Me too.

Tools    

Questions. Ask them. To me.

I will answer questions on my past, present, future, politics and sexual preference [I like girls].

Knock me out.

If there is anything you really want to actually know about me, not just dumb questions that require dumb answers. If there is anything about me that may be unclear or so on and so forth.

Take aim.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I do have a question, and I do hope it isn't a stupid one, but I gotta know, what is that picture on your avatar of? I can't make it out. (I do need glasses, but I do not have the money....)

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

It is a shot of the main street in Mount Gambier [where I live] taken from the back of a car [while moving]. It is part of some footage I shot for a school production named Smashed which was a sort of issues based school thing with a healthy dosage of something unhealthy. I like the still so much I decided to use it as an avatar [after the avatar with me as an evil Nazi looking blonde began to, well, freak people out...]

If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?

Were you, in fact, BORN cynical? Or did you have an unfortunate run-in with a Priest? Or was it some other natural disaster?

What about you now is fundamentally different from the you of one year ago?

What would have to happen to cause you to leave this site altogether, aside from obvious things like time-consuming offline commitments with work, school, family, or relationships?

1. If Satan offered you world recognition with all of your endeavors, and you only had to give him your paltry little soul, would you do it?

2. You're walking down the beach and you see a guy catching pelicans and cutting of their beaks, what do you do?

3. You're at a party where there is a lot of weed and drink. There is a hot girl that you can't keep your eyes off of, and you can't quit fantasizing about her all night. Later in the evening you and the girl wind up getting together. You start making out and discover just how intoxicated she really is. You go to a bedroom and things get really intense when she starts tounging your ear, she tells you it's her 14th birthday today. What's your reaction?

4. You're walking down the street and in front of you a man in a very expensive suit and Gucci shoes drops a money clip and you can see it's very fat. What do you do?

5. You want to be alone one night and decide to go set on a water tower in an industrial complex. You spy from afar a couple of cars pull in from different directions. You lay flat so they don't see you, and you see them getting out of their cars. It's obviously a magor drug deal going down! There are four or five people around each car and they are all armed. After each car trunk is opened you hear shouting then a gunfight happens. It is easy to see that all parties have been hit. After laying low for a few minutes, you build up the nerve to go investigate. When you reach the cars you see in one trunk two open suitcases full of money, in the other trunk you see a large amount of what appears to be cocaine. All the people are dead but one, and he is too weak to reach the gun laying five feet away from him. What do you do?

6. You're at a bank when a robbery begins. Things go sour when police arrive outside the bank. One of the robbers wants to make a point by killing a hostage and proving to the police that they are very serious about there demands. A gunman picks up a child and decides that would be the victim. Before you can even begin to think about it ,you jump up yelling, "NO!". The gunman says that you can take the childs place if you want to. Do you?

7. One day you are shopping at a convenience store when someone comes in and robs the store. The robber leaves shooting and you get hit in the head. When you wake up you find yourself surrounded by fire, and the Devil himself is looking at you directly. He informs you that you are going into the pit, where you will burn eternally but never die. There is one way out, go back to earth and be a suicide bomber. The location for the bombing is a private school in Columbia for about 400 children aged 6-12. Do you suffer the pit?

8. A loner that lives near you is dying. He's never done anything to be noticed in his life, until nearing the end, he decides to let you in on something. You go to his loft and he shows you over forty manuscripts and screenplays. They are some of the best stories you have ever read. In time he becomes a friend of yours, and when he gets really sick, he gives you his keys and asks if you can check on him from time to time. Then one day you see that he has passed. No one except you knows that he was ever a writer. What do you do with his scripts?

9. Someone asks you to go camping with him and you decide to go. To your surprise he brings along a couple of rifles and wants to go hunting for Dingo's/Coyote's. You say sure, thinking that chances are slim that you'll run into any. But then you do, and he wants you to take the first shot. What do you do?

10. A man with leprosy falls down on the sidewalk in front of you, he obviously needs help to get back up. Do you help him?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

1. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?

I really wouldn't like to change my name, firstly. I really like my name at the attachments it has [like the fact that my middle initial is J for example]. I think if I had to change my name I would change it to James Ellis which is the pseudonym that one of the characters in one of my screenplays uses. It is the combination of my own middle name and the last name of my best female friend.

2. Were you, in fact, BORN cynical? Or did you have an unfortunate run-in with a Priest? Or was it some other natural disaster?

