'Haven't seen' confessional

Tools    

Kind of. I watch films ultimately because I want to watch them, but I am aware that there are so many films that I haven't seen.

As someone who loves films I feel embarrassed that I haven't seen some of the highest rated films. Some of them simply don't appeal to me. I wanted to 'confess' to some of these and gauge peoples reactions, which may motivate me to watch some of them ultimately enriching my life.
How old are you Sarge? It does take years to watch a lot of the greats. So if you are just getting into movies, it's to be expected you haven't had the time to watch a lot of them.

I pretty much love all the films you've listed and do want to see them again every 2 years.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Might I remind you how extreme of a minority you are in with that category. You must watch Oz Dani!

I just cannot. It's the genre. First musical I have seen in years is LLL and that took a few attempts. I don't know why this is, Raul.

Legend in my own mind
How old are you Sarge? It does take years to watch a lot of the greats. So if you are just getting into movies, it's to be expected you haven't had the time to watch a lot of them.
Am 37. Been watching films all of my life but kind of just watch current films. So growing up I watched all of the 80s films, as a teenager the 90s films etc. Didn't watch any film made before 1975 until the last 10 years or so.

Some of them I just haven't got around to.

This might just do nobody any good.
Here goes a short version:

Citizen Kane
Fantasia
The Maltese Falcon
Rebecca
The Treasure of Sierra Madre
Sweet Smell of Success
Touch of Evil
The Searchers
Rashomon
Rear Window
Vertigo
The Night of the Hunter
Rio Bravo
Strangers on a Train
The Band Wagon
Stalag 17
The Dirty Dozen
Help!
La Dolce Vita
The Sound of Music
In Cold Blood
The Wild Bunch
The Birds
Breathless
8 1/2
Yojimbo
Straw Dogs
Gimme Shelter
Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid
The Last Picture Show
A Woman Under the Influence
The Long Goodbye
Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore
Aguirre, The Wrath of God
The Killing of a Chinese Bookie
Koyaanisqatsi
Tampopo
Fitzcarraldo
Ran
Fanny & Alexander
The Player
Before Sunrise
Chunking Express
My Own Private Idaho
Exotica
Once
Before Sunset
The Headless Woman
Before Midnight
Certified Copy
Beasts of the Southern Wild

I suck.

I just cannot. It's the genre. First musical I have seen in years is LLL and that took a few attempts. I don't know why this is, Raul.
Because musicals are awful. Except Hedwig.

Hedwig is amazing.

Legend in my own mind
Here goes a short version:

Citizen Kane
Fantasia
The Maltese Falcon
Rebecca
The Treasure of Sierra Madre
Sweet Smell of Success
Touch of Evil
The Searchers
Rashomon
Rear Window
Vertigo
The Night of the Hunter
Rio Bravo
Strangers on a Train
The Band Wagon
Stalag 17
The Dirty Dozen
Help!
La Dolce Vita
The Sound of Music
In Cold Blood
The Wild Bunch
The Birds
Breathless
8 1/2
Yojimbo
Straw Dogs
Gimme Shelter
Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid
The Last Picture Show
A Woman Under the Influence
The Long Goodbye
Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore
Aguirre, The Wrath of God
The Killing of a Chinese Bookie
Koyaanisqatsi
Tampopo
Fitzcarraldo
Ran
Fanny & Alexander
The Player
Before Sunrise
Chunking Express
My Own Private Idaho
Exotica
Once
Before Sunset
The Headless Woman
Before Midnight
Certified Copy
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Thank you Saunch. Hey everybody, look at all of these films that Saunch hasn't seen.

12 angry might be heavy for someone, not sure how you like court room dramas
I think it's essential. It's extremely relevant all the time.

Musicals named Wizard of Oz and La La Land are awesome.
Musicals named The Wizard of Oz are terrible. I haven't seen La La Land but, just going by how much you and Funny Face have raved about it, I'm quite certain that it is awful too.

Because musicals are awful. Except Hedwig.

Hedwig is amazing.
Those two opening numbers in LLL combined with the traffic jam and Ryan Gosling's horrible character made me homicidal. I don't like a genre that makes me want to go all road ragey.

Am 37. Been watching films all of my life but kind of just watch current films. So growing up I watched all of the 80s films, as a teenager the 90s films etc. Didn't watch any film made before 1975 until the last 10 years or so.

Some of them I just haven't got around to.
You are the same age I was when I came here. I say I was in the same boat. Loved movies, watched a ton but was very focused on current movies and the genres I love the most. Mofo has branched me out a lot. Especially in foreign language films. I hadn't seen more than a handful before coming here. I had seen Psycho though, I mean, I'm not a freak.

Those two opening numbers in LLL combined with the traffic jam and Ryan Gosling's horrible character made me homicidal. I don't like a genre that makes me want to go all road ragey.
Now I'm even more certain that La La Land is awful.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Well if you go into a film with a biased opinion of course you will hate it. I used to do the same. I go in to every movie neutral now.

Now I'm even more certain that La La Land is awful.
I stopped watching at that point then went back for another go. I actually ended up really liking it. Don't think I will rewatch any time soon, though.

I loved La La Land.

It's white as hell, but I loved it.

Well if you go into a film with a biased opinion of course you will hate it. I used to do the same. I go in to every movie neutral now.
I didn't hate it. Hate is a wasted energy. And I was looking forward to it because a friend whose taste I like recommended it and the trailer looked fun.