Top 50 Tearjerkers

Tools    

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle
It wasn't supposed to be funny, just a few recommendations for some family entertainment.
Well it would be entertaining if I was a fly on the wall, but not for the famil itself.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Originally Posted by iluv2viddyfilms
Well it would be entertaining if I was a fly on the wall, but not for the famil itself.
Good point. It's not everyday you're able to watch an entire group of people become mentally scared.

Originally Posted by Aniko
Sophie's Choice (1982)
Raise the Red Lantern (1991)
Terms of Endearment (1983)
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (1987).
All of the above

You talking to me!?!
There has only been one film that has really made me cry and that was The Green Mile

Beware The Probe!
Not being the kinda guy who can admit crying over a movie, I gotta tell you...

In Star Trek II: the Wrath of Khan, when Spock said "You have been, and always will be...my friend." to Kirk and then died saving the ship...

I had something in my eye.

Originally Posted by Sci-Fi-Guy
In Star Trek II: the Wrath of Khan, when Spock said "You have been, and always will be...my friend." to Kirk and then died saving the ship...

I had something in my eye.
Me too

I've said it before, but the end of Blow tears me up more than any other scene in any other movie.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

history *is* moralizing
Dark Darker Darko, i keep crying each time i see the end. tis the music tis the slow motion tis him. but then i felt like crying during Spidey 2, but i guess that's more of a personal thing...

I thought Adaptation was pretty sad towards the end, when they get into the car accident and Donald dies. I was happy that Charlie was finally starting to see things in a new light, and the moment between the two brothers as they hid to save their lives was so real and emotional... After they got in the car, I thought they would get away.

It really surprised me when it didn't happen the way I thought, and I felt so bad for Charlie. I thought Charlie wouldn't know what to do with himself after Donald died, but he adapted pretty well or so it leads us to believe.

"I can't help it..."
Ghost
Toy Story 2 (when the cowgirl toy tells the story of how her owner left her)
Moulin Rouge!
Forrest Gump
37.2 Le Matin (Betty Blue)
Till Human Voices Wake Us
Rain
If These Walls Could Talk
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

Do you remember in Breaking Away [Yates], when Dennis Christopher is racing with the Italians?
And then they're mean to him? And they throw that stick in his spokes? And he falls by the side of the road?
And then he has to... go home to his father? And his father's angry... but he just... he just hugs him...?
And then he gives up on bicycle racing?

Oh boy. That gets me every time. Not that it's a sad movie. But if we're talking about scenes in which I ceaselessly have to fight the urge to blubber like a big old baby, that's definitely one.

If we're speaking about films, maybe Crazed Fruit [Nakahira]?
That one always gets a rise out of me. Like, just this painful sense of nihilism.
It's not sadness specifically. And there's no point really that makes one want to cry. But there's a general pervasive sense of hopelessness and helplessness there.

A system of cells interlinked
Love Breaking Away, and it's one of my favorite "coming of age" films. I also feel that scene as well. However, giving away the end of the film is not so fun, so please wrap spoiler tags around key info like that next time...

have no fear, CPMan is here..
The Alamo - my left eye dropped a tear
Black Hawk Down - my right eye dropped a tear
Ladder 49 - my eyes were overflowing with tears!!

The Green Mile
Cast Away- when Hanks loses Wilson
The last Matrix movie- it sucked, but Trin's death made me feel bad for her.

Originally Posted by Bill
The Green Mile
Cast Away- when Hanks loses Wilson
The last Matrix movie- it sucked, but Trin's death made me feel bad for her.
AHHH. WTF. . I hadn't seen the last one and probaly wasn't going to but still. That ruined it for me...

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
forrest gump
the elephant man
21 grams

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by PrometheusFG
AHHH. WTF. . I hadn't seen the last one and probaly wasn't going to but still. That ruined it for me...
Quick ruin something for him...

I cried when everyone made it to Skull Island in Kong, I was so happy that the action started it brought tears to my eyes.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by 7thson
I cried when everyone made it to Skull Island in Kong, I was so happy that the action started it brought tears to my eyes.
I cried when they were on Skull Island during the parts when it reminded me of Honey I shrunk the Kids. Kong, he was bad ass though!