MoFo Baby Picture Thread

Tools    

i just wanted to thank all my wonderful Mofo buddies for not putting any focus whatsoever on the fact that i'm FIVE THOUSAND YEARS OLD!!!!!!

chris was negative two....that's funny. he was just a glint in austruck's eye.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Yup, he went from being a glint in my eye, to a pain in my a$$.

JUST KIDDING! (The joke was too easy to pass up. It was right there, tempting me.....temppppppttttttiiiinnnngggg me.)

Rock God
pink floyd is awesome! i just got the "more" soundtrack today. the nile song is now one of my favorites. chris, tell your grandma she's cool.

austruck - feel free to share some REAAAAALLLY embarassing stories....

or not... it's up to you.

Originally posted by Austruck
Yup, he went from being a glint in my eye, to a pain in my a$$.

mind if i borrow that one sometime?

Rock God
no way you're really that old! i'm only 2,378 and you aren't that much older than me.

Originally posted by patti

probably similar to what i was doing....i'm a few years older than you, but i was a late bloomer.

i was highschool class of 82......our class slogan upon graduation......ahem.....was........."have a brew with 82".
yeegads
I was class of 85 and I don't remember much about it all . I do remember our class song was Open Arms by Journey. I also remember that I had a 1976 Volkswagon Rabbit that I got in trade for a Yamaha YZ250 dirt bike that I got in trade for laying a coat of pearl lacquer over my buddy's 64 Mustang (I worked in a spray booth). That stupid VW had no floor, it was from Michigan and it was rusted halfway up the doors. I could watch the roadkill under my feet as I sped by. Pretty convenient way to dispose of those empty beer cans (that is a joke, I am environmentally responsible).

That does remind me though... in Texas, I could drink at 18 AND I could have an open container in the car. EVERYONE back then drove around drinking beer and wine coolers...I kid you not.

I'm on a roll here... stream of consciousness... know what else I remember in my lifetime? I remember going to the courthouse with my mother at about age 5 in upstate NY. There were 2 water fountains... one marked "colored". I remember asking my mother what colored water was. Pretty insane huh? Stop and think about how much has happened in the world in the past 100 years and it'll blow your mind. Equal rights for human beings has only been recognized for 40 something years... and in some backwater places is still not recognized. I know some folks from Georgia who still use the "N" word in regular conversation. They talk of the "N" man they hire to do odd jobs and the "N" maid they have and in their part of the world it's still normal. The black folks don't take offense (at least outwardly) to it... it's just everyday life.

How in the hizell I got off on that I don't know. Anyways, I'll talk at y'all. Do think about everything that's happened within your time here on the rock... you might be amazed if you really think about it.

Dang. And to think I'll be telling my kids about September 11th. And just as I don't fully appreciate Vietnam, they'll probably feel the same way about that.

I remember a few things from early childhood. I remember driving by a prison in the car with my family. I asked them what it was. My dad said "That's where bad people go." I said "Is Michael Dukakis in there?" I also remember watching the 1992 election on TV.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I remember when I was little I had a "Where's The Beef?" shirt. I used to have a picture of me in it, but don't know where it has gone...
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Very true. I still remember studying cases for Dr. Ware's criminal law class in the library with my walkman (new technology at that time) on and listening to the news of the Challenger going down during takeoff. I remember Nixon on TV talking about "vietnam" and having no clue what it was about. I remember being uneasy about the Iran hostage situation and voting the first time for Reagan. I lost a friend to "Gulf War disease" and I remember being terrified of being drafted bc I didn't want to go through the same thing. I remember lengthy conversations with my older cousins and uncles who served in vietnam and the stories of war they told and how those stories changed dramatically when I heard my friends discuss their service in Iraq. Hand to hand combat became a thing of the past. My friend was in the 82nd airborne, the first company deployed into Baghdad. He told me of being terrified that he would actually have to kill another human being... maybe with bullets or maybe with bayonet. He told me of being so very surprised when the opposition forces simply laid down their arms and gave up and the almost comraderie the US soldiers felt with the Iraqui soldiers. The world is an amazing place.

Here I am in all my glory.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	pati naked.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	170  

Rock God
awww.......

My life isn't written very well.
Originally Posted by jrs
Hey I just noticed this thread.....expect pics of me ya'll !!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for bumping this one up guys! Chris, that's a really nice picture. Thanks for sharing that with all of us Linda! It's very touching. It also looks as if Yoda is trying to talk already--at 2 hours old!

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

LOL, r66, I hadn't thought of that, but it does fit, doesn't it?

He was an alert little sweetie even from minute 1. A great day then (coming up on 19 years ago!) -- and he's the kind of personality who never disappoints to this day. Can't take too much credit for him, though. He was born the way he is.

Damn you Chris! You raise the bar in mom's eyes and you're first-born! How am I supposed to compete with that?

Oh, that's rich, Gracie! Like this is a competition or something? LOL! You and I both know you're much wittier than Chris was at your age, right? (wink wink)

Plus, later I'll put up a MUCH cuter picture of YOU when you were little. (You probably know which one -- the family classic.)