NHL 2012-2013 Season

Tools    

True dat. We've just seemed immensely cocky and entitled, like the Isles were just gonna roll over. If we get out of this series hopefully we'll take a perceived tougher opponent more seriously and step up our game.

Also, Vokoun should start game 5. Flower has been shocking (read: usual playoff self).

A system of cells interlinked

Canucks swept. What do they do now?
Isn't it a wonderful thing? What do they do? Fire everyone.

Still, it says a lot that we think it's a "debacle" that the series is 2-2 and we have the only decisive win. I still think we'll be fine, and I suspect the Islanders just match up particularly well with us (the speed). But we'll see.
Tavares is gonna kick ass for us next year in Sochi. I really hope they don't select Fleury as one of the goalies, seems like a waste of a slot.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I really hope they don't select Fleury as one of the goalies, seems like a waste of a slot.
He's kind of a mystery. #1 overall pick, obviously crazily talented. He used to get a lot of flack for stuff like this, but then we went to the Finals in consecutive years and won the second, thanks in no small part to a diving save in the waning seconds of Game 7. So he's more than capable; just weirdly inconsistent sometimes. If we lose this series it'd be hard not to look at other goal tending solutions long-term, but if we advance I think he gets more opportunities, and I'm fine with that.

For those who don't know, there's a statue of Lemieux in front of the Consol Energy Center of a famous moment where he split two defenders. Obviously, this brought that to mind for a lot of Pens fans.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
In hindsight I think we got the better end of the deal. Sutter has been awesome for us. Great 3rd line center and comfortable playing there too.
As much as I dislike The Pens, I'm glad it worked out. I hate trades like that. He wants to play with his brother, so you make the best deal you can with Carolina.

Glad The Red Wings are taking The Ducks to seven. The Kings can sure use the rest after such a brutal series.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Pens have scored at least 4 goals in every single playoff game so far except one, where they scored 3. Yikes.

Defense still isn't great right now, but the offense looks unstoppable.

What happens if they play The Kings? The last time they gave up more than three goals in a playoff game was April of 2011.

Canucks swept. What do they do now?
Isn't it a wonderful thing? What do they do? Fire everyone.
Yep, I don't think Alain Vigneault deserved to loose his job. The GM should have been canned.

John Tortorella fired. Not surprised.

How does Paul Holmgren still have a job.

Go Red Wings!

Yay! A game 1 win would be a great birthday present. Just sayin', Pens.

I'd originally wanted to see a Sharks/Pens final (even though I predicted Hawks) but now that's out the window I'd love to see a SC decider between the Pens and Wings.

All I want to say is

GO BRUINS . They won a cup recently, they can do it again!!