Lady in the Water - Raspberries for 'em awards

Tools    

Seeing "Lady in the Water" on the Golden Raspberries really shocked me. Just goes to show that some critics can't take a joke. Kill a critic and elevate the screenwriter in a movie and some of them make sure to hit you in the pocketbook.

This is an example where the negative publicity tanked the box office. I saw this during a family vacation on Kauai and it was a highlight of our trip. The theatre was packed with the audience comprising of mostly locals and a few tourists. It was a fun audience, we laughed at all the same spots. The murmurs of surprise filled the theatre as the plot unfolded. The story did all the right stuff -- it was either a little ahead or a little behind the audience and lead us all around a garden path besides.

I did not give it much thought since except for the occasional thought of writers sacrificing for their writings. I have not bothered to read a single review and did not know that people had panned it, until now. This is outrageous and unjust.

Yes, four glorious nominations: M. Night pulls the hat trick nominated as Worst Director, for his Worst Screenplay and his Worst Supporting Acting. Lady is also up for Worst Picture, though I think that'll be a dogfight between Little Man and Basic Instinct 2...though Bloodrayne could be the darkhorse here. The Razzie's were designed for filmmakers like Uwe Boll, and he has yet to win one. This could be his year. Will Scorsese get his long-deserved Oscar and Boll his well-deserved Razzie within 24 hours of each other? Stay tuned.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Will Scorsese get his long-deserved Oscar and Boll his well-deserved Razzie within 24 hours of each other? .
Yes!!!..........................
Well Scorsese is up against usual stuff...but yeah looks good.

If you've seen "Lady in the Water", you know why the critics hated it. LOL

Probably because they spend their lives concerned with materialistic superficial drivel and know nothing about esoteric truths or the meaning of art.