Man with a Plan

Tools    

Matt LeBlanc (Friends) returned to network television last night as a contractor who has to become Mr. Mom when his wife (Liza Snyder) decides to return to work. I have to admit I had difficulty erasing the womanizing stud Joey Tribiani from my head as I watched LeBlanc actually playing a dad, but I was aided by the fact that LeBlanc has allowed himself to age naturally, but the salt and pepper hair and the tiny pooch really looked good on him. LeBlanc showed last night that he has the ability to carry a sitcom, despite his last network disaster (Joey). What really surprised me about LeBlanc during this pilot was that some of the funniest moments he had onscreen had nothing to do with dialogue...he displayed sharp timing and took time to let certain bits play out, he was a pleasure to watch. Whether or not this show will find an audience with the extremely weak Kevin Can Wait as a lead-in, only time will tell, but if the writing could be a little edgier, I could absolutely see this going a full season...as long as it's on, I'll be watching.

Episode 6 was another winner...I'm really liking the way Matt LeBlanc and Liza Snyder are gelling a s a TV couple...these two really work well together.

Episode 10 was hysterical...Kevin Nealon's character is another one of those TV husbands whose wife keeps his balls in a mason jar and he doesn't even know it.

I'm torn on the show. Certainly not the worst thing on TV this season, but it's just not...clicking.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
This will be cancelled. Mark my words!!!!

Suspect's Reviews

If this was going to be cancelled, it would have been cancelled already...I see a second season coming already.
What DID get canceled that the Judd Hirch donut show is on?

I don't know which was funnier on ep 14, Matt threatening to bury his daughter's new boyfriend in a hole, or Kevin Nealon destroying his wife's plate collection.

Loved ep 15...Stacy Keach and Swoosie Kurtz were hysterical as Adam's parents...totally tickled by the fact that they can't stand Don's wife (Kali Rocha).