The Predator (another sequel)

Tools    

Also, I'd like to say, I'm truly looking forward to this. In fact, I was enthrilled when I saw the thread for the first time. Because, although they did leave a hint of a sequel in Requiem.. No, wait, Predators is after that, right? Well, even more so, then, because they didn't leave a hint? And I was even afraid that might be the end of it.

Technically right now the Predator trilogy is in the same ballpark as the Alien quadrilogy... they aren't tied to the AvP Universe.

AvP is a separate entity.

It'd be fun to see AvP3... but I really don't want them to tie the Alien and Predator movies to the AvP Universe.

Aha!

Shane Black and Fred Dekker aren't the only writers... Jim and Jon Thomas are doing the screenplay. They were behind the original films.

Rumours are... the movie will be based after the first film, but before the second film.

Pencilled release date is June 12th 2017.

Info taken from Predator4-movie.com

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
article

Arnold has made a statement that he will be having lunch with Shane Black to discuss possible involvement.

I know he is old as dirt and stiffer than a pressed shirt with extra starch, but this needs to be.

I don't need or want him as the main protagonist. I just need balance restored to the universe.

February 9, 2018 is the new release date.

Rumors are that Fox is feeling Black's treatment enough to move it into the new preeminent early release window.

Another rumor floating about is that the Rock is being considered for the lead. Citing his history of choosing roles, I would guarantee he accepts if offered.

While not my first choice, I have always seen the Rock as Ahnie's spiritual successor. If he could wipe away all his overreaction acting and deliver a subdued performance, it could be gold.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Shane Black revealed the first cast photo of the team who will be terrorized by the Predator

Ooohh please be good *Olivia Munn*, pleazzzze be guud *Keegan Key*, p!!!!ease *little kid*.

So what about the last Predators movie? Does that exist in this universe?

Aha!

Rumours are... the movie will be based after the first film, but before the second film.

Pencilled release date is June 12th 2017.

Info taken from Predator4-movie.com

I think that is about as definitive an answer as you will get now.

Dear Mr. Black, can we get some people on steroids in this? Male or female works for me.

So what about the last Predators movie? Does that exist in this universe?

Yeah it's still part of the canon. Predator officially has 3 movies, with a 4th on the way.

What isn't canon, is the AvP movies. AvP isn't canon with Alien either.
Predator and Alien are separate universes and always will be.

The cast looks pretty bad, think this is just one unnecessary reboot--think I'll skip it---

nothing comes close to the bleakness, edginess, mysteriousness, atmosphere, musical score and horror of the original "Get to the Choppa"

Apparently this is how Ahnold's meeting with Shane Black and the Predator producers went.

c'est la vie

http://collider.com/the-predator-plo...s-thomas-jane/

"We knew Black co-wrote The Predator with The Monster Squadhelmer Fred Dekker and that the film would acknowledge the events of the original films (making it more of a sequel than a hard reboot), but when it comes to official details, we’ve mostly been in the dark.

Fortunately, star Thomas Jane revealed a treasure trove of new plot information in an interview with Shadow Nation. and the broad strokes of the story seem primed for the perfect quirky ensemble chaos of a Shane Black film (and plenty of opportunity for his sharp-tongued brand of humor).

Jane explained,

“We play these veterans from like Afghanistan, Iraq war or whatever. But we’re all ****ing crazy so we go to the VA hospital to get our meds. We’re all like shellshocked, PTSD…soldiers. We’re at the VA hospital and we’re in group therapy and of course, somebody flips out…this is backstory, I don’t think we really see this…somebody flips out and we all get arrested and get thrown onto the bus to go down to the hospital and they throw this other guy on the bus too.

And he’s a guy they’ve actually marked to kill him because he’s seen a UFO, he’s seen the Predator ships come down so they lock him up and throw him in with us lunatics. They’re going to take that bus, drive it down to a ditch and shoot us all just to get rid of this one guy. But, of course, we take the bus over and we’re all like “**** that man, let’s go kill these ****ing Predators ourselves” and we’re just crazy enough to believe that this guy really did see a UFO and there’s these aliens out there. So that’s kinda cool!”

Jane also seemed to confirm the presence of multiple Predators in the film, telling the outlet:

“[It] has that kind of Shane Black humour. We had a blast. It was funny. You know the Predators, they looked…you know they didn’t **** those up. They’re still Predators and they’re pretty much the same Predator as always. I think it might be great.”"

Ayúdame Dios!

When I was about 10 I had a dream I was involved in the making of the film Predator 3, we was driving lots of SUVs with filming equipment through a jungle road, I just remember there was lots of problems with the shoot, anyway at some point we was no longer making the movie and the Predator was killing us off one by one through the jungle... the last thing I remember was being chased by the predator when suddenly a lift (elevator) ascended out of the forest floor and the doors pinged open but then pinged shut just as I reached them with the Pred right on my arse.. obviously everybody else managed to get in the lift and I was running in slow motion, absolutely bloody terrifying I tell you.. better than any subsequent Predator film

To sum up the article, "Like Con Air, except it's gonna suck."

Let's just go ahead and throw Stormare in, fully commit.

I'm a big fan of the Predator movies and really looking forward to the new movie directed by Shane Black.

This might just do nobody any good.
Con Air with a predator sounds amazing, regardless of quality.

Hopefully Jake Busey gets to remind everyone that he’s “a ****ing alien!”