What you need to hear.

Tools    

July 1st 2010
M. Night Shymalan,
Dare I ask if you have even SEEN the series Avatar? I am having trouble figuring out how it is possible to ruin such a GREAT series, but you somehow managed it. The cartoon Avatar, although has a very serious plot it is also a show full of comedy. Why would you take that away? How would that even come close to making this a children’s movie? But never mind your lack of knowledge about the series. Let’s talk about your casting. Fire Lord Ozai is an intimidating heartless character who never actually showed care for his son Prince Zuko, and just so you the face of the Fire Lord is not revealed in the first season. So FAIL. Also the person you casted, not scary at all, he actually made me laugh because u chose just a horrible person to play this role. Aang is an innocent carefree child who has a burden on him but faces it with optimism and hope. The child you casted for this role just plain look’s angry with no acting skill, which brings me to your script which was probably written by monkeys. You already had an amazing script right in front of you, which again still makes me wonder if you have even seen one episode of this series. You left out favorite and important key quotes and replaced them with poor grammar and redundancy. I am a HUGE fan of the Last Airbender and I would like to tell you that you have completely ruined this series for me. You claimed that you made it so that the people who have not seen the series may understand the story but you failed to get any real plot into the movie. You chose to put in pointless scenes and failed to tell the story properly. For example Zuko’s story, rather than having him tell the story by himself it should’ve been an actual flashback that serves a purpose. The flashbacks you put into the story were pointless. What you did that angered me the most the the name changes. I AM ASIAN TOO. Guess what! I CALL AANG AANG! NOT ONG. If you want to make a movie off a show, GO WITH THE SHOW. This show although is “asian” it is still created by two I guess you could say “white guys” so why would you change that. The show was great on its and it needed no change. And did u even notice that 70% of the time in the movie, you were zoomed up to someone’s nostrils? The scenery in Avatar is one of its great wonders and you choose to take unattractive shots of the actor’s face? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? There was so much you could’ve done with this movie and it was so hard to mess up such a great plot so badly. But I must applaud you. You did it. You made so that every time I heard one of my favorite characters name I filled with anger. And did you know that you left out MAJOR characters that were also FAVORITES in the show like KING BOOMI and Jet? The travel to Omashu was one of the greatest wonders of avatar and you completely by passed it. Not to mention you showed them ADVERTISING Aangs return which never happened because HE WAS BEING HUNTED THE WHOLE TIME YOU IDIOT, EVERYWHERE HE WENT GOT DESTROYED IE; KIYOSHI ISLAND! Oh yeah, and you left out Suki too. Oh yeah the worse part. WHAT MAKES YOU THINK ALL EARTH BENDERS ARE CHINESE AND FIRE BENDERS INDIAN? ARE YOU STUPID?! Each Nation has their own key characteristics. Air benders have grey eyes, water bender blue, earth green, and fire amber (with real sideburns that dud not point at the tips) you failed to portray each nation correctly along with failing to USE THE RIGHT MOVEMENTS FOR EACH BENDING. All bending has their own characteristic an origin yet you managed to make it a jumble of retarded movements that led to barely any bending at all. Oh and when Aang goes into the avatar state. HE IS NOT SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE HE IS GETTING HIS SOUL SUCKED OUT and his hands need to be in a fist IN FRONT of him and he does NOT need movements to BEND. OH Which reminds me YOU LEFT OUT AVATAR ROKU! KEY CHARACTER. AND HIS DRAGON DOES NOT TALK. You did not develop ANY RELATIONSHIPS not even Aang and Kataras. The story line was rush and ruined. By the end of the movie you did not get the plot across AT ALL. So M Night. Shyamalan. I thank you for literally wasting 2 hours of my young life.
-Sally Duong.
P.S. this is the short version of what I think about the crap you just made.

yeah there was soooo much more wrong with what he did...three days of rantings worth to be exct.

OK...So the reviews were not good and everyone told me not to go see this movie! I am GLAD that I didn't listen. I have seen every movie since the sixth sense and I wasn't about to stop now. I have neither read nor watched the series and this may be the problem for many. I LOVED this movie! It is my favorite since The Sixth Sense! I loved the characters, I loved the actors! And I believe that I am pretty discerning. OK, so there was some work that could be done, some character development to bring the cast together in a more cohesive manner, but it didn't take away from the story which I loved, the actors who I thought were great! I think that taking creative license is a good thing...but the problem for many is that they want exactly what they have seen before. I don't know why...If I have read the book then watched movie...I find it boring and redundant to watch essentially what I have already read in the book! I liked this story so much that I WILL read the books and watch the series but not until these movies have finished. M Night, I hope that if you are reading this you will continue with the series. I have already talked people into seeing this movie, I will leave positive reviews on sites that I can find. I truly don't understand what the problem is with every one...And should those of you reading this think I loved all of the movies? I did not. I liked them, found them interesting, but many I would not purchase after watching it in the theater. I would purchase this movie. I am really glad that I went to see it!!!

are you high? where you in the right state of mind when you watched that crap? i find it really hard to believe u understood the plot just by staring at peoples noses the whole time and listening to them repeat themselves.

its that bad.

I've already deleted the other two copies.

You're allowed to hate the movie, sduong92, but don't copy and paste the same post over and over again. Once is plenty.