250 Of Camo's Favourites

→ in
Tools    

I'll ignore the hate part what have you seen already?
The Shawsh*t Redemption, directed by Poop Terrible Awful

His Girl Friday (Howard Hawks, 1940)...One of my favs, I like it much, much better than Bringing up Baby. I blame Kate Hepburn.

A Place In The Sun (George Stevens, 1951)
Ex Machina (Alex Garland, 2015)
A Streetcar Named Desire (Elia Kazan, 1951)
Differently solid films there!

Network (Sidney Lumet, 1976)...I have let to see this one.

Hated Punch Drunk and Master. Liked Magnolia and TWBB
Those are his best four to me, want to see both Inherent Vice and Boogie Nights again. Think you'd like Hard Eight, could be wrong though.

@Citizen Rules Surprised you haven't seen Network, got a feeling you'd like it.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
solid movie lists. FAR Too many since my last visit to comment and mention ENOUGH of the ones I love but,

with PTA I did enjoy Inherent Vice

solid movie lists. FAR Too many since my last visit to comment and mention ENOUGH of the ones I love but,

with PTA I did enjoy Inherent Vice
Really have to see it again, i liked it but i think i could alot more. Also really want to see Junun his first documentary.

Eraserhead is my favorite from the last few sets. One of the weirdest, most nightmarish, psychologically disturbing films I've seen. No matter how many times I watch it, that baby still freaks me the f*ck out. I also love Before Midnight, Dead Man, A Streetcar Named Desire and His Girl Friday (that rapid-fire dialogue is amazing). Inside Llewyn Davis is probably a top-five Coen Brothers for me and one of the better films this decade. Ex Machina had me reading about artificial intelligence and technological singularities for weeks. Great, intelligent science-fiction. I've only seen Welcome to the Dollhouse once, but I liked it a lot. I second the Happiness recommendations. Todd Solondz squeezes laughs out of the most taboo subjects.

I like, don't love Back to the Future, Network, Halloween, Bringing Up Baby and Videodrome (although some of those are due re-watches). I thought the first three-fourths of A Place in the Sun was great, but I didn't care for the last act involving the trial. Wes Anderson's films are generally too quirky for my tastes, but his sensibilities didn't annoy me as much in animated form, so I enjoyed Fantastic Mr. Fox more than any of his other work. I recognize that Manhattan is a good film, but I didn't care much for it personally. Woody Allen tends to be more miss than hit with me.

Haven't seen Dersu Uzala, My Cousin Vinny, Dear Zachary, Shoah, Carol, Hud, Le Samourai, Hoop Dreams or Show Me Love, but all except for the latter are already on my watchlist and I expect to love most of them.

Don't blame you for not wanting to watch Show Me Love. I'm amazed i didn't despise it with all the teen angst, for whatever reason it worked alot for me though.

201, Mommy (Xavier Dolan, 2014)

202. Anomalisa (Charlie Kauffman and Duke Johnson, 2015)

203. The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (Sergio Leone, 1966)

204. Reservoir Dogs (Quentin Tarantino, 1992)

205. Red Road (Andrea Arnold, 2006)

Reservoir Dogs is my favorite Tarantino and Mommy my most recent favorite.

I'm not in love with The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly anymore, but I still think it's a terrific film.

Haven't seen the other two!

Reservoir Dogs is my favorite Tarantino and Mommy my most recent favorite.

I'm not in love with The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly anymore, but I still think it's a terrific film.

Haven't seen the other two!
Don't think i completely love the Dollars Trilogy anymore either, but they are important films for me and they are still very entertaining. Reservoir Dogs is both my favourite and the only Tarantino i completely love and that will make this list.

Red Road is from Andrea Arnold who made American Honey so you could like it. It isn't really similar to American Honey though, it's partially set in Glasgow.

Also that's Liam from Sweet Sixteen in that picture from it.