Saddest movie you have seen

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I was trying to correct Peehouse who posted above me, but since he's banned, it doesn't matter.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I was trying to correct Peehouse who posted above me, but since he's banned, it doesn't matter.

LOL. How'd he get banned? I guess I don't stay in the loop.

Also I've only seen bits of Pay it Forward. I was basically just joking, but what I did see of it never really captured my attention.

Plus that kid annoys me for some reason.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I enjoyed the movie until the kid was stabbed. I like the idea of Paying It Forward a great deal. I try to live by that idea. Only I don't stop with three people.

These films all have very depressing moments and some have very depressing messages (some of them much more than others , I better note that I love all of these movies)

and some overall very joyous movies , that have some really sad parts

I thouht Pan's Labyrinth had quite a sad ending, wouldn't say it was the sadest film I've seen though. Then I'm unsure of the ending.

WARNING: "ending spoiler." spoilers below
Was the girl imagining the stuff see saw and just died or was it real? and she went home? Another thing was at the end her brother was safe, but when the girl was dying, and saw the her mother, she was holding a boy. It kinda suggest it was just in her head.... So, hich is it?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I havent see Pan's Labyrinth yet which is a shame I really gota see it.

I'd lend it to you, but you don't a PS3 OR Blu-ray player.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I thouht Pan's Labyrinth had quite a sad ending, wouldn't say it was the sadest film I've seen though. Then I'm unsure of the ending.

Was the girl imagining the stuff see saw and just died or was it real? and she went home? Another thing was at the end her brother was safe, but when the girl was dying, and saw the her mother, she was holding a boy. It kinda suggest it was just in her head.... So, hich is it?
It was all in her head IMO. Others might differ but nonetheless it made the tragic real ending less sad for me.

Eowyn (The Lord of the Rings)

For me many movies can be sad. An example would be the Italian Job remake
WARNING: "when" spoilers below
John Bridger died

ha! But wrong kind of sad.

Probably Dancer in the Dark...

I agree. I like that movie a lot. At first I enjoyed it, but couldn't get beyond the forced melodrama of it, but I've come to accept it. I believe the melodrama was the point of the story. I still think Breaking the Waves is a much more traumatic story, but it's a different type of sadness I guess. Dancer in the Dark deals more with sacrifice because the Bjork character does have the chance to save herself, but doesn't for the sake of her child. The whole blindness thing is remenescent of City Lights. Of course there is no miracle cure for blindness.

I also love Dogville and Manderlay but those are different types of movies. The Idiots is OK, but I need to watch it again.

Breaking the Waves really gets me though.

I'd lend it to you, but you don't a PS3 OR Blu-ray player.

Go with the PS3, I hear they are the best blu-ray player on the market today.

Of course, I'd rather just stream movies with the xbox 360 and Netflix onto my HDTV.

It's hard for me to think of any really "sad" films--Hollywood is too fond of tacking on happy endings to sell more popcorn.

But there are a handful of films that contain scenes that are unintentionally "downers" for those few of us who know what happened off camera. One is in the generally upbeat How the West Was Won, the scene where lawman George Peppard is having a shoot-out with his outlaw nemesis Eli Wallach on a moving train loaded with various equipment that starts sliding around. You probably remember one scene where one of the outlaw gang is hanging from a log or board on the loose end that has swung out from the train just as it is crossing a bridge. The outlaw loses his grip and falls into the gully below. It's a quick shot and a brief element in an entertaining film. However, the stuntman playing the outlaw missed his mark and therefore overshot (or maybe undershot) the prepared landing point. As a result, he injured one leg so badly that it had to be amputated. (If I recall correctly, the guy was the husband of Yvonne De Carlo.) Anyway, every time I see that scene, I remember that I'm seeing a person doing his last stunt and the last time he could walk with his own two feet.

I know of at least two fatal plane crashes during filming that we never see. One is in the original Flight of the Phoenix in which a group of men stranded in a North African desert managed to reconfigure their wrecked plane fly to safety. There's a scene in the closing minutes of the film where the hand-made aircraft, supposedly piloted by Jimmy Stewart, comes in low over a populated oasis and then zooms out of sight behind a sand dune. Supposedly the aircraft has landed because in the last scene all of the survivors come staggering into the oasis laughing and slapping each other's backs. The aircraft is never seen again because when the camera caught that last shot of it going behind the sand dune, it was just seconds away from a crash that killed the stunt pilot.

There's a similar scene in It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World in which a twin-engine aircraft--supposedly with Mickey Rooney and Buddy Hackett at the controls after drunken pilot Jim Baccus has passed out--crashes through a big billboard on a hill. You see the aircraft hit the center of the billboard and go right through it taking out the sign that was posted there. What you don't see is that plane going down just out of camera frame, killing another pilot.

Then of course there are Vic Morrow and the two children killed in the filming of the not-very-good film The Twilight Zone, all because the director wanted bigger explosions for his special effects.

Irreversible, strange choice, the end (or beginning) is really happy, but then you remember the beginning (or end) and it all crashes and tore my heart :'(

(Dolls any good Tac? Looked a bit arty for me)
They didn't even kill the right guy at the end.

The City of Angels

It's like one of my favoritest movies ever, but the end is soo sad!

Can't believe i just watched it for the first time a week ago but Requiem For a Dream was pretty sad. Great movie though.