New "Raid" film finds director in Joe Carnahan, discuss.

Tools    

Please hold your applause till after the me.
A new Raid film has found it's director, Joe Carnahan, director of The Grey (yay), The A-Team (less yay), and Smokin Aces (no yay), what do you guys think.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Isn't it Gareth Evans the director?
He directed the original film and its sequel but will be serving as a producer on this remake along with both Carnahan and Frank Grillo. Evans gave his blessing on the new film.

They are even suggesting using Caracas, Venezuela as the location for the new film.

For a moment i was thinking he makes the third film. Don't care, might watch it 5 years after it was made in rainy day.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I am so lost on this. Why not just make the Raid III? There should be a ten-year moratorium on remakes / reboots.

I am so lost on this. Why not just make the Raid III? There should be a ten-year moratorium on remakes / reboots.
Evans will probably make that.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Evans will probably make that.
Heard that it is in development, but the Raid remake idea has been around since The Raid 2 came out. Originally Patrick Hughes was going to direct with Brad Inglesby writing a script that had virtually nothing to do with the original film...then it all went to Hell....until now.

A Bollywood film called Baaghi took a similar premise for its final 20 minute fight scene involving Tiger Shroff taking on the main boss's henchmen before facing him in a one on one showdown. A Bollywood producer who got the rights to remake the Raid as well sued Baaghi's producers but lost.

I just bought the first two movies at Best Buy yesterday (8 bucks a piece). Hope they're good!

if I had it my way i'd say "no......don't remake The Raid" with Carnahan, I feel like it's in safe hands, only concern is Frank Grillo, not because I think he's a bad actor, but because he doesn't feel like he'd mesh as the lead, maybe the older corrupt cop, but the lead less so.

I just bought the first two movies at Best Buy yesterday (8 bucks a piece). Hope they're good!
you could have just waited, since they're re-releasing those two films on the 28th in a 13 dollar boxset.

The truth is in here
The Raid only came out 6 years ago! Jesus, if this isn't ridiculous...

Not to say the original one is a masterpiece (amazing action scenes, but poor writing in parts), but I don't see the meaning of this. The fact that there's a new film in the series getting made anyway makes this even more pointless...