78.26%
18 votes
Yes, we should.
21.74%
5 votes
No, we shouldn't.
23 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I just know they're coming to kill me.
I was talking to OG- on AIM today (Monday the 6th of December) and while I was talking to him, I said it's nice talking to other MoFo's on AIM and other IMing software because instead of making a post and waiting for a response, with IMing one another, it's like real-time talking- in other words, a fast response and the you and the person can hold an actual conversation.

So we got to thinkin'...

Why not make an official MoFo's chatroom?

Now before you say it would defeat the purpose of the forums, allow to explain something. H-B-O (or for all of you non-Halo fans out there, Halo.Bungie.org) has both a chatroom and a forum. Even though the chatroom is there for instant talk, their forums are still the main place of discussion. The chatroom to them is like, as I told OG- on AIM, what it is were doing now- just having a normal conversation other than movies, like getting to know each other a little better and stuff. Basically, a chatroom on MoFo would be pretty much a social gathering. So, vote for it, Yoda, think about it, and post your replies about it.

My life isn't written very well.
I say yes. But it's highly unlikely, given the language and albeit preditors that can infiltrate a chat room: this being a family-friendly site and all.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

A chatroom can still be conventional and family-friendly, good example of such a chatroom is the one available on theonering.net. It takes heavy moderation (the room at TORn can have anywhere from 4 ops to 10), however I think that such a chatroom would be more likely used by the regulars and not some unknown stranger.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

May The Forks be With Us
i like the idea but we gotta make sure members with status have the ability to block other people that seem to be a bad person or maybe a predator out of the chatroom. I'm not talking about mods because we only have so many of those guys, im talking about members with over 500-1000 posts or some other thing like that. but it sounds like fun.

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I'm down, especially if it's in the form of a irc channel.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
And an IRC channel could be included into the site as well, so it's not as if people would have to venture to some far, far away place, it would be a simple click away. Great idea!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

IRc would be awesome.

Well, as a temp solution, for anyone who is interested, I just registered a chan for MoFo on one of the networks I idle on.

irc.dejatoons.net #MoFo

what is your name there OG? Is it blackhole?
Tryin to find the right one, there is like a zillion mofos

I just went in, as allthatglitters.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by OG-
Well, as a temp solution, for anyone who is interested, I just registered a chan for MoFo on one of the networks I idle on.

irc.dejatoons.net #MoFo

Excellent. How about posting directions, for those of us who are only mildly familiar with irc?

Well, first download mIRC from www.mIRC.com . It'll ask you to register it, but you don't have to, it'll just keep poping up a please register thing whenever you start it.

After you've installed it and set it up with your name etc, it's been a longggggg time since I've installed mIRC, so I don't even remember what the setup screen looks like anymore, but afterwards (if I remember right) there will be a connect to server screen that you can basically double click etc, I do it manually so all I can tell you is just close that and type into the status window:

/server irc.dejatoons.net

once it connects type: /j MoFo

And there ya have it. My nick is uK|INS[OG-]. I was asleep at the time, but I see that ATG came in last night for a bit, so that's one person other than myself in there