Food Network/Shows

Tools    

Put me in your pocket...
I love Food Network...if I don't have on TCM, I have a food show on.

I'd like to know if anyone else here is interested in food shows...whether it's on Food Network or someother station.

When I catch them, I like...

The Iron Chef...my favorite is Sakai.
Iron Chef America...I love Alton Brown's commentary.
$40 a Day...Rachel Ray's a doll.
Emeril Live...I just like him.
Good Eats...he's such a cool nerd. Love his scientific comments and his use of his sister and nephew at times.

..and a few other shows.

So anyone else?

Lets put a smile on that block
My brother loves food shows. He's a really good cook and seems to have some unnatural photographic memory when it comes to watching different recipes on tv. Its quite amazing. I often stumble into the room whilst his nose is stuck to the screen watching shows such as...

The Naked Chef
Gary Rhodes
Delia

and one that i always enjoy as she is so incredibly sexy - Nigella Bites...

She is the only person to ever get me hot whilst mashing potatoes...

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by blibblobblib
My brother loves food shows. He's a really good cook and seems to have some unnatural photographic memory when it comes to watching different recipes on tv. Its quite amazing. I often stumble into the room whilst his nose is stuck to the screen watching shows such as...

The Naked Chef
Gary Rhodes
Delia

and one that i always enjoy as she is so incredibly sexy - Nigella Bites...

She is the only person to ever get me hot whilst mashing potatoes...
Thanks Blib for being the only one to post here. You're such a sport.

I'm impressed that your brother likes the cooking shows and trys the recipes out. Good for him! By the way...is this the brother that once joined here?

I've seen both The Naked Chef and Nigella Bites(that's such a great name!). I liked them both, unfortunately, their show's aren't on when I happen to be watching nowadays. I love Nigella's pressence though. She has such a great voice...and I can see why she might get your potatoes hot whist mashing.

I don't know if you have this show over by you (it's not on too often here...compared to other shows), but keep a look out for or have your brother's eyes peeled for...Giada De Laurentiis in Everyday Italian. She's another doll...and it's not just her looks, but the way she presents herself.

And if anyone else is interested...as far as recipes, I've used http://www.foodnetwork.com/ alot and have been very happy...as well as recipes from http://www.southernliving.com/southern/

I try to catch any Iron Chef episode that i can, I seriously think I could give some of them a run for their money, Well....if the secret ingredient was Bar-B-Que sauce or beef I know I would have a chance.. I make a mean Ribeye with corn-shucked baked potatoes and my secret marinade sauce.

Since we are talking food: I need some good recipes to feed a family of 8-10 on a limited budget, but I want it to taste good. Right now my stuffed peppers and sheperds pie fits the bill, but I need some varity...any advice?

Put me in your pocket...
7thson...are you looking for one dish meals or are you also interested in a vegetible dish that can stretch out and fill you up?

Btw...I'd love to get your recipe for the corn shucked baked potatoes.

Iron Chef...

Hehe...we occassionally make our own Iron Chef show. Makes for a fun homemovie/video.

Originally Posted by Aniko
Btw...I'd love to get your recipe for the corn shucked baked potatoes.

You need large ears of corn, any varity will do, but white seems best to me. Bake your potatoes as you would normally do and grill (or bake) your corn inside the husks. Remove the corn from the husks and set aside. Cut potatoes in half and spoon out insides into a large bowl. Cut the corn off one of the cobbs, one cobb is enough for 5 regular sized baking potatoes. Mash the kernels however is easiest for you, but do not blend them. Add butter salt and pepper to taste and add to mashed potatoes. Add one table spoon of cream, this is important, to the potatoes and mash everything together adding enough milk to make potatoes soft, usually a cup is enough for 5 potatoes. Place serving size helpings into empty corn husk and bake for 20 minutes on 375. Yummy. The empty potatoe skins are great with cheeder cheese and sour cream and bacon bits.

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
My fiance got me into watching the food shows. My favorite is Paula Deen's show (blanking on the name right now). Also enjoy Rachel Ray and Alton Brown. And who doesn't love unwrapped?

Neutral Milk Hotel
AND TONGIHT ANOTHER NOTCH! I find that hialrious when emeril says that.
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Emeril is the best of the bunch. BAM!

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I get mezmerized by cooking shows.
I'm not too up on the newer ones, but I did catch a few last weekend.
I saw Ms Laurentis' show, which was cool. She has a great way about her and the closeups they do of the prep are really nice.

Emeril is very entertaining. I used to love Martin Yan (Yan Can Cook).
I love the shows where they take you someplace exotic and talk about the culture of the place, while showing recipies.