Billy Zane!!!!

Tools    

any billy zane fans out there....
if there is.....what are some of your fav movies from him?

Get off my island
Back to the Future

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

I like Billy Zane, sure.

THE Billy Zane movie is Blood & Concrete: a love story (1991). One of the few starring roles for Bill, this low-budget independent follows Joey Turks (Zane), a low-rent small-change grifter who gets involved with a suicidal girl (Jennifer Beals) and unwittingly wrapped up in the dealing of a new synthetic Spanish Fly-type street drug. The great Darren McGavin (A Christmas Story, "Kolchak: The Night Stalker") is a burned-out pissed-off detective looking to bust the mid-level scumbag (Nicholas Worth) trying to distribute this sex in a pill, and he doesn't really care if Joey gets hurt in the crossfire. The incomparable Harry Shearer (This Is Spinal Tap, "The Simpsons", A Mighty Wind) is Joey's mentor, and indie regular James LeGros (Living in Oblivion, Safe) is a love-sick ex-beau of Mona's who can't take a hint. Zane is terrific as the good-looking but incompetent thief in way over his head, but always styling in his jacket and shoes, bumbling toward the goal. Great off-center dark comedy of a crime flick, and Beals' song "One Girl in a Million" is a show-stopper. I own it letterboxed on LaserDisc, and it's one of my very favorite little movies nobody has ever heard of.

JOEY TURKS
(Billy Zane)
I love you.

MONA
(Jennifer Beals)
You've only known me for three days.

JOEY TURKS
Well, I like you then.

Orlando (1992) is the other must-see film in Zane's somewhat limited filmography. In Sally Potter's inventive and smart adaptation of Virginia Woolf's satirical novel, Tilda Swinton's remarkable gender-switching central performance is the showcase, but Zane is excellent and, dare I say, sexy in support, and Quentin Crisp gives what is perhaps the definitive drag portrayal of Queen Elizabeth I. Weird and funny and dense and thought-provoking, there's not much else out there like Orlando.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

as much as i love your input of the worlds greatest b-actor...why would you copy and paste other peoples reviews??

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
I like Billy Zane, sure.

THE Billy Zane movie is Blood & Concrete: a love story (1991). One of the few starring roles for Billy, this low-buget independent follows Joey Turks (Zane), a low-rent small-change grifter who gets involved with a suicidal girl (Jennifer Beals), and unwittingly wrapped up in a drug deal of a new synthetic Spanish Fly type street drug. The great Darren McGavin (A Christmas Story, "Kolchak: The Night Stalker") is a burned-out pissed-off detective looking to bust the mid-level scumbag (Nicholas Worth) trying to distribute this sex in a pill, and he doesn't really care if Joey gets hurt in the crossfire. The incomperable Harry Shearer (This Is Sinal Tap, "The Simpsons", A Mighty Wind) is Joey's mentor, and indie regular James LeGros (Living in Oblivion, Safe) is a love-sick ex-beau of Mona's who can't take a hint. Zane is terrific as the good looking but incompetent thief in way over his head, but always styling in his jacket and shoes, bumbling toward the goal. Great off-center dark comedy of a crime flick, and Beals' song "One Girl in a Million" is a show-stopper. I own it letterboxed on LaserDisc, and it's one of my very favorite little movies nobody has ever heard of.
JOEY TURKS (Billy Zane): I love you.
MONA (Jennifer Beals): You've only known me for three days.
JOEY TURKS: Well, I like you then.

Orlando (1992) is the other must-see film in Zane's somewhat limited filmography. In Sally Potter's inventive and smart adaptation of Virginia Woolf's satirical novel, Tilda Swinton's remarkable gender-switching central performance is the showcase, but Zane is excellent and, dare I say, sexy in support, and Quentin Crisp gives what is perhaps the definitive drag portrayal of Queen Elizabeth I. Weird and funny and dense and thought-provoking, there's not much else out there like Orlando.

Originally Posted by Casanova
as much as i love your input of the worlds greatest b-actor...why would you copy and paste other peoples reviews??
Um, I'm pretty sure he wrote it.

Hey, Casanova, thanks for coming to the party!
Now die like a pig in Hell!

Shake well before opening.
oh yeah, and go see THE PHANTOM if you feel like developing an envy for blind people. That movie deserves to be placed somewhere where no one will ever, ever find it and then we'll shoot the person who hid it.

Originally Posted by Private Joker
oh yeah, and go see THE PHANTOM if you feel like developing an envy for blind people. That movie deserves to be placed somewhere where no one will ever, ever find it and then we'll shoot the person who hid it.
i watched it this morning actually....one of his better movies...

i especially love the line at the end "no one refuses the phantom"

"Irritating little **********, idn't he?" - Warren Oates, in Blue Thunder

Why would you jump to the conclusion that he did? And exactly whose review did he supposedly copy and paste? And how do you know, if it was copied and pasted, that he was not the original author of said work?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

ok i'm sorry, but after looking at alot of the posts in this forum, i have found alot of people using the same font, format, and colours....mabye there copy and pasting stuff from you??

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
What, no apology, Cassy?

That's the last time I actually put time and thought into replying to one of your threads.

There's only one font, and only so many colors.

Anywho.

The other must-see for Billy Zane fans is Dead Calm (1989). Best known as the film that introduced Nicole Kidman to most of the world - including Tom Cruise, it's a nice, compact little Australian thriller from director Phillip Noyce (Rabbit-Proof Fence, The Quiet American), also starring Sam Neill pre-Jurassic Park. Billy plays the psychopath terrorizing Nicole and Sam on the high seas, and he's quite good and very creepy.

ok i'm sorry, but after looking at alot of the posts in this forum, i have found alot of people using the same font, format, and colours....

Including you….

Originally Posted by Private Joker
I like The Phantom.

Obviously its pure pulp and shouldn't be taken seriously. But it was stylish and entertaining -- like Starship Troopers.

Not every book can be literature and not every movie can win an oscar but it is possible for a movie to be good in it's own way.

People chide me for liking Titanic. I admit it, I liked it. I thought Zane was the stand-out in the cast.

Also, I really enjoyed his performance in Memphis Belle.

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Originally Posted by aspen
I like The Phantom.

Obviously its pure pulp and shouldn't be taken seriously. But it was stylish and entertaining -- like Starship Troopers.

Not every book can be literature and not every movie can win an oscar but it is possible for a movie to be good in it's own way.
I completely and totally agree.