WICKED: The Untold Story of the Witches of Oz.

Tools    

Put me in your pocket...

WICKED: The Untold Story of the Witches of Oz

I saw Wicked over the holidays and aboslutely LOVED it. I laughed, I cried, it touched me. I was wondering if anyone else has seen it. Susan how about you?

If you haven’t seen it yet, I’d highly recommend you get tickets when it comes to town. I loved everything about it. The acting and the singing were incredible, the story is touching and at the same time very funny and thought provoking on different levels. I loved the songs...especially “Defying Gravity” (which comes right before intermission and makes you eager to get back to your seats to see the rest of the show) and “For Good” (which is at the end and is perfect for the moment). Also...The sets and staging were amazing.

Here are some pics from the official Wicked website...

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I haven't seen this yet, but I'd love to. I do have the soundtrack and I love both those songs you mention, Annie. I've heard great things about the books that the musical is based on, as well.

who can say if I've been changed for the better?
because I knew you, I have been changed for good.

I love that.

An interesting side note, the WW of the W in those photos above is played by Idina Menzel, who played Maureen in the film of Rent that was released in November.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I haven't seen this yet, but I'd love to. I do have the soundtrack and I love both those songs you mention, Annie. I've heard great things about the books that the musical is based on, as well.

who can say if I've been changed for the better?
because I knew you, I have been changed for good.

I love that.
Oh good. I bought my daughter the soundtrack for Christmas and we love it too.

I also love...
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you:

An interesting side note, the WW of the W in those photos above is played by Irina Menzel, who played Maureen in the film of Rent that was released in November.
Thanks for the info. I haven't seen Rent yet and now that I know Irina's in it, I'll make sure to watch it. Is it out on DVD yet?

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I double-checked the spelling of Ms Menzel's name and then spelled it wrong, anyway. I just looked for a dvd release date at IMDb and didn't see one. It's still in theaters, I think... might be a little while. I hate to say it, but I'd definately recommend waiting for it on dvd.