Things that annoy you...

Tools    

But Jake Gyllenhaal avatars are like love..
and sometimes... Jake is all you need.
Or Maggie if you're of that persuasion.

People who make a virtue out of telling it like it is, when what they're really doing is being rude/a ********.
I have this conversation at least once a week at work. We have a couple of women who love to say that they are just truth tellers. I always tell them they are confusing truth with rudeness. It's in fun because we all know each other so well, but it is a very frustrating thing.

Chappie doesn't like the real world

People who make a virtue out of telling it like it is, when what they're really doing is being rude/a ********.
I swear I was just going to post about the same thing. That and people who think they didn't lie due to some technicality. Like because they never said something was true but let you think that something was true is any less of a lie.

I had this whole conversation about honesty today and how people have skewered what that means.

Along the same lines is when people classify an evil or criminal act as a "mistake."
Celebrities, politicians and professional athletes are famous for this. Every evil act that they knowingly & intentionally committed is called a "mistake" (like they took the wrong exit on the highway because they weren't sure what the sign said).

Talking too exuberantly with hand gestures and accidentally hitting you girlfriend in the face because you didn't realize she was walking up beside you is a "mistake." Hauling off and giving her a right hook because you're drunk & annoyed is assault.

Your dog bolting because you accidentally missed putting the pin in the hole on his collar is a "mistake." Training dogs to tear each other to shreds for gambling is intentional cruelty to animals.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Selfish neighbors who leave their dog out at 5:50am so he can bark nonstop. If it's not a hassle, I'll have to call the police as animal control doesn't exist here anymore. I've had it.. It's been a year, I don't care what they do to the dog. I'm tired of losing sleep because of these animals.

90% of blinds.. Can't they make them right? One side always won't go up, or the other won't go down, and a million different problems. I think using tin foil and scotch tape is a better idea.

1. Drivers in Connecticut, where I live, who make a legal right-hand turn on a red light, but don't look to see if a pedestrian (me) is crossing the street. This happens to me at least once a day.

2. People on the street (mostly drug addicts & drug dealers) who tell me to have a blessed day. Sorry, but only my priest can bless my day.

3. People who mooch around me at Dunkin' Donuts & on the street. Looking for a free coffee, bus fare, whatever.

4. Barking dogs of any kind. Makes me mental.

5. People with dogs who do not take them for walks. Totally makes me mental.

6. My neighbor who, without fail, when he sees me on the street says Stirchley, is that you?

7. My husband in many ways. He's just now replaced the light bulb on our stairs. Only took him 2 years.

8. People who don't listen to what I'm saying. They hear me, but they are not listening.

9. People who flatter me. Makes me cringe.

10. People with loud voices.

1. Drivers in Connecticut, where I live, who make a legal right-hand turn on a red light, but don't look to see if a pedestrian (me) is crossing the street. This happens to me at least once a day.

2. People on the street (mostly drug addicts & drug dealers) who tell me to have a blessed day. Sorry, but only my priest can bless my day.

3. People who mooch around me at Dunkin' Donuts & on the street. Looking for a free coffee, bus fare, whatever.

4. Barking dogs of any kind. Makes me mental.

5. People with dogs who do not take them for walks. Totally makes me mental.

6. My neighbor who, without fail, when he sees me on the street says Stirchley, is that you?

7. My husband in many ways. He's just now replaced the light bulb on our stairs. Only took him 2 years.

8. People who don't listen to what I'm saying. They hear me, but they are not listening.

9. People who flatter me. Makes me cringe.

10. People with loud voices.
I'm in Michigan, where dogs start barking at 6am.. We don't even have Pet Control - you'd have to call 911, and the police don't even come if you're house was broken into. Dogs are used as cheap security here. They don't even have enough consideration to think of them when it's raining out (like right now)..

And #9 -- it's awful when someone has no idea what you are talking about, but just say "yeah yeah" and then later you discover they didn't understand a thing.

I'm in Michigan, where dogs start barking at 6am.. We don't even have Pet Control - you'd have to call 911, and the police don't even come if you're house was broken into. Dogs are used as cheap security here. They don't even have enough consideration to think of them when it's raining out (like right now)..
Ugh, how annoying. A lot of my Spanish neighbors are very fond of those little dogs that bark, literally, 24/7. The dog parks itself next to an open window & barks frantically at the slightest sound. And it doesn't bother the owner at all.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

And #9 -- it's awful when someone has no idea what you are talking about, but just say "yeah yeah" and then later you discover they didn't understand a thing.
My dog started at about 2am, Matt. He needed to go out to poop. I was straight up unlike some people over the back who bought a puppy recently and leave it locked outside where it distress barks for hours. Normal barking I can handle but this poor thing sounds miserable so I've started throwing tennis balls over the fence.

My dog started at about 2am, Matt. He needed to go out to poop. I was straight up unlike some people over the back who bought a puppy recently and leave it locked outside where it distress barks for hours. Normal barking I can handle but this poor thing sounds miserable so I've started throwing tennis balls over the fence.
They leave a puppy outside? On a tether?

@Dani8 - Have they said anything about the tennis balls?

One of my next door neighbors has two.. Other one has one, and many stray cats. The family across the street leaves their dog without a leash. I did make a complaint to the police about the house on the corner, where it sounds like there are two dogs being tortured.. I can hear the chains jingling from 4 houses down.

I got a big fan, put it on high just to help avoid the sound.

[mention=95651]and many stray cats. The family across the street leaves their dog without a leash. I did make a complaint to the police about the house on the corner, where it sounds like there are two dogs being tortured.. I can hear the chains jingling from 4 houses down.
I've paid for many stray cats on my street to be fixed. Makes me mental to see kittens on the street. Anyone who mistreats an animal is pond scum, IMO.

They leave a puppy outside? On a tether?
I can't see the pup due to a very high fence so don't know if it's tethered. Someone has probably reported them because I haven't heard the poor thing since yesterday morning.

Matt, no word about the tennis balls.

I can't see the pup due to a very high fence so don't know if it's tethered. Someone has probably reported them because I haven't heard the poor thing since yesterday morning.

Matt, no word about the tennis balls.
Ugh, primitives. Dani, don't throw any more balls if it comes back. If it can't see you, you will scare it.

Ugh, primitives. Dani, don't throw any more balls if it comes back. If it can't see you, you will scare it.

Better a friendly lob of a toy by a pet lover than someone else driven insane by 24/7 barking and tossing in bait, which does happen in Aus, Stirchy. All moot now though. The owners were probably reported and the dog was taken away to be destroyed. I blame irresponsible owners, not the dogs.