It was my Catholic education and the hypocrisy of the Catholic education system. While I have always believed in God [not so strongly as yourself, of course, and that may be because Catholic education very often has the reverse effect than that which is desired] I found it absoloutley astounding how religion and God was rammed down the throats of the students at the school. And then as I began to achieve more in school in the last year it was blatantly obvious who was going to become student of ther year, the award given to two outstanding year seven graduates, one from each class. In my final year of school I won honours at a contest named Tournament of the Minds, I single handedly ran the class parliament election, I won science, English, and writing awards, and I captained the team that represented Australia at the Children's Summit in Paris, France [you know, no big deal, captaining your country...] Who won student of the year? A girl who read prayers at mass.

Cynicism set in just about then. In fact my Mum who worked at the school [another reason I probably didn't get it] found out that I hadn't got it before hand, so she told me so as that I wouldn't be dissapointed on the night. I started making $10 bets with other students betting that I wouldn't win it. Just to show you have much of a sure bet I was to everyone else in the world, I won $120.

3. What about you now is fundamentally different from the you of one year ago?

Well, it was this time last year that I became [more than ever] who I am today, because this time last year I was drinking a lot and doing all sorts of things that I'm not going to do again [haven't drunk a drop since January 18 when I woke up in a flower bed]. How have I changed since last year? I have realised that, for one, that sort of stuff is pointless. It wastes your time dreadfully, time where I could be productive. And it is a depressent. I have realised that the people that I was hanging around with then, while they are great people, are ultimately people who further nurture depression and that sort of thing. The most fundamental change since last year is, quite plainly, I have to be my own person and do things for myself. There is no point in trying to please other people if you aren't happy, and drinking, sex and whatever else, is just a way of numbing yourself [in those situations, of course]. Find people you really love.

4. What would have to happen to cause you to leave this site altogether, aside from obvious things like time-consuming offline commitments with work, school, family, or relationships?

Not much. I don't think. I mean, I'm already not exactly the most popular of members [sometimes I think I'm more disliked than Holden. Which doesn't much bother me, because I like Holden] already and yet I still keep coming back. There are members I dislike greatly [thankfully he doesn't come around much anymore]. But I don't think I have much of a reason, if any, to leave.

There are people that don't like Holden???? Who??? I'll moidelize 'em!! rufff...

1. If Satan offered you world recognition with all of your endeavors, and you only had to give him your paltry little soul, would you do it?

Sigh. No. I wish I could say yes, but I probably wouldn't feel that I had earnt the recognition. Which is the major thing for me. I want people to know who I am, but even more, I want to have paved my own way.

2. You're walking down the beach and you see a guy catching pelicans and cutting of their beaks, what do you do?

Firstly I would laugh until I wet myself at the mere thought of a man sick enough to take the time to capture pelicans just so that he can get some weird kick out of removing their beaks. Secondly I would call the cops. Thirdly I would sit down and wait for them to arrive, one so he doesn't leave while they are one their way, two so I can see them arrest this strange, strange man.

3. You're at a party where there is a lot of weed and drink. There is a hot girl that you can't keep your eyes off of, and you can't quit fantasizing about her all night. Later in the evening you and the girl wind up getting together. You start making out and discover just how intoxicated she really is. You go to a bedroom and things get really intense when she starts tounging your ear, she tells you it's her 14th birthday today. What's your reaction?

Firstly I find nothing attractive about being tongued in the year. Secondly my ear is now so full of saliva that I can't hear anything she says. But if the tonguing of the ear did not happen and she said that I would be very conflicted. I'm talking very conflicted. Because I am not so without ethics that I would say no, but I am not so ethical that I wouldn't go for it anyway. If I could look at her after she said that and still be blown away, and not see the fourteen year old in her, I would probably go ahead and let the chips fall where they may. If she wasn't a virgin. If she was a virgin I would be terrified of my immense power. I'm only seventeen. That is only three years older. If I was forty she would be thirty seven. And no one would be screaming rape then. This question is hard. Next!

4. You're walking down the street and in front of you a man in a very expensive suit and Gucci shoes drops a money clip and you can see it's very fat. What do you do?

Pick it up and pocket it. I kid you not.
He ain't offering a reward. He is too fat. And evil.

