Changing your mind about a movie.

Tools    

Put me in your pocket...
Sometimes our tastes change. Have you ever seen a movie you didn't care for...watched it years later and think...'what was I thinking? I like like this alot.' And similarly, have you liked a movie at first and years later discover you must have been out of your mind to like it?

I'm fessing up and eating my words on...

French Kiss (1995)
When I first saw this I didn't care for it at all. I might have been in a certain movie watching mode at the time. And, I remember not liking Meg Ryan looking so waify, rumpled and acting whiny..and Kevin Kline's dirty look and sleeziness didn't sit well with me. I couldn't seem to get past it to enjoy the story.

However...I saw this movie again last week and absolutely loved it. Meg no longer looked waify or seemed whiny to me and she was very adorable....also, I was digging Keven Kline's character very much this time. He looks great dirty and was really fun to watch. I really enjoyed the story, the characters, the cast and the writing. There were some great snappy lines. I may even buy the DVD.

Does anyone else want to eat your words? Have you ever changed your mind about a movie?

Ex-Con. Ex-Cop. Explosive
When I first saw Usual Suspects, I went to bed disappointed, because my friends all trumped it up to be awesome possum, and I wasn't sure why... Then I couldn't sleep. I was thinking all night about the movie as things started to click, moments started to reoccur. My the morning I was so pumped I put the movie back in and watched it again.

And again, and again...

I saw The Sandlot when I was younger (spurred my interest in baseball, actually), and thought it was great. Now, I still appreciate it, but mostly in a nostalgic sort of way.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
That would be me and The Scream trilogy... as a child I thought they were AWESOME.... now they're nothing but a generic slasher flick.

Bad Morther****er
For me it has to be The Godfather Part 3.

I was pretty young when I first saw it, and I was probably swayed by what my friends were saying about it. After watching it a couple more times I can totally appeciate it as a movie to itself. I mean if it didn't have to live up to two of the greatest films ever made, I think it would get way more love than it does.
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

In the Beginning...
I loved the movie Krull as a kid, but I watched it again several months ago (after a good twelve years from having seen it last), and it was pretty dull.

Incidentally, I loved Willow as a kid, too...and I still love it.

When i first saw Pulp Fiction, for somer reason i just didn't like it. Maybe my friends has built it up to high, but for some reason i just disliked it. A few months ago i watched it again after loving the kill bill series, and for some reason i really like it now. I guess my tastes hav just changed over the last few years.

So many good movies, so little time.
I remember having trouble getting throught the movie The Third Man. I thought it was slow and boring. I also thought the music was silly. It has gotten better and better with each viewing.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Jackie Brown(1997) - when i first saw this i didnt reall ylike it but i gave it another chance and now i think its great.

Randomly visiting for now
Dragonheart
hey I was going to say that one, how weird is that.

I saw it a few years back and thought it was nothing special but then watched it again on TV yesterday and I really liked it, there's something addictive about watching it.

Also I'd probably say all of Adam Sandler's old comedy movies, they were funny for a while when I was younger cause I could remember all the lines and make my friends laugh, e.g. "you think that's funny clown!". But after a while the jokes sort of get old and the plotline drags after you've seen it once before. I'm not saying that they weren't funny then, but just don't sit right with me now. toodles

When i first saw Menace II society i thought it was great. but after seeing it again recently i really didnt like it that much. Boys N the hood is a million times better

Hackers - When I first saw it I was like, "oh man this is so rad, HACK THE PLANET BITCHES!" but now it kind of sucks. I think a lot of my current feelings has to do with the fact that the last time I watched it I was on shrooms. I think someone was messing with the remote though, she was on shrooms too. I thought the house, okay you got me it was an apartment, was on fire cause I kept seeing smoke out of the corner of my eye. It was just the breeze. Wierd stuff. That movie would probably give me flash backs. Can you get flash backs from shrooms? I doubt it. But you sure can get some crazy visuals. I was a D.A.R.E student.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
Hackers - When I first saw it I was like, "oh man this is so rad, HACK THE PLANET BITCHES!" but now it kind of sucks. I think a lot of my current feelings has to do with the fact that the last time I watched it I was on shrooms. I think someone was messing with the remote though, she was on shrooms too. I thought the house, okay you got me it was an apartment, was on fire cause I kept seeing smoke out of the corner of my eye. It was just the breeze. Wierd stuff. That movie would probably give me flash backs. Can you get flash backs from shrooms? I doubt it. But you sure can get some crazy visuals. I was a D.A.R.E student.
Yeah you can get crazy flash backs from shrooms
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
WTF??? ARe you still on shrooms?
Hackers was good, but not as good as BTTF 1-3!!

Spooky I know completely what you're talking about, I brought in Waterboy to my old school at Christmas once, and enjoyed a brief spell as a God at school becuase I knew all the lines. Now it just isn't funny, probably down to my advancing years. I didn't really enjoy One flew over the cuckoos nest the first time round as the second time round because I wasn't expecting it to be as funny as I found it to be. I kept straying from my drama mindset that I had been told to prepare for the film becuase it was so funny.

Don't tell Robin I'm here!!
I got two off the top of my head.

1)"Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" - Saw it in a movie theater as a little kid and didn't really understand it, got annoyed by Michael Caine's accent, didn't think the blonde chick was anything special, and so on and so forth. For whatever reason, I don't think I even liked Steve Martin the first time around, but I can't swear on that.

Watched it a few months ago and thought it was freakin' hilarious!! Caine was great, Martin killed me, and the chick still wasn't anything special, so at least she's been consistent over the years. I quickly went out and purchased the dvd, and now it sits alongside my favorite 80's comedies.

2)"The Thing" - Saw it on dvd maybe, 2 or 3 years ago, and I wasn't so impressed. I thought it had too many slow parts and a good amount of it confused me to the point where I sorta' stopped paying attention.

A friend recently told me how great they thought it was, and since me and him like pretty much all the same movies, I rented it and watched it again, and I thought it was an awesome, revolutionary movie. I don't know what I was thinking the first time around, considering the fact that it had John Carpenter, Kurt Russell, and some sick-ass special effects, but I'm man enough to admit that I know better now.

I made it, mama, I did it! I'm a changed man! Top of the world!!

Originally Posted by Aniko
Sometimes our tastes change. Have you ever seen a movie you didn't care for...watched it years later and think...'what was I thinking? I like like this alot.' And similarly, have you liked a movie at first and years later discover you must have been out of your mind to like it?

I'm fessing up and eating my words on...

French Kiss (1995)
When I first saw this I didn't care for it at all. I might have been in a certain movie watching mode at the time. And, I remember not liking Meg Ryan looking so waify, rumpled and acting whiny..and Kevin Kline's dirty look and sleeziness didn't sit well with me. I couldn't seem to get past it to enjoy the story.

However...I saw this movie again last week and absolutely loved it. Meg no longer looked waify or seemed whiny to me and she was very adorable....also, I was digging Keven Kline's character very much this time. He looks great dirty and was really fun to watch. I really enjoyed the story, the characters, the cast and the writing. There were some great snappy lines. I may even buy the DVD.

Does anyone else want to eat your words? Have you ever changed your mind about a movie?

Oddly enough, I couldn't stand French Kiss either the first time I tried to watch it... but I saw it again not too long ago and liked it a lot.

Another one would be Underworld... the directors cut is much better then the theatrical release...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)