The MoFo Support Group

Tools    

It was all so bizarre. My ex felt like he didn't "belong" and wasn't "loved and accepted" by everyone at Movie Forums -- after like 15 or so posts. Some people here voiced their opinion that I should have left him then, especially The Silver Bullet, and I didn't listen -- I was in love.

I don't regret being with him for 4.5 years... and I don't even regret staying away from Movie Forums for him... for one year, that is... but it's so sad now that it is over and I could been doing something else, with someone else, or just by myself.

Slay got really, really heated about my ex trying to keep me away from Movie Forums, but no, he wouldn't have come down to get him. Slay lived on the west coast and we were in Ohio.

To further answer your question... I figured a life long relationship with someone would mean more than an internet forum.

Look at what's lasted longer.
Can I admit now that I was worried he was going to hurt you... and I don't mean mentally.

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
It was all so bizarre.
actually, it's not really. i've done crazy things for love before too--i think a lot of people have, even though a lot probably wouldn't want to admit it. especially when you're young.

even though i don't know the whole story, it definitely sounds like it was a really unhealthy relationship and i hope you move up from here. it took me a couple years to flush my ex out of my system, and i'm still not completely there yet. i know i will be, though, eventually.

To further answer your question... I figured a life long relationship with someone would mean more than an internet forum.

I don't know anything about relationships, I've never been in one, and this is probably why. I don't understand how anyone could compromise even the slightest bit of themselves to accommodate someone else...

Sorry but the guy sounds like kind of a douche bag...and yes, I'm making that assumption based on one incident. I'm an insanely good judge of character and my superpowers extend to the virtual realm. I'm guessing that incident wasn't a singular occurrence...

Put me in your pocket...
It was all so bizarre. My ex felt like he didn't "belong" and wasn't "loved and accepted" by everyone at Movie Forums -- after like 15 or so posts. Some people here voiced their opinion that I should have left him then, especially The Silver Bullet, and I didn't listen -- I was in love.

I don't regret being with him for 4.5 years... and I don't even regret staying away from Movie Forums for him... for one year, that is... but it's so sad now that it is over and I could been doing something else, with someone else, or just by myself.

Slay got really, really heated about my ex trying to keep me away from Movie Forums, but no, he wouldn't have come down to get him. Slay lived on the west coast and we were in Ohio.

It could be that Slay saw a red flag in his controlling behavior with you. Maybe he saw other red flags in your conversations with him as well? Just a guess. Anyhoo...as Caity pointed out..there were a number of people here concerned about you.

Now...no rebounds...at least for awhile. Ok?

You ready? You look ready.
I was in a relationship with my ex for almost a year. The first serious relationship I had ever had. I, brilliantly, transferred schools to where she was going. Of course, we broke up. Yea, I'm a genius, alright.

This is all recent, mind you, like in the last 2 months.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I wasn't on Movie Forums at the time you mention, but when I was your age, I was going through what I considered a "relationship", and not only that, but the "relationship of my life". Now, even though I realized pretty early on that it was more of a one-way relationship, at least concerning love and sex, "My Love" went out of her way to try to control my time and always have me be there for her, even if the reality was that I would get nothing in return but "her presence". At the time, I was taking care of my sick parents, exercising most of the day, and the fleeting idea that I might get a chance to actually be close to someone I'd opened myself up to so much was really an attraction. It didn't really matter to me that her older sister warned me that "there's nothing inside, so why would you expect to get anything out?" She wasn't trying to tear down her sis, she was just trying to warn me that her sis (in her 20s) was more like a little kid than a young adult, and that if I didn't want to "crush myself", I should just not think of her as anything other than a platonic friend. C'mon now! When you're a certain age, and you don't have the greatest number of experiences with someone you care about, can you just all of a sudden act like a wise old man (think: John McCain) and say, sure, she's my life, but screw that, I won't try any harder than I have already. Most people probably will, I hope, agree with me that there's a possibility that "love will out". What I have learned since this occurred, almost 30 years ago, is that love is a two-way street. I strongly suggest that anyone who believes in love go out of their way, more than once, to try to get your Heart's Desire to reciprocate with you. But, based on my experience, if you feel ill and hopeless trying to do it, I recommend you completely ignore that person. Not to try to play some kind of sick mind game with them; rather to try to heal yourself and try to make it easier for both of you to find a healthy relationship elsewhere.