5. You want to be alone one night and decide to go set on a water tower in an industrial complex. You spy from afar a couple of cars pull in from different directions. You lay flat so they don't see you, and you see them getting out of their cars. It's obviously a magor drug deal going down! There are four or five people around each car and they are all armed. After each car trunk is opened you hear shouting then a gunfight happens. It is easy to see that all parties have been hit. After laying low for a few minutes, you build up the nerve to go investigate. When you reach the cars you see in one trunk two open suitcases full of money, in the other trunk you see a large amount of what appears to be cocaine. All the people are dead but one, and he is too weak to reach the gun laying five feet away from him. What do you do?

Call the police.

Those things are messy. Take the money and you will be tracked down. Kill the other guy your prints are on the gun. Take the coke and you are tangling yourself in a lot of yarn...

6. You're at a bank when a robbery begins. Things go sour when police arrive outside the bank. One of the robbers wants to make a point by killing a hostage and proving to the police that they are very serious about there demands. A gunman picks up a child and decides that would be the victim. Before you can even begin to think about it ,you jump up yelling, "NO!". The gunman says that you can take the childs place if you want to. Do you?

I wouldn't even jump up and yell at them.

7. One day you are shopping at a convenience store when someone comes in and robs the store. The robber leaves shooting and you get hit in the head. When you wake up you find yourself surrounded by fire, and the Devil himself is looking at you directly. He informs you that you are going into the pit, where you will burn eternally but never die. There is one way out, go back to earth and be a suicide bomber. The location for the bombing is a private school in Columbia for about 400 children aged 6-12. Do you suffer the pit?

No. I do not. I go and I bomb the children and avoid the pit.

Your questions have been forumlated to determine if I am moral or not. I am not. I am selfish for the most part. But honest to God I think that everyone is ultimately after everything out for their own survival. And you can say that you would answer the more moral option to everyone of these questions, but that, I think for the most part, may just be crap. Because in the situation, would you really? I am not questioning your integrity by the way. I'm just saying. I think we are all out tosave ourselves in the end.

8. A loner that lives near you is dying. He's never done anything to be noticed in his life, until nearing the end, he decides to let you in on something. You go to his loft and he shows you over forty manuscripts and screenplays. They are some of the best stories you have ever read. In time he becomes a friend of yours, and when he gets really sick, he gives you his keys and asks if you can check on him from time to time. Then one day you see that he has passed. No one except you knows that he was ever a writer. What do you do with his scripts?

I submit them under his name and give him the credit.

And this is my sort of question. Because this is me at my most moral. Firstly, I love the elderly and so I was almost thinking the question would be about me just looking after the guy, which I would do without a second thought. I would not steal his stories. I would give them the attention they deserve, but never for myself, but for him. It is a sort of selfish thing I guess too, because I wouldn't feel right getting attention for something that I love so much [screenwriting], if it wasn't my work. I have no fear that I will be able to make it without stealing a dead man's stories either. And if they deserve to be seen, they deserve to be seen with his name attached.

9. Someone asks you to go camping with him and you decide to go. To your surprise he brings along a couple of rifles and wants to go hunting for Dingo's/Coyote's. You say sure, thinking that chances are slim that you'll run into any. But then you do, and he wants you to take the first shot. What do you do?

Depends on where we are. If we were in the middle of Australia I wouldn't even nearly pull the trigger on a dingo. If we were on Fraser Island where the dingos attack people and are too copious in numbers I might pull the trigger. Ultimately, once again, I don't know. I like animals. I would probably take aim and fire, but miss on purpose, scaring the dingo away and not killing it. But I could probably get arrested for carrying a gun in national park areas anyway, and so I would probably refuse to even go...

10. A man with leprosy falls down on the sidewalk in front of you, he obviously needs help to get back up. Do you help him?

No. I do not.

And not because he has leprosy, but because I don't help people that have fallen over. I have only ever helped one: an old woman who had just come out from getting a bunch of expensive photo quality photocopies. She tripped on the curb and while she didn't fall over all these expensive copies went flying all over the road, and it had just rained. They were everywhere and some were in puddles and she was so devestated. I could have cried.

My life isn't written very well.
Hi SB, haven't seen you in a while. I hope you film is going well.
Anyway here are some questions for you:

1) Would you be willing to give up sex for five years if you could have wonderfully sensual and erotic dreams any night you wished?

2) At a meal, your friends start belittling a common aquaintance. If you felt their criticisms were unjustified, would you defend the person?

3) Would you like to have your rate of physical aging slowed by a factor of 30 so as to give you a life expectancy of about 2000 years?

