NHL 2012-2013 Season

Tools    

All discussions will be held here. Parise and Suter to the Wild, Jagr to the Stars...

Congratulations to the Kings for their Stanley Cup win, as belated as it may seem. This will be another interesting year.

Go Pens.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Well The Kings have everybody signed. So I'm interested to see how much teams will give for back up goalie Jonathan Bernier. Seems like a really weak free agent class, especially for goalies.

Hey Pens fans, what did you think of the Jordan Stall trade?

I also believe The Minnesota Wild will not make the playoffs.

I'm interested in hearing what hockey fans think about the upcoming season.

Personally I'm glad The Kings won last year. I think it takes something away if you win during a lock-out or strike shortened season.

Someone from The Sabres? You've probably never heard of Clint Malarchuk. Watch that if you dare.

I've never watched a full Ice Hockey game. The other night I was speaking to one of the bar waitress at my Pub and her husband use to play in Europe. She and her husband are from Slovakia. She's 35 and her husband is about 40, though looks about 25. I said to her "Do watch Rubgy League?" She laughed and said "They are crazy Rubgy League players" I was thinking, European Ice Hockey players are full on crazy.

Well done Boston...

...can't imagine what you have been going through.

I'm a Penguins fan. I usually go to at least 3 games a year. I've only gone to one this year due to the lockout. I can't believe the trades Ray Shero has pulled off. If it's not Penguins vs. Blackhawks at this years Stanley Cup I'd be surprised.

Lots of Pens fans here it seems. Hockey is the only sport I really like to watch or even follow. King Shero's trades have indeed been unbelievable, all the new additions have been great but surprisingly I think Jokinen has been the best of the bunch. Super excited for the playoffs. Don't want to jinx it but this team has been dominant even without Sid, Malkin, Neal, Letang and Martin - I can't wait to see what they'll do with those guys in the lineup.

I'm hoping for a Pens-Hawks final too, with the Pens winning in 7, I reckon.

Hey Pens fans, what did you think of the Jordan Stall trade?
In hindsight I think we got the better end of the deal. Sutter has been awesome for us. Great 3rd line center and comfortable playing there too.

Pens just won 8-3. Guess they went for two. Geez.

Still playing without Crosby, too. They're gonna be absolutely terrifying at full strength in the playoffs.

If you project the points for Pittsburgh out over a normal 82-game season, they'd be the third best team in the last 12 years (which is as far as I looked), behind the '05-'06 Red Wings...and the Chicago Blackhawks this year, if you extrapolate their points, too.

So now the playoff brackets are confirmed... predictions? Here's mine:

EAST
1. Pittsburgh vs. 8. NY Islanders
Pens in 5

2. Montreal vs. 7. Ottawa
Habs in 7

3. Washington vs. 6. NY Rangers
Caps in 6

4. Boston vs. 5. Toronto
Bruins in 7

WEST
1. Chicago vs. 8. Minnesota
Hawks in 5

2. Anaheim vs. 7. Detroit
Wings in 7

3. Vancouver vs. 6. San Jose
Canucks in 7

4. St. Louis vs. 5. Los Angeles
LA in 6

ROUND 2
Pittsburgh vs. Boston
Pens in 6

Montreal vs. Washington
Caps in 6

Chicago vs. Detroit
Hawks in 6

Vancouver vs. Los Angeles
Vancouver in 7

CONF. FINALS
Pittsburgh vs. Washington
Pens in 7

Chicago vs. Vancouver
Hawks in 7

FINAL
Pittsburgh vs. Chicago
Will go down to the wire, but I have to go with my team, Pens in 7.

Canucks swept. What do they do now?

Still, it says a lot that we think it's a "debacle" that the series is 2-2 and we have the only decisive win. I still think we'll be fine, and I suspect the Islanders just match up particularly well with us (the speed). But we'll see.