Why Do We Watch... Movies?

Tools    

Why watch a movie? I don't want any of these crappy answers like: Because we like them. We watch actors to see how talented they are. No.

Because, why do you like movies (if you tell me that answer.) Why do you like to watch actors to see how talented in acting they are? Give me some answers.

Why don't you start it out, genius, so we know the appropriate kind of answer you seek?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

There's no hidden insight. Humans enjoy stories. We love to share information and experiences, and stories are a part of that. Even if you get past this base instinct, they entertain and amaze. Far from being one of those questions that's hard to answer, in this case the hard thing is choosing just one.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Why do we do a lot of the things that we do? Watching movies takes you out of your reality and inserts you into someone else's world for roughly 2 hours.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Why watch a movie? I don't want any of these crappy answers like: Because we like them. We watch actors to see how talented they are. No.

Because, why do you like movies (if you tell me that answer.) Why do you like to watch actors to see how talented in acting they are? Give me some answers.
Didn't you just have a Jimmy Swaggart-esque revelation that you were going to change?

A Dedication to Movie Forums

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=18317