4) Since adolescence, in what three-year period do you feel you experienced the most personal growth and change?

5) If your parents became infirm and the only alternative to bringing them into your home was to put them in a nursing home, would you do so? What about a sister or brother who suffered a permanently crippling injury and--other than your home--had nowhere to go but a convalescent home?

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Hi SB… I guess until I think of some different ones, I’ll ask you a few of the same questions I asked LordSlaytan and Monkeypunch…

When you have children, what is the single most important thing you hope your children learn from you?

If you could meet any person, past or present, who would it be and why?

If you had the power to change one event in history, what would it be and why?

What makes you smile?

What can make you mad faster than anything else?

If you had to ability to cure one disease, which one would it be?

If someone was standing on the street corner with a map in their hand looking very confused, would you ask them if you could help them?

If you witnessed a robbery but also saw someone try to help the victim and the police mistakenly arrested the person who tried to help, what would you do?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

1. Would you be willing to give up sex for five years if you could have wonderfully sensual and erotic dreams any night you wished?

No. Can't beat the real thing. Coke says that.

2. At a meal, your friends start belittling a common aquaintance. If you felt their criticisms were unjustified, would you defend the person?

If the attacks were unfair, yeah, I'd stick up for the other person. That is if it is a real attack. If it all in jest I'd probably join in. I expect the same elbow in the ribs in return.

3. Would you like to have your rate of physical aging slowed by a factor of 30 so as to give you a life expectancy of about 2000 years?

No way in Hell. Could you imagine. Everyone you've ever known, dead. And the boredom. As young as your body still may be, your mind is still aging, your eyes are still seeing. I think there may be a point when one has gained so much wisdom through experience that everyday the world just brings more pain to the wise who see the trivilaity of it all. Two thousand years! Ack!

4. Since adolescence, in what three-year period do you feel you experienced the most personal growth and change?

Well, some people may say that I am still in adolescence. I'm definitely still a teenager [seventeen]. But I would say that the past three years [including this one] have been the most personal growth and change. I have become more humble [no, really, I have]. I have a bit more wisdom. A bit more experience. A bit more of everything I guess. I have also taken huge leaps and bounds as an artist in three years [much more so in the past two].

5. If your parents became infirm and the only alternative to bringing them into your home was to put them in a nursing home, would you do so? What about a sister or brother who suffered a permanently crippling injury and--other than your home--had nowhere to go but a convalescent home?

I'd put them in a nursing home. That, for me, is a no brainer. I am not qualified to look after my parents or siblings in such a manner. I would want them to have the best that money could buy. I am not the best that money can buy.

6. When you have children, what is the single most important thing you hope your children learn from you?

Humour. I doubt I will be able to teach them much else. They will learn patience and tolerance and respect and love and charity from me too [and their mother one would hope], but I swear to God I hope if they were able to take one thing away from my care and time with them, I hope they would take away the ability to laugh at themselves, and others, and situations that are usually reserved for tears and heartache. I hope they learn from me, I guess, that life is but a stage, the play is but a comedy, and the show is too short for an intermission...

7. If you could meet any person, past or present, who would it be and why?

It is ever changing. I think I would like to meet Hitler as a teenager. The Hitler that painted and went to operas. I would like to meet the tortured soul that would become the Adolph Hitler that did a lot of shouting and killing. I am sure that he would not have been evil or insane. Just in pain. And I would like to experience that first hand.

Him and Paul Thomas Anderson.

8. If you had the power to change one event in history, what would it be and why?

I wouldn't touch history. I am who I am because of everything that has lead up to this moment, even the horrific things, and I wouldn't be the same person if any of them had not happened. Things have happened that shouldn't have happened, but they give way to new ways of thinking and understanding, and I don't want to give them up.

9. What makes you smile?

Flirting. I love it. And I don't even mean flirting to get sex or anything out of it. Just the joy of flirting, without shame, with girls, even just my friends. I love innuendo and the electricity of harmless flirting.

10. What can make you mad faster than anything else?

An array of things. It is hard to point out exactly. Many things can make me utterly furious in a mere matter of seconds. If I had to say anything right now I would say my parents getting angry at myself just because I am the eldest. Or my parents taken someone elses wrong doing as a chance to attack everything that anyone has done in three months that might have made them angry at the time.

"Tom! Don't touch that! Jesus!"
"And while we're talking about this: Matt stays up too late!"
"Wha?!"

