The MoFo LOTR (Extended Cut) Weekend!!

Tools    

This is scary, I'll be at uni during this I'll certainly try to make it, I've only seen the first one which was pretty okay, never got round to watching the other two
How long until you graduate? Maybe this LOTR weekend can be bumped back until 2020? Seriously I don't know why this isn't going to start until Sept.

I have no idea what I'll be doing on that weekend, but if I'm available I'll be here. My love for Middle-earth knows no bounds.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
How long until you graduate? Maybe this LOTR weekend can be bumped back until 2020? Seriously I don't know why this isn't going to start until Sept.
2019, possibly 2020 if I go abroad for a year

Well, it was Sean's idea, I just wrote up the schedule. He wanted it in Autumn, and wasn't sure when exactly, so I threw out the last weekend of September and he said that sounded good.
Just a case of starting the thread a bit early but we were checking with Yods if we could use the chat etc, and got the thread sorted when we got word that we could do it.

Yeah, thanks for starting it Rodent, sorry if i sounded cheeky or whatever there.

I still don't know why this is going to be done in October though? Should be done next month IMO, i'd help with whatever if you needed it.

Might be better to ask Sean tbh, this is his Weekend I just did the header pics which is why he asked me to sort the thread out. It's really up to him though what happens with it.

I think i'm just being selfish since i'll have next to no free time from the end of July until about this tme next year.

Just hate that i missed the Star Wars one and i really don't want to miss the LOTR one since it means a lot more to me since it was my Star Wars as a kid. Being 8 when i went to see Fellowship and 10 during Return of the King, jeez i don't think i praise those films enough.

We were just throwing a weekend out to get started. Seems like stuff like this needs a bit of steam to get rolling. Get enough interest in another weekend and I'm game.

Also, I will be ditching my pool team on the Sunday so I can watch ROTK with you guys. I should be playing, but I've warned them in advance that weekend I won't be around.

I'm off this weekend so I should be good to go. My only issue is this starts a couple hours before I get off Friday. I'm fine with that but will be a bit late to the party. Who is planning on joining?

18 Days to go... almost to the minute in fact...

Sadly, I still can't make arty crap and gifs, videos and all that... but I found these...

Quick redo of the schedule... don't forget, we're using those super extended cuts that are spaced over 2 discs for this one...

Friday 30th September
The Fellowship Of The Ring

First Half, Disc 1: 7pm British Time to approximately 8:40pm
(Scene: End of the Council Of Elrond, and Pippin says “Where are we going?”)

*30 minute pee break.*

Second Half, Disc 2: 9:10pm British Time to approximately 10:50pm

----

Saturday 1st October
The Two Towers

First Half, Disc 1: 7pm British Time to approximately 8:45pm
(Scene: Frodo and Sam captured by Faramir, and Faramir says “Bind their hands”)

*30 minute pee break.*

Second Half, Disc 2: 9:15pm British Time to approximately 11:05pm

----

Sunday 2nd October
The Return Of The King

First Half, Disc 1: 7pm British Time to approximately 9:03pm
(Scene: Wolf’s Head Battering Ram arrives at Gondor, with Orc army chanting “Grond! Grond! Grond!”)

*30 minute pee break.*

Second Half, Disc 2: 9:30pm British Time to approximately 11:35pm

----

The times, like with The Star Wars Weekend, are give-or-take a minute or two, to allow for any discrepancies, but there will be a lead up to the start of the movies, say an hour or 2, maybe even all day with a big countdown, so nobody should get left out.

The 30 minute break is also to allow time to get discs ready, and get snacks and have a peepee (and wash your hands afterwards)

You’ll need to check your times with “British Time”, as MoFos are spread all over Middle Earth quite well.
7pm British is the start, so check your own local times with that.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
OH HELL YES!!!! I'm so into this idea. I've had marathon watches with these movies before, but never like this. This sounds like so much fun. Can't wait *Jumping with excitement*

btw, why doesn't an excited smiley exist?