Reasons

Tools    

Everything in Night's films has a purpose. Ex: The Sixth Sense had color meanings and different signals were given to give a hint about Bruce's character. Also in Signs water was very important. What I would like to know is what were some important meanings in The Happening. I've thought long and hard about it and I've come up with one. The math talk in the car to calm the screaming girl had a very important meaning. It explained the happenings going on in the real world like they were exponentially happening. It starts out small and will get larger as time goes on exponentially. So what else is there to know in the film?

Actually, I think it works both ways. It spreads to more people over time, but it also started off in larger areas and gradually moved to smaller ones.

Anyway, I don't think there was nearly as much hidden here as in some of Night's other films. Early drafts of the script did use colors more, but not in the same was as The Sixth Sense. I think this is probably Night's most straightforward film.

haven't seen the happening (yet), but a "straightforward" m. night film does not sound like an m night film.