Best Tim Burton Film

Tools    

My favourite would be Sleepy Hollow, Mars Attacks and Edward Scissorhands

Yeah Mars Attacks without a doubt.

And this gal here was friggin hilarious with her hairdo along with the way they were trying to immitate her walk from the older films they most likely got their info from.

Beetle Juice! That was my first Burton film and it's still my favourite to this day. That movie sure did give me nightmares as a kid though, couldn't help but love it though

Originally Posted by ecardica
Beetle Juice! That was my first Burton film and it's still my favourite to this day. That movie sure did give me nightmares as a kid though, couldn't help but love it though
I never did catch all of Beetle Juice but the parts that I did see were pretty hilarious. I'll get around to seeing it in full one day though.

Originally Posted by Escape
Yeah Mars Attacks without a doubt.

And this gal here was friggin hilarious with her hairdo along with the way they were trying to immitate her walk from the older films they most likely got their info from.

That moment from Mars Attacks! (1996) is one of the very few bits I thought worked in that mess of a movie. It's also the only time the Martians disguise themselves as an earthling, that silly mocked-up rig to approximate a woman (with the make-up I think they were going for a '60s era Julie Newmar). That it's such an outrageously over-the-top and incorrect attempt at a human woman - she/it never even speaks a word, but because of the huge rack, small waist and swiviling hips the horny Presidential Press Secretary (Martin Short) immediately picks her up anyway and grants her access to the White House to impress her, THAT is pretty funny. Her costume and the way she glides when she moves were just fantastic.

That odd Martian "woman" was played by model Lisa Marie, who was Tim Burton's then-girlfriend (they were together for nearly a decade, engaged but never married, and split in 2001). She has a stunning and impossibly perfect body, with measurments at the height of her modeling career of 34D-25-35! It's no wonder Tim cast her as the impossibly tiny-waisted and huge-busted Vampira in his Ed Wood (1994). She was also in Burton's Sleepy Hollow (1999), in the flashbacks as Ichabod Crane's witchcraft-practicing mother who was put to death in the iron maiden. Her long relationship with Tim Burton should be reason enough for many an unusual looking lad to enroll in film school. Yowza.

But I digress....
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

i love tim burton movies. my fave are:

edward scissor hands
nightmare before christmas
sleepy hollow
and beetlejuice
Just a dog? Porthos dreams of being a bear, and you want to shatter those dreams by saying he's just a dog? What a horrible candle-snuffing word. That's like saying, "He can't climb that mountain, he's just a man", or "That's not a diamond, it's just a rock." Just.

I'm not a huge Tim Burton fan. His campiness is a little too pronounced for my tastes. However, I nominate Ed Wood because it is a fine, fine cinematic achievement. The campiness comes naturally in this one since the subject and his coterie were a pretty interesting group of real-life characters. I love that movie.

Neutral Milk Hotel
Edward Scissor hands is simply amazing. Its too bad most goth and punk kids these days worship it because of its dark style. Noone sees the real meaning in it.
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Nightmare Before Christmas

Tim Burton is a soggy can of dog food.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Success is the only Earthly judge..
The Nightmare Before Christmas /1993/ A

Batman Returns /1992/ B

Edward Scissorhands /1990/ B+

Batman /1989/ B

BeetleJuice /1998/ A

This is one hard question for someone like me who worships this guy. And for those who say Nightmare Before Christmas... Come on do some research you may just find out he didn't directed it. He came up witht he characters from a peom he wrote but still it would be technically be his film. Out of the ones he has done though it's hard to chose just one cause each has its high points and it's lows *cough* Planet of the Apes *cough* I'd probably go with Edward Scissorhands though just because it's one of the best stories and some really great lines. Also some moments thats are unforgetable much like the ice dance scene as well as the scene where Kim was like "hold me" and he's just like. "I can't"

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

Originally Posted by The_Elephant_Man
which tottaly explains why he has a kid.
He TOTALLY hides from women in closets and under desks. Do the research bologne-boy and quit breathin' up all the good air.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
I love Burton as a director, but was really disappointed in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Planet of the Apes.
I pretty much love everything else ( except that creepy Pee Wee thing ) but I'll plump for Sleepy Hollow at this moment in time.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

1. The Nightmare Before Christmas
2. Batman
3. Ed Wood
4. Big Fish
5. Beetle Juice

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
sleepy hollow

I have a tie between Batman and The Nightmare Before Christmas. Burton is good at directing any Johnny Depp film.

Edward Scissorhands... Beetlejuice is close, but I think everything about E.S. worked perfectly.