Movie Tab

Tools    

Here's the basic one-line synopsis of Over the Top: Stallone stars as a truck-driving arm wrestler who bonds with his estranged military academy brat of a son en route to the championship. Now you may ask, is it the championship for truck driving or arm wrestling, but what possible difference could it make?

Over the Top is one of the all-time worst of the worst movies ever made. Not even enjoyable in a so-bad-it's-good kind of way, it's just so bad that it's bad.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

crazed out movie freak
dude i hate u i like that movie

crazed out movie freak
your just jealous because u couldn"t be arm tied with stallone

Yeah, I saw it. I don't hate it as much as most of my movie buddies do, but it certainly isn't a fave of mine.

I'll say this for it--it was the only movie with the guts to explore the paternal issues that plagued so many truck-driving arm-wrestlers in the late Eighties. Stallone has always had his fingertip arrowed in on the pulse of society.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Yeah, and we'd all wish he'd take that finger and put it somewhere else.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

crazed out movie freak
you guys are brutal man

i watched 3 seasons of Sex and the City, drunk, last night. let me tell you, that is a funny show.

Originally posted by Steve
i watched 3 seasons of Sex and the City, drunk, last night. let me tell you, that is a funny show.
It was funny because you were drunk, or even if you're sober, it's still a funny show?

crazed out movie freak
just got done watching bezazzald. i think thats how u spell it anyway.

Inherit the Wind (third time, I think)
I like it quite a bit. "The Bible is a book. It's a good book, but it's not the only book."

crazed out movie freak
just got done watchin Can't Hardly Wait. Well atleast part of it. Man that movie is sappy, but funny at the same time

The Mask of Zorro
"Do you know how to use that thing?"
"Yes, the pointy end goes into the other man"

Seen it before, but doesn't do anything for me anymore. The only thing saving this movie was Sir Anthony Hopkins.

Whad'you know?
SE7EN

John Doe's speech in the car seemed to get to me a lot more this time (second).

It left me feeling angry, to put it plainly - like, sadly, his crimes were justified.

Well, I don't think they were...but yes, the writing in that scene was unreal. His character was still, in my mind, a monster...but not so much crazy, as misguided. He spoke the truth for the most part, but it didn't justify his actions. Excellent flick either way, though.