It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Tools    

I didn't care for the season premiere, but I've noticed lately the premieres and finales haven't been very good for the past 3 yrs. Did anyone see it? Anyone watching it? (it's on FXX on Thursday nights).
I skipped the Premiere because it was a Musical Episode and i could see that not working now; Nightman The Musical is one of the best episodes though and this may be the funniest clip since It's Always Sunny isn't good condensed into clips:

Watched episode 2 and 3.

Two; The water park one was surprisingly boring; Frank pretending he had aids to get him and Charlie to the head of the cue is already a pretty boring joke when you remember that characters have already done exactly that with both aids and cancer before, but they even attempt to do anything else with it other than Aids water at the end which was obviously coming and didn't really work. It was funny seeing Danny Devito go down that slide though since he is so small and he really did go down it. Mac and Dee's subplot i don't understand at all; i mean i can't think of a single thing that was honestly supposed to be funny there: kids peeing on them lol. Yeah, terrible subplot imo. I liked Dennis and the kids though. It was obviously going to end with her robbing Dennis, there was some laughs and i thought they had good chemistry despite the fact that it would've made much more sense as a Mac or Charlie plot since Dennis even though he's not in a better position than them, looks down upon stuff like stealing usually. It was an alright episode just surprisingly boring for what it was.

Old Lady House: A Situation Comedy was pretty hysterical at times then at times it just wasn't at all. I loved the concept and for the most part i think they pulled it off; the best thing was definitely the idea that Charlie's mom was the star and how dramatic she acted because she is always like that anyway. It just ended up too cluttered which was clearly deliberate though; with Dee, pedo-uncle, Frank, Mac, etc, getting involved it just got a bit boring at the end. And there's never been a funny Mac's Mum joke i don't think. There's been some hilarious Charlie's Mom ones like when she reveals her OCD steps to prevent his death and Charlie instantly takes them up out of fear; i know one of the jokes in the episode which it blatantly tells you is that Mac's mom is one-note but when a good portion of the episode is devoted to Mac's mom jokes i couldn't care less that they are telling me they realize these aren't funny; i'd rather they make funny jokes than go super meta and think i'll find the idea that they realize i don't find it funny funny haha.

Latest PtsDee episode was hands down the best of this subpar season. It's been a while since we got Charlie&Dennis pairing and their dynamics was hilarious. Same goes for Frank&Mac. I was litterally laughing out loud throughout the whole episode. Plus I got a strong Oldboy vibe at the end.

Rating: 9.5/10

This season is the best yet. It has been an absolute hoot. I can't believe people are calling it subpar?

Frank's Vaginal aids and the who owns the lottery ticket were 2 of the best ever. Awesome stuff.

This season is the best yet. It has been an absolute hoot. I can't believe people are calling it subpar?

Frank's Vaginal aids and the who owns the lottery ticket were 2 of the best ever. Awesome stuff.
This season has been a hit or miss for me so far. The episodes I quite liked were : The Gang Goes to a Waterpark, Hero or a Hate Crime and PTSdee.

Old Lady - Situational comedy and The Gang Turns Black had an interesting concept, but weren't really executed that well imo and I wasn't really a fan of Wolf Cola episode as I felt they rehashed too many old jokes. Making Dennis a Murdere was an average episode to me.

This season has been a hit or miss for me so far. The episodes I quite liked were : The Gang Goes to a Waterpark, Hero or a Hate Crime and PTSdee.

Old Lady - Situational comedy and The Gang Turns Black had an interesting concept, but weren't really executed that well imo and I wasn't really a fan of Wolf Cola episode as I felt they rehashed too many old jokes. Making Dennis a Murdere was an average episode to me.

See I loved Making Dennis a murderer. When Frank left in the taxi then came straight back to eat the food I guffawed. The only epsiode that was below par was the Old Lady one. The rest have been right up there for me. Some of the things they are getting away with in this season are hilarious.

Still only seen three episodes, i'm shocked it's your favourite from what i've seen though. I don't think any of those ones were great or even very good personally.

Yesterday's episode was the best of the season -- long awaited for, and not just for quality, but for the theme
The last episode was great indeed. I loved how a heart-warming moment with Dennis and Mac at the end was interupted with Frank's "Let's go get this worm out of my ass" line. This made me laugh uncontrollably.

