'Haven't seen' confessional

Tools    

Well if you go into a film with a biased opinion of course you will hate it. I used to do the same. I go in to every movie neutral now.
I went into Hedwig with the biased opinion that I was gonna hate it. Obviously I was wrong.

@Dani8 You should watch Hedwig and the Angry Inch if you haven't seen it. It's not a traditional musical. It's about a transsexual rock singer. Pretty much all of the singing happens during performances with her band or while she is writing/practicing her songs. Nobody breaks out into spontaneous song and dance in the middle of a conversation. And it's funny as hell.

Legend in my own mind
You are the same age I was when I came here. I say I was in the same boat. Loved movies, watched a ton but was very focused on current movies and the genres I love the most. Mofo has branched me out a lot. Especially in foreign language films. I hadn't seen more than a handful before coming here. I had seen Psycho though, I mean, I'm not a freak.

Then I hope it will do the same for me. Seen a fair few foreign language films.

Just older films that were made before I was born I seem to have missed.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I didn't hate it. Hate is a wasted energy. And I was looking forward to it because a friend whose taste I like recommended it and the trailer looked fun.
This was aimed at another Mofo.

Well if you go into a film with a biased opinion of course you will hate it. I used to do the same. I go in to every movie neutral now.
I agree. It is hard not to bring some bias of course. If you go in looking for the flaws you find in that genre, you will find them and hate the movie.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I went into Hedwig with the biased opinion that I was gonna hate it. Obviously I was wrong.

@Dani8 You should watch Hedwig and the Angry Inch if you haven't seen it. It's not a traditional musical. It's about a transsexual rock singer. Pretty much all of the singing happens during performances with her band or while she is writing/practicing her songs. Nobody breaks out into spontaneous song and dance in the middle of a conversation. And it's funny as hell.
I had never heard of that. If it doesnt use song for dialogue I'm fine with a movie showcasing singers and music. It's the sudden warbling and dance routines to tell the story.
Strangely enough, I like the song and dance numbers in Bollywood movies.

I stopped watching at that point then went back for another go. I actually ended up really liking it. Don't think I will rewatch any time soon, though.
Well there's more to my disinterest in it than just its genre. I'm really not a fan of Ryan Gosling.

I think it's essential. It's extremely relevant all the time.
Very true, however I don't know Sarge's taste and it could be difficult to watch one room with 12 people. I just think for some films you have be in a certain state of mind, it's like you shouldn't watch 12 angry men coming tired from work or expecting to cheer you up.

I was thinking of watching La La Land tonight. Keep talking peeps, maybe you will talk me one way or another
I think you are going to like it. You should watch before Oscar chat and handing in your mofie noms. Break your theater streak for it. If you do I will let you pick my next three watches.

I was thinking of watching La La Land tonight. Keep talking peeps, maybe you will talk me one way or another
I think it's worth a squizz, Rules. I don't think it deserved so many oscar noms but hell, I'm not on the panel so not up to me.

This might just do nobody any good.
I still haven't seen either Moonlight or Manchester. Or The Handmaiden.

I'll watch La La Land this weekend. Manchester by the Sea it's my favorite best picture nominated so far. I hated Moonlight
What did you hate about Moonlight? Mostly it gets good reviews. I haven't seen it.

I had never heard of that. If it doesnt use song for dialogue I'm fine with a movie showcasing singers and music. It's the sudden warbling and dance routines to tell the story.
Yeah, that's what turns me off of most musicals too. But no songs in place of dialogue in Hedwig.

I've never really watched a Bollywood movie. I've seen bits and pieces while eating at Indian restaurants. They look pretty, but I doubt I'd enjoy them.

I got into bollywood on overnight coaches in India. You don't really have any say in the matter. They always contain violence so you know if a song is annoying you still get a pay off.

“I was cured, all right!”
What did you hate about Moonlight? Mostly it gets good reviews. I haven't seen it.
I can't say without spoil the movie. But there's movies out there that there's much in common with Moonlight...