old tapes (and a lot of them too, how did he even have time to make so many when he's sick from cancer)? This is even more ludicrous than Jason in the Friday The 13th franchise.
Yeah, really. All those trap tapes where he's using the Jigsaw voice synthesizer to "give them a choice". How did he even know in advance that all of those traps would be used? Also--he engineered them all himself? While sick? I work around engineers--inspect their work. This stuff takes time and takes TEAMS of people when working with metal. It takes a LOT out of you...and a sick man had the energy to design them all? Makes no sense.
I heard that, supposedly, John Kramer's grave is dug up in the new movie. What--are they going to pull the old "he was never dead" thing? I don't see how--his AUTOPSY was shown in the beginning of the fourth movie.

The truth is in here
Hahaha, the "villain never died" twist is the most common trope in horror franchises ever. Jason "died" in almost every movie in the Friday The 13th franchise. Even when he absolutely and DEFINITELY must have died in part IV... guess what? RISES FROM THE GRAVE! He gets killed again... OR DOES HE??????

It's the kind of thing that is both very irritating and hilarious at the same time.

Hahaha, the "villain never died" twist is the most common trope in horror franchises ever. Jason "died" in almost every movie in the Friday The 13th franchise. Even when he absolutely and DEFINITELY must have died in part IV... guess what? RISES FROM THE GRAVE! He gets killed again... OR DOES HE??????

It's the kind of thing that is both very irritating and hilarious at the same time.
I wonder if they're seriously going to do that to Kramer. How the hell would they even explain that?

Then again--maybe they figured it would be less ridiculous to bring him back to life rather than continuing to try to make us believe that he somehow made all this up in advance.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Whatever they do will be ridiculous. The fact that they turned Carey Elwes evil in the last one was ridiculous. I guess they'll be following his character now?

The truth is in here
Then again--maybe they figured it would be less ridiculous to bring him back to life rather than continuing to try to make us believe that he somehow made all this up in advance.
This might sound silly, but the only plausible way to bring him back (and I'm really fighting with the word "plausible" here) is to make him a ghost.

"BOO! You snooze, you lose!"

"BOO! You lose again, BOOzehound!"

"BOO! You've got to fish this key out of the loo..."

This might sound silly, but the only plausible way to bring him back (and I'm really fighting with the word "plausible" here) is to make him a ghost.

"BOO! You snooze, you lose!"

"BOO! You lose again, BOOzehound!"

"BOO! You've got to fish this key out of the loo..."
HA!!! I like that! Jigsaw ghost possessing his traps to make them start up because the machinery is too old. "I am truly the ghost in the machine! Live or die! Make your choice!"

I'm a huge fan of the Saw franchise, while the first Saw movie was undoubtedly the best of the series I enjoyed them all and am looking forward to seeing the newest addition to this killer franchise.

I personally would like to see Mark Hoffman escape from the bathroom and have him and Lawrence Gordan duke it out for the right to carry on the Saw Legacy.