The Mofo Historical Film Timeline

Tools    

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Eight Men Out (1988 - John Sayles)
The "Black Sox" scandal of the Chicago White Sox, who threw the 1919 World Series for money from gamblers.
Allready got that one down, chief.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Henry V (1944)
British victory over the French at Agincourt (1415)

Cromwell (1970)
English civil war 1642/1648

Zulu (1964)
Battle for Rorke's Drift 1879
Over a hundred British soldiers outnumbered by 4,000 Zulu warriors

The People's Republic of Clogher
1920something (the actual date would be much appreciated) Fitzcarraldo (1982, Werner Herzog)

Mad opera-loving Paddy pulls steamboat over South American mountain.

480 BCE The 300 Spartans (1962)
First Battle of Thermopylae

73-71 BCE Spartacus (1960)
Thracian gladiator leads a slave revolt against Rome

1884-85 Khartoum (1966)
Gen. 'Chinese' Charles Gordon takes on the Madhist revolt in the Sudan.

According to IMDb, Vin Diesel will be starring and directing in a film about my favorite figure of antiquity, Hannibal Barca. I'm glad to see a new film about Hannibal coming out, the story is truly fascinating. On the other hand, Vin Diesel...

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Purandara88
According to IMDb, Vin Diesel will be starring and directing in a film about my favorite figure of antiquity, Hannibal Barca. I'm glad to see a new film about Hannibal coming out, the story is truly fascinating. On the other hand, Vin Diesel...
It sounds like you're just not well-versed in the Dieselsphere enough to fully appreciate the master. Here are a few things you should know about Vin Diesel.

I was suspicious that you might be exaggerating a bit, then I read that Diesel is Thor and I realized you were lying.

Thor isn't bald!

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Purandara88
I was suspicious that you might be exaggerating a bit, then I read that Diesel is Thor and I realized you were lying.

Thor isn't bald!
You're seeing him with earthly eyes.