MoFo Fantasy Football 2014 - The Playoffs

Tools    

The margin is 1.84, and there's a decent chance this was Oakland's last possession, so that could be the number. If it holds, I'll sleep a lot easier tonight.

The Hired Goons are still alive! I have just received word that D Thomas scored only 2.10 points a couple weeks ago! Will there be a MoFo Christmas miracle in store tomorrow? Stay tuned.

As for my prediction,

DEMARYIUS THOMAS 2 REC, 10 YARDS

FINAL SCORE:

HIRED GOONS 102.16, 11 ANGRY MEN 102.02

The celebration will continue immediately afterwards featuring All-Star TE Mychal Rivera from the Oakland Raiders! Take it away, Mychal!

A system of cells interlinked
I am here to lament...

After being rock solid for me all season long, my Colts decided to be on the WORST TEAM EVER the week of the fantasy super bowl. Luck was abysmal, TY Hilton didn't play, forcing me to use a bum for a sub, and those two slots doing basically nothing has me crying in my pillow. I need Julius Thomas to score multiple TDs to have chance tonight.

Guess I better dust off the spot for my new Silver. Oh well!

Ah, sorry to hear that, Mike. Bummer on Luck in particular.

Anyway, I'm resisting the urge to setup a Google Alert for Thomas. This is almost certainly all a formality, but I'm too naturally nervous to celebrate yet, as I always do when I win a fantasy sports championship (by grabbing a drink and blaring "We Are the Champions," but replacing "We" with "Me," because glory is more important than grammar).

T-minus 9 hours. Probably.

11 Angry Men: 2014 MoFo Bowl VII Champions. Congratulations Chris on the incredible season finishing with 11 consecutive wins and assembling a great lineup once again. You're always a great competitor, and fun to compete with. Pretty close final game, I'll be back for more next season.

Whew! Demaryius made me wait until the 3rd quarter before I could finally exhale.

But I didn't even have a speech prepared! *reaches into pocket and pulls out neatly folded piece of paper*

My thanks to everyone for another great, fun, competitive year. As always, the people here put more effort and thought into their teams than you'll see in most pay leagues. Having the same people year over year has helped build up a history, and I think it shows in the dedication everyone has for their teams. I value these championships as much as any other, even those with more tangible prizes, because they're legitimately hard to win.

My thanks to Badger for sweating it out with me in this thread and for being such a great opponent. You put together an excellent team that got really scary around the end of the year, and it turned what I'd hoped would be an easy coasting in the playoffs into an incredibly tense, exciting matchup.

All done with being nice? Great. TIME TO CASH IN THE BRAGGING RIGHTS.

BEHOLD.
  • 13-2.
  • New scoring record.
  • New consecutive wins record.
  • Most weeks as the top scorer.
And I think most or all of these marks could stand for a long time.

I started 2-2 and then didn't lose for three months. Three freakin' months! It was warm out the last time I lost. Democrats controlled the Senate the last time I lost. And I scored 120 points that week.

That's 5 MoFo Bowl appearances and 3 MoFo Bowl victories in 7 years.

I realize this is really setting someone up to post the GIF where Hulk smashes him into the ground, but screw it, I don't care.

Congrats Yoda. Don't know if I have ever been part of a league where a team had such a dominant year. Time to start thinking about baseball.

A system of cells interlinked
Good work, Yoda! Another nice victory. I snagged a silver trophy myself, as expected. I set a league record with 100 TDs, as well as the longest victory streak at 6 wins in a row. not in this league, of course! I did some crashing and some burning, here.

Good job Chris,

but some bad news is you wont repeat as Champion next year I have figured the perfect strategy now I won the Jungle, upsetting Rays Raze, and then beating Badger. Next year though Ill be playing in only one league. This one.

The trophy will be mine.

Merry Christmas my brothers and sisters.