Superman: Man of Steel

Tools    

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
Upon watching the trailer I was filled with joy, i'm very excited about the direction this is going in, and Zack Snyder seems more tame with colours than previous efforts. Man Of Steel is most certainly the film I look forward to most next year.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Was that a teaser for Man of Steel or The Tree of Life?

Anyways, interesting that they released two teasers, both are exactly the same visually, but they have different voice overs. One with Kevin Costner, the other with Russell Crowe. I like it.

Suspect's Reviews

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Looking forward to this now, hope it's not like superman returns .

It looks good so far. Man of Steel has a great team working on it, both visually and story wise so I have high hopes. I am also glad they are looking at it like there has never been a Superman movie before, I love the old ones (the first 2 anyway) but I want something new.

I'm aboujt to watch the first two...

... in preparation for it. I'll prob watch the first two once a week from now on in.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I'm aboujt to watch the first two...

... in preparation for it. I'll prob watch the first two once a week from now on in.
That being the case, make sure its the Donner Cut.

Until we lose ourselves we have no hope of finding ourselves
The new superman movie is really going to be a toss up. One on hand, there are so many superhero movies that have been made especially in the last four years. However, Christopher Nolan (Aka Jesus) is producing it so I'm sure it will be out of the ordinary. On the other hand, I am absolutely positive that there is no way, shape or form that Superman could ever measure up to Dark Knight or Dark Knight Rises. So yes, it is a Nolan film and it WILL be amazing. But I can't help but feel like it will fall short of Nolan's other masterpieces

The new superman movie is really going to be a toss up. One on hand, there are so many superhero movies that have been made especially in the last four years. However, Christopher Nolan (Aka Jesus) is producing it so I'm sure it will be out of the ordinary. On the other hand, I am absolutely positive that there is no way, shape or form that Superman could ever measure up to Dark Knight or Dark Knight Rises. So yes, it is a Nolan film and it WILL be amazing. But I can't help but feel like it will fall short of Nolan's other masterpieces

Well, a Zack Snyder film with Nolan producing and writing... and David S Goyer writing the main chunk of the film, including the screenplay.

Snyder has his own visual style and his own style overall. The only thing Nolan really had to do with the direction, is pushing for Snyder to use as many practical effects as possible, instead of going overboard with CGI.

Comparing it to something that's been directed by Nolan is like comaparing which Super Hero is 'better'. Batman, Superman or Spider Man. Or Aquaman.

Man Of Steel has been written by the same guy that wrote Nolan's Batfilms, so I'd expect the story to be just as realistic Universally, and just as well pieced together.
But with Snyder helming the movie... you can't compare it to any of Nolan's movies, especially to Nolan's Batfilms.

I really don't think that Nolan's going to have much influence on this film. I've heard rumours about some of this being shot on IMAX (which is must, imo), but that's about it. Snyder's only made a couple of films I thought were fairly entertaining (Dawn Of The Dead remake and Watchmen), so i'm not that fussed about this. Hopefully it turns out well.

In the Beginning...
I think he's got the chops to do it well, as long as he keeps the style to a minimum. I don't really want to see a Superman film that looks and plays like 300 and Sucker Punch, and even Watchmen to some extent.