Could M. Night Shyamalan direct a Narnia film?

Tools    

I know he has been offered "Harry Potter" before, so I think he might consider it. And since Andrew Adamson did a somewhat lousy job on the first one, I think Shyamalan would be a great director for the series somewhere down the road. I'm thinking "The Silver Chair" would suit his style best.
I am a huge Narnia fan and would love to see films that do justice to the books, something that hasn't happened yet. I think Shyamalan is perfectly suited for the job.

I do agree that M. Night would do a fabulous job at turning the already beautiful Narnia series into something even more beautiful, but I have to say I'd be rather frustrated. I'd love to see a film that M. Night wrote. I am familiar with the Narnia books and I know how they go and all that happens though of course I do not have every nuance memorized, but M. Nights own films are what astound me. However that is not to say he does a terrible job, but M. Night is such an imaginative man and there would of course be barriers to him if he did a movie based on a book, the story line, the scenery is all set now he just has to make it come alive. Sure it would be rather delightful but personally I'd rather him use such time making a new film, one of his own.

Yeah, that makes sense. But in the end I think it would be his decision, of course. I just wonder what he'd decide?

It would be a great thing! (though I have a hard time seeing him do something he didn't write, but CS Lewis would be the writer worth starting with.)

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
neither can I really...

It's hard to say. On one hand, most of his famils have been decidedly un-Narnia. But keep in mind he did write Stuart Little, and is set to direct the adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender. He was also attached to the adaptation of Life of Pi at one point, as well as the third Harry Potter film.

So, he's done a little of this before, and clearly a number of people think him capable. We saw hints of his milder forms of storytelling in Lady in the Water, too, of course.

M. Night could do anything. The problem is, I don't think he should. His strength lies in the low budget look of all his projects. Remember the special effects in Signs? I don't think that would fly in Narnia.

But dude is into layering his flicks with Christian themes, so I can see why the appeal would exist.

The Horse and His Boy. That would be a good one for him.