11. If you had to ability to cure one disease, which one would it be?

Diabetes.

12. If someone was standing on the street corner with a map in their hand looking very confused, would you ask them if you could help them?

Depends. If they were sexually attractive or elderly. Then yes.

13. If you witnessed a robbery but also saw someone try to help the victim and the police mistakenly arrested the person who tried to help, what would you do?

I would tell the police. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to realise that if you didn't tell them you would be a fool.

Wow SB, you're 17?! You have the wisdom of someone twice that age. I mean I've visited your web page; looked at the photos of your movie, and read your short story (still waiting for part 3). Anyway, you probably hear that all the time. I'm just amazed at genius, and how it works....
Right on!

Oh my God!

You're reading The Unnamed Chocolate Shop?!

Man oh man. What is your email address? I will send you the rest of it. I haven't updated TRW in months and months and months.

Months ago!

More questions. About writing and film work and whatever else if you wish. Or about my morals. How few ethics can one person really have?

All this and more after the break.

I was in a movie, and it amazed me how much the director knew. It was like he could seeeverything in his head about how each scene would come together and how he knew exactly what he wanted from the talent; I guess it was like he could see the entire movie in his head before the first frame was even shot.

How much freedom do you give your actors personally?

Is it important to have a good-looking lead in your movies?

I was in this one movie where the director sat me on the casting couch--I got the part even though I refused his advances.

Would you ever refuse a role to someone who rejected you on said couch?

Would you ever give a role to someone who did sleep with you?

Besides you and your assistant, who, do you feel is the other most important person working on the fim( producer is a given)

I know these questions are not realistic, but they are fun for me to write. So here goes:

1. A virus is accidentally unleashed from a CDC installation in the Continental United States, England, and Australia. After hearing this, there is panic spread throughout all three countries as people scramble to outrun the contagion. However, there is no escaping this manmade plague and time is running out. One day you are roaming the countryside looking to hunt some food, when you see a military vehicle swerve to the side of the road crashing into a utility pole. Seeing this you decide to investigate. Inside the vehicle is a doctor for the CDC. He has with him a container with three syringes full of antigen. The doctor tells you he was on his way to a military base, where there are high ranking personnel waiting to be vaccinated. He tells you each syringe is worth two doses, four for children less than 45 pounds. He is dying and proffers them to you. Everyone in your family is still clinging to life and desperately need the inoculations you now possess. The real problem is that there may not be any others, outside of Government personnel, that could be alive when this is over. Do you use the antigen for your family? Or do you use them for something else?

2. During your drive home from school, you are in a fatal car accident. When you wake, you are in Heaven and Gabrielle is waiting for you. He informs you that occasionally there are mix-ups with earthly departures, and you were robbed of 37 more years of life on Earth. God has allowed Gabrielle to offer you two choices to make restitution to you. One is that you go back into a body of a young boy who is slated to die, and the other is to go back in time and have a re-do of your own life. Now those are solutions, not the idea for restitution. Knowing that you are an aspiring filmmaker, God grants you five movies to create that have been done by others already. It doesn’t matter that you think someone else came up with these films, because Gabrielle sets you straight about how they came as gifts from God himself. He will give the people you take from other gifts to compensate. You are allowed two independent films for your beginning, two standard films for your contractual work for large studios, and a very large big budget epic movie, made solely by you. What are the five movies that you choose? Remember, you’ve learned that all the film ideas people have, begin with God, so it is still yours. You will not remember this deal ever being made.

3. You are working at a construction site to make ends meet while at film school, when all of a sudden the ground starts caving in. There is no hope for escape as the earth gives way and you plummet into a crevice so deep, that no one has any hope to ever recover you. You awake sometime later to find that you are able to see, there is some compound deep in the recesses of the earth that can make the rock alight, showing you the way. To your amazement, you are on a long and winding path, set unto the side of a sheer rock wall. The drop off to your other side seems infinite and the path upward is absolutely impassible. The only way is down. You start your trek and find that the rock is oozing a liquid substance that is not unlike a gel. After tasting it, you discover that it gives you nourishment on both levels of need, so there is no need of worry for thirst and hunger. You continue your journey. It seems like months later when you seem to have found the core. You stand and stare at an entrance into a small cave and decide to enter it, lest all your sojourning be for naught. Upon entering the cave you find a small pool, and that’s when you hear the voice. The Earth is speaking to you. You learn that the earth is a living, thinking entity, which has been aware of the changing’s that the human race has forced on it. When it is angered, it causes the earthquakes; it melds with the atmosphere and creates the hurricanes. It is so tired of the constant itch that our species creates, and describes us to you as lice. It tells you that in the pool is the essence of Earth, and drinking it will give you its power, but only if it wants you to have it. You must make some changes to the Human Race’s policies on how it transgresses the Earth. Once you drink from the pool, you will have absolute power over all living beings. You can think of a place and immediately be there, you will be invulnerable to all forms of attack, and you will be able to crush any resistance that is ever brought up against you, with merely a thought. You will be, in effect, a living God! However, once you are back among the living, the Earth will have no power over you at all, you are beyond its grasp. My question is, what will you do with that power once you are among us again? Will you make changes to appease the Earth proving your worth to it? Or would you have other motives in mind? Say you achieve dominion over all life, what are the first five worldwide laws you would create?

