Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Quills (Philip Kaufman, 2000)

I quite enjoyed this movie!

Oh, no. Miss Vicky's claimed another victim.

Did they mop this floor with Dr. Pepper?!
I guess she has. hehe

I like period pieces in general, though.

I really like the Brian De Palma film. When does the new one come out?

Finished here. It's been fun.

This is probably the best 2013 film I've seen so far this year. It's an incredibly engaging, beautifully shot,compelling drama. It grips you immediately and never quite lets go. The performances are excellent, and you become lost in the story. It's not a perfect film, and there are some issues. Mostly the final act being a bit so-so. Disregarding that however, this is a very good film and probably the best film of the year that I've seen.I give it
+

Prisoners is very good. Best Jake Gyllenhaal movie since Source Code.

Finished here. It's been fun.
^Hugh Jackman kills it in this movie as well. I've never seen the man give a performance quite like this.

Was Source Code any good? I had been avoiding it.

I liked Source Code !

Great movie. Awesome acting, and I liked the ending. But once again, this movie won't have me thinking for days like my 4.5 rated movies would.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I didn't really like it, but then the sci-fi thriller type movie really has to blow me away for me to like it. This did not.

Yeah I wasn't a real fan of it, sort of reminded me of Deja Vu, great material but went a different direction.

I really liked Source Code- it was pretty cool
I watched Man of Steel the other day- I enjoyed it never really liked Superman and the films BUT this was a film all on its own- you dont need to know anything about him 7/10

Attack The Block. Irreverent Brit scifi at it's best. Aliens crash land on council estate, young youths come across alien and kill it. After which they come to realise that they're smack bang in the middle of an alien invasion and must act as earth's (and more importantly to them) their estate's first/last line of defence.

Think a UK spin on the Goonies meets Mars Attacks and I dare you to give this movie anything less than an 8/10.

I liked Source Code !

Great movie. Awesome acting, and I liked the ending. But once again, this movie won't have me thinking for days like my 4.5 rated movies would.
Scorsese has made at least three, if not four, better movies than Raging Bull imo. A lot of people find it to be his masterpiece though.

I've only seen Taxi Driver, Hugo & this one from him so far, & Raging Bull is my favorite from the 3.

Lord High Filmquisitor
I watched Man of Steel the other day- I enjoyed it never really liked Superman and the films BUT this was a film all on its own- you dont need to know anything about him 7/10
I was surprised how much I liked tat one as well, considering how incredibly boring he is as both a character and a superhero (suffering from what I like to call "Goku Syndrome," where he so obviously overshadows everybody else in terms of power that he ultimately reduces them to glorified cheerleaders). I never thought that i would enjoy a Superman movie so much.

Last night I was shown The Land Before Time III by my girlfriend (because I evidently never had a childhood by never seeing them). It wasn't terrible, couched comfortable between I and II for quality. The songs (and singing) were all terrible and the animation quality really started to slip, but it ultimately worked. 6/10

I was also able to show her The Killer last night, which is one of my favorite action movies. While the action is more than a little over-the-top, the emotional and tragic core of the film is sound, the acting is good and the parallels between the cop and the assassin are top-notch. I give it a high 8.5/10

Dead Mans Shoes - 8/10. One of my favorite British films. It's a classic.

Prisoners - 7/10. I found it a bit boring midway through, but got better as the story unraveled in the last half hour. It's the best Hugh Jackman performance since The Fountain.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Scorsese has made at least three, if not four, better movies than Raging Bull imo. A lot of people find it to be his masterpiece though.
Which ones would you consider his best?