Also "gay Mac" might be even more awesome than "fat Mac".

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The last episode was great indeed. I loved how a heart-warming moment with Dennis and Mac at the end was interupted with Frank's "Let's go get this worm out of my ass" line. This made me laugh uncontrollably.

Also "gay Mac" might be even more awesome than "fat Mac".
If I had one critique, it would be the crass stuff... I've noticed the last 4 seasons that the premieres and finales are bad, but the middle stuff is the best... Do you remember the first episode of Season 8 - the beer drinking on the airplane record?

Going to watch the latest episode now since you guys are saying it's good. I'll post about it here. Only seen The Gang Goes To A Water Park, Old Lady House: A Situation Comedy and Wolf Cola: A Public Relations Nightmare so far.

Going to watch the latest episode now since you guys are saying it's good. I'll post about it here. Only seen The Gang Goes To A Water Park, Old Lady House: A Situation Comedy and Wolf Cola: A Public Relations Nightmare so far.
Good episode.

I think It's Always Sunny sometimes takes it's running jokes a bit far into not funny just weird territory, but the Frank and Charlie are basically a couple ones here actually really worked. Loved how Charlie was jealous of it and that Frank had named it and wasn't the least bit concerned about it plus Dennis' "It's an intestinal parasite incapable of complex thought." line cracked me up. The new funny Dee joke was awesome too; Dee coming in dancing thinking they were chanting for her even though that would obviously never happen then the exact thing working for Mac was hilarious. Loved new Dee forcing herself into the conversation all the time, it was clearly more meta-jokes that often annoy me on this show now but it worked. It was really jarring every time (delibarately of course) it happened but in a good way since everyone else in the bar usually are basically props that you barely notice. My favourite thing in this episode might be the misunderstanding that Charlie said he was "crabby" instead of "flabby" and not crabby as in he was in bad moods but that he smelled of crabs because he had been eating sewer crabs which Charlie loved . There's something amazing about that being an actual touching moment in its own twisted way when you consider what it was about which was amazing. Charlie's song how much he missed every obvious part was the best too. Dennis trying to keep everyone in check and run the bar properly was an interesting avenue to go down, it reminded me of Season 1 Dennis who was always a bit more responsible than the rest who was rarely as dumb as them before he became just as nuts. His big ending again was actually touching in a twisted It's Always Sunny way.

My only problem with this episode and it's not just with this one more with the show in general now, i don't know if anyone agrees is that i can see some of the jokes coming too often now. Not surprising since it's a 12 Season long show and even though it doesn't have much character development each one of the gangs have well defined traits, etc, that means you can often tell what's going to happen. There weren't too many in this episode but the one that brought this to mind was after Mac, Frank and Charlie annoyed Dennis; Dee comes over for a seemingly normal order of two whiskeys and i just knew instantly that they would be for her. I still love the show and i'll watch it until it ends but that's a big thing that makes it not one of my favourite shows on tv anymore. Regardless it's still in my top ten overall.

Watched the Dennis is a Murderer episode, mostly hated it. Great concept, decent execution as in the way the episode was pieced together was pretty good but i found most of it unfunny and just wanted to turn it off from the start pretty much. I laughed at Franks phonecall getting turned around on him, and Dennis and Mac dramatically turning to the camera for no reason; that was about it though. Liked the ending at least.

I'm still not sure on how to feel about the season finale, but they sure left us with a quite of cliffhanger...

I've been slowing getting into the series, my friends essentially look to it as their bible, so I had to see what the commotion was about. And, well, yeah, it's really funny. I think I stopped in the middle of season 5 last time I put it on hold, but I'll definitely pick it back up sooner, or later. I've watched a few of the later episodes with friends, and they seem really funny as well, it doesn't seem like it's run out of steam. Dennis and Dee Go on Welfare, and the Mac and Charlie Die episodes are probably my favorites so far, with season 4 probably being the most consistently great.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I'm still not sure on how to feel about the season finale, but they sure left us with a quite of cliffhanger...
THAT was the season finale? When do they start back up?