4. One night you decide to go out for a night on the town, when you hear some gunshots. You see Prime Minister Howard running for his life, and open your car door for him. After speeding away, he tells you that his own cabinet has hatched a plot to assassinate him. The only way to keep him alive is to hide him for a few days while his top trusted aids discover who is behind this heinous plot. You have been able to successfully keep him safe at great danger to yourself for a number of days, when you’re told that it’s over and that he can come out of hiding. He is so grateful towards you that he offers you one boon; you have only to name it. Name it.

5. A man wanders towards you one afternoon as you sit on your porch writing in your journal. He has been seriously injured and is on the edge of collapse. He hands you a small instrument and tells you that it is a Time Renderer. He gives you instructions on how to use it and informs you that it only has four charges left, and one of them is needed for your transport back to your own personal time. He drops dead in front of you; all the while your head is reeling from the implications that you can time travel four times. What periods of time do you use the four charges on, what do you wish to see, or learn?

Firstly, however, R3port3r66's questions:

1. How much freedom do you give your actors personally?

Enough to make them feel as though I am giving them more freedom than I really am. I give a lot of creative freedom in terms of taking on ideas and watching what an actor has rehearsed or prepared on their own. For example: on Cow Hunters I let my lead actor go off and learn his lines and then I let him come in when we shot and show me what he had done. I had given him freedom, but I swiftly took it away in production by manipulating what he had prepared until I got it the way I originally imagined. As I was manipulating what he had originally prepared, it made it seem as though he had played a crucial part in devloping his character. Much to my disgust I could not afford any rehearsal time on this film, but as none of the actors have to interact with one another, it was not so much of an issue for me. If an actor does indeed have valid suggestions in production I will gladly listen to them, and often an actor suprises you by providing you with something you didn't suspect, and I encourage that. It is rare that you will get it.

In answer to the question I would that it varies on who the actor is. I hardly gave my leads on Cow Hunters any freedom at all, but I let the extras choreograph entire sequences on their own. What that says about leads in comparison to extras I don't know!

2. Is it important to have a good-looking lead in your movies?

Not at all. It depends entirely on the message you are trying to sell the audience. I write very character orientated pieces, and you'll find that most character actors aren't the best looking actors [but they are, usually, the talented ones]. I tend to write very eccentric leads [for example, Trumpet McLeod, the commercial fisherman that takes up cow hunting] and so I need people that look eccentric. No one is going to feel in awe, or feel respect for, Trumpet McLeod if I cast someone like Robert Redford. They'd be like, "Oh, look! Robert Redford! I would so do him several times in one night." They look at John, who is round, spritish, and stunted, and smile. They can see this man hunting cattle off a boat in a large expanse of ocean, and they can believe it, despite the absurdity of it.

3. Would you ever refuse a role to someone who rejected you on said couch?

I don't make moves on my potential cast members. That being said I would have no problems with asking an actress I have worked with [after the film as been completed and only after] out for dinner, or going into a relationship with them. We're only human.

4. Would you ever give a role to someone who did sleep with you?

Sure, just not because they slept with me. I would give it to them if they deserved the part, worked well in the character, and was what I originally saw when I wrote the script [which is something I do; I write my own stuff]. As I said, I would make a point of not making a move on any actress until I had already worked with them and completed the film. And I am not saying I would do this on every film either. It isn't like, make a film, hire an actress, do the movie, screw the lead. You make the movie for the movie and if you happen to get a relationship out of it, it is certainly something you didn't plan, but why hold back because it happened on a film set, right?