I actually agree with you in general, mark, but Shut Up, already!

A PHD in Whiskey and Stonerology
Well my money-sink hole of a gaming/tweaking/OCing PC just crapped out on me, running through all sorts of hardware checks now and signs are pointing to a motherboard issue (BAD), or a heatsink issue (GOOD, would just require reapplying the thermal paste on the CPU and then replacing the heatsink).

And my back itches from the hot showers of winter. And my stomach is in knots over the election.

Gah.

I am half agony, half hope.
Let's see, Mother-in-law has small cell carcinoma and is getting weaker. Son is still smoking pot, and has now thrown alcohol into the mix. My best friend just threw 18 years of sobriety out the window to have a relapse. I can't help or fix any of them, and that bothers me. I like to fix things.

Johann von Goethe

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Does your mom-in-law have that as a genetic problem with carcinoma? Your son is still living with you and Slug? Have you discussed the escalation issues or is it too far gone already? What is your son currently doing to try to support himself, if anything? Your friend who fell off the wagon? What caused it? Was it something which just all of a sudden happened or was it building up for years? Do any of these things have to do with election year politics?

I'm an insanely good judge of character and my superpowers extend to the virtual realm.
I don't know, man. You once said that you thought I was sweet.

On a serious note, I hope everything works out for all of you, and I truly hope that our next year is filled with improvements. Be it family, friends, health, finance, relationships . . .

Here's to 2009!!!

My life isn't written very well.
Oh boy, am I back!

This last year has been alot of what I'd call...uneasy. First, I realized not only was I not very happy in my 13 year relationship, but I was using that delicious problem eraser alchohol to cope. it was no ones fault but my own that I was unhappy, and I don't blame anyone except my great grandmother---for this abuse (it runs in the family) of vodka, but I bottomed out and entered Alchoholics Annonymous where I reclaimed my faith (actually Higher Power) and decided the world was not here to control, and life isn't as hard as I was making it.

I am now 9 months sober and alot has happened in that short (long)period of time. I AM SO glad that you guys are still here. Thanks, that's all I got for now.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Lets put a smile on that block

I remember all of that. And i remember thinking 'This is all very silly'. To be honest SC, sounds like you can finally have some fun again from what you have said on here.

My problems are pathetic in comparisson to the ones you guys hide under your usernames. I'm quite humbled for you guys to share them on here. Good idea for a thread SC.

Tell me about it Sexy: If I hear Pink's "Who knew" one more time and relate it to my break up, I'm gonna scream!

Tell me about it Sexy: If I hear Pink's "Who knew" one more time and relate it to my break up, I'm gonna scream!
I think that song hits home with a lot of us... the guy I dated for several years took off after Katrina because he couldn't handle my job... and my Mom hasn't let me forget it...

For real. Get me out of this year already!
Over eleven hours! On the phone for a good eleven hours, plus. Tomorrow needs to hurry up, so that I can know if it will end in the same way that it did for the others. If so, that is very good. If not, I will need to do bad things to certain people. Just saying.

Eleven ****ing hours!

I'm going to go take a Valium!

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
I think that song hits home with a lot of us... the guy I dated for several years took off after Katrina because he couldn't handle my job... and my Mom hasn't let me forget it...
I am guessing your mom isn't happy about what you do and wants you to give it up?

I don't know if I could handle being with someone who does a dangerous job... but I think it would hurt less to lose someone tragically than to lose someone by choice.

I am guessing your mom isn't happy about what you do and wants you to give it up?

I don't know if I could handle being with someone who does a dangerous job... but I think it would hurt less to lose someone tragically than to lose someone by choice.

Yeah, my Mom seemed to be okay with my job for a long time but for the last few years she's been after me to quit, get married and have her a couple of grand kids... every time I get around her she makes these ticking noises...

It's funny, sometimes parents forget that we have feelings the same as they do and vice versa.