Explain Your Avatar

Tools    

Thought it'd be a good idea for there to be a topic where we could explain the avatar we're currently using. What's your's?

Mine is a Reaper vampire from Blade II. Love the monstrous design it has which is just plain cool. You can view a larger version here but fair warning it's gruesome.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Cheyenne, from Once Upon a Time In The West. Probably one of the coolest characters to ever grace a movie screen.

"You know, Jill, you remind me of my mother. She was the biggest whore in Alameda and the finest woman that ever lived. Whoever my father was - for an hour or for a month - he must have been a happy man."

As a landlocked surfer, The Endless Summer II is one of my all time fav movies. And I enjoy military history so I shopped this logo long ago and thought it looked pretty cool.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Cheyenne, from Once Upon a Time In The West. Probably one of the coolest characters to ever grace a movie screen.
He's got a personal music theme:

Lovely. It's almost like "I am the big boss and I don't give a flying damn about anything!".

I believe I don't have to explain my avatar...

Mine is of Timothy Dalton starring as Rhett Butler in Scarlet, the sequel to Gone with the Wind. I'm aware of the franchise because my mother has always loved it. She even has a very accurate-looking "Mammy" doll that has cloth "clothes," including the famous red petticoat, featured in the movie. She loves it. I find it hard to watch GWTW in its entirety and fast-forward through a lot of it. It's not aged well, nor has its sequel(which, itself, is also old). I prefer the Civil War backdrop, in the original: the danger, the excitement of it, as opposed to the aftermath in the years that followed. So, Scarlet is pretty tame, by comparison - it even devotes a quarter of its running time to a trial (!!!). But, for some reason, I prefer Timothy Dalton's portrayal of Rhett Butler. So, there it is, in a nutshell. And here he is ... to view ... to admire. He's tipping his hat at you, in fact - as I surely would, if I could see you, right now.

The iconic Superman Shield, but I always wanted one with another letter other than an S.
So I made a ton of them in different styles and have seemingly found one I like more than the rest so have stuck with this one for a while now.

I think mine's pretty obvious but I do occasionally get asked what it's from.

It's Joaquin Phoenix as the Emperor Commodus from the movie Gladiator. I've had many other avatars - mostly of Joaquin Phoenix - but I've kept this one for quite a long time because I think it suits me really well.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Nanananananan, Batman!

Welcome to the human race...
Snake Plissken from Escape From New York because my username roughly translates to "snake" and I figure I might as well lean into it, plus it's one of my favourite movies.

My current avatar is a screencap from The Company of Wolves. It shows Micha Bergese as the Huntsman trying to convince Rosaleen that werewolves are "old wives' tales". The cap is at a very specific moment where the Huntsman says that his compass "brought [him] safe through the wood". What I like is that Bergese widens his eyes after he says it – something of a predatory act that tells us that the character is lying and that he's eager to see if his lies have worked. I love that whole section of the film, and really it's one of my favourite scenes while not being in one of my favourite films.

Bill Murray as Carl Spackler from my favourite movie.Caddyshack.
Basically just waggling a hose between his legs as if he had a massive johnson...................oops,is it allowed to say johnson?