5. Besides you and your assistant, who, do you feel is the other most important person working on the fim( producer is a given)?

Firstly, I don't work with an assistant, or at least, I haven't before. On Cow Hunters I have my friend Dave who carries stuff around and film behind-the-scenes footage, but he definitely isn't an assistant. Normally I would have said that the most important [even more important than the director sometimes] person on set would be the screenwriter [and I believe the writer should be on set at all times]. It is their vision and you should have them on set to check with anything that may not be working, or to rework pieces here and there. But that being said you look a film like M*A*S*H which would have been ruined had the writer been on set. I believe in the auteur theory, which is pretty terrible, I know, and I so I write, direct, photograph and edit my own films [or have done so far, although I know that in the future, for a while at least, I will have to pretend to be a team player]. So who is the most important person on set? Well, when you are the writer, director, DOP and editor, there is only one person that can make or break your film and that is the production manager. I swear to God that having had my mother organise locations and props [things that included a cow head from an abbatoir, two fishing boats, and a huge pile of flowers] has been the most rewarding experience. She has been wonderful. She has a long list of contacts and she can get anything for free. And she is a school teacher. That is her job. She should be managing features. I swear to God.

What kinds of cheese are your favorites? I love Feta and Swiss!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Let us begin with Holden. I only eat Cheddar. I admit to not being a cheese person. I eat eggs though. I am a duck egg person.

Now. Brian! With his paragraph-long-ethics-unmasking-truth-busters [his P.L.E.U.T.B's if you will]...

1. Do you use the antigen for your family? Or do you use them for something else?

So. I have six doses? I give one to my mother. I give one to my childhood sweetheart/best friend [same person]. I use one on myself. I track down a chemical/medicine expert of some kind. I give them the remaining three in hope that he/she will be able to work out what goes into the antigen in hope that they will be able to reproduce it on a mass scale. Why three doses? Because I'm hoping that three doses worth is enough to work it out. And if not I will still be alive with the two people I love most.

2. What are the five movies that you choose?

Well. Firstly I wold definitely be going back as myself as opposed to the little boy. I have enjoyed my life thus far and would love to relive it. The five movies. Interesting.

I would make Pulp Fiction and Memento. I would make Being John Malkovich and The Godfather as my studio films and I would do Lawrence of Arabia as my epic.

Say you achieve dominion over all life, what are the first five worldwide laws you would create?

I must say, Slay, that I have no idea.

I don't know enough about the environment, but I would definitely do what the Earth asked of me, because it has given me so much [not least the oppertunity to have its essence]. You don't get handed a gun and use it to shoot the person who gave it to you. Before the Earth gives its power I would flat out ask the voice, "What is it that you really want? What are your hopes and dreams for yourself?" Because I think God like power would be too much for me without the guidance of a wiser being.

4. He is so grateful towards you that he offers you one boon; you have only to name it. Name it.

Boon?

What periods of time do you use the four charges on, what do you wish to see, or learn?

Charge one:
Mount Gambier 2002 > Jerusalem 34

I visit the time of Christ and I experience the last week of his life. I try to sneak to all the little happenings [like I hide in the ceiling above the last supper, in the bushes near where Jesus gets arrested, front house seats at Pilate's balcony]. I see what I can take as Gospel [literally] and what I can put down to smoke and mirrors and Weekend at Bernie's II. And I feel the pain of the time and the people. I witness the truth or the lie. And my faith shall be either restored or demolished forever. I need that.

Charge Two:
Jerusalem 34 > Ballarat 1890

I visit the goldfields of Australia and witness the true birth of my nation [if America was born in the streets, Australia was born in the minefields]. I would partake, I swear to God, in the Eureka stockade. I learn about mateship, honor, dignity, loyalty and freedom [all before Australia was even Australia, and just a few colonies owned by the British] first hand, more than I think it is possible to do today.

Charge Three:
Ballarat 1890 > Paris 1939

I go to France and I travel around Europe [oh, I find ways, my friend] until 1945, when I end up marching into Berlin. I swear to God I would not use that last charge until I had witnessed the entire second world war. I was nearly contemplating using each charge to visit a different area of the war [charge one taking me to Stalingrad, charge two to the Western front, and charge three to Northern Africa], but I would just as well do it this way to experience as much as I could. I would have to wind up in Berlin though. That is something I would have to do.

Charge Four:
Berlin 1945 > Mount Gambier 2002