Stars Who Hated Each Other On-Set

Tools    

Just spotted this interesting article on Yahoo!

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blog/arti...er-on-set.html

Do any of you know of any other on-set feuds?? If so, please share!!!

That was a nice read. I could have sworn that Robert DeNiro and Ray Liotta didn't get on during Goodfellas?

While making JAWS Richard Dreyfuss was terrorized by Robert Shaw when he got to drinking...

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Lily Tomlin and director David O. Russell on the set of I Heart Huckabees were at each others throats. here's some entertaining footage of said drama.

&feature=youtube_gdata_player

EDIT: did i do that right?
i'm on my phone. =/

I Love Trouble

Nick Nolte and Julia Roberts still hate each other, seventeen years after co-starring as would-be romantic reporters in the dud I Love Trouble.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	I Love Trouble.jpg
Views:	9060
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	7331  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Have been doing some research into the spats mentioned in the article. Lucy Liu v Bill Murray is said to have gone like this:

Murray stopped a scene mid-point, pointed to Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diaz and Liu, and said in order, "I get why you're here. And you've got talent. But what in the hell are you doing here? You can't act." Lucy then completely flipped and began showering Murray with punches until crew members separated them.

WOW!!!

And as for Lilly Tomlin & David O Russell...well, i wouldn't believe it if I hadn't watched it with my own eyes!!! Talking of Russell, I'm sure I heard he got into a fight with George Clooney on Three Kings...or am I just imagining it???

Guys & Dolls

Frank Sinatra and Marlon Brando disliked each other during the shooting of Guys & Dolls - mostly stemming from Sinatra resenting that the non-singing Brando got the lead role he coveted - and continued to speak ill of each other for the rest of their lives.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Guys & Dolls.jpg
Views:	11739
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	7332  

Lily Tomlin and director David O. Russell on the set of I Heart Huckabees were at each others throats. here's some entertaining footage of said drama.

i'm on my phone. =/
Lily Tomlin v David O. Russell Round 2

Semper Fooey
It wasn't just Bette Davis feuding with Joan Crawford, she also hated and feuded with Miriam Hopkins and Errol Flynn.

William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy got along on Star Trek and were friends. The rest of the cast hated Shatner.

Tony Curtis for years expressed his contempt for Marilyn Monroe and said kissing her was like kissing Hitler in Some Like it Hot, but in his very late years suddently talked nice and even claimed to have slept with her.

I don't remember the movie, but Edward G. Robinson and George Raft almost came to blows because they were both sleeping with their co-star, Marlene Dietrich. They both got along with her. Robinson also hated Miriam Hopkins who he worked with on another movie.

Joan Crawford hated Norma Thalberg on The Women.

Lucille Ball hated Madeline Kahn on Mame and got her fired over the director's objection.

Lawrence Olvier hated Marilyn Monroe who he co-starred with and directed in The Prince and the Showgirl

Terry Thomas hated the American comics in It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, probably Milton Berle the most as most of his scenes were with him.

Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis were not on speaking terms during the shooting of their last movie together.

i'm on my phone. =/
^^^^^^^^^ WHOA! Russell is a straight up imbecile! I read an interview with George Clooney in Playboy and he described going after Russell, and had to be pulled off or he would have killed him. I can see why.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I don't think they were ever on set together but I gotta mention Olivia de Havilland & Joan Fontaine. Sisters and hated each other since they were little.

I love old Hollywood feuds and scandals.

Have been doing some research into the spats mentioned in the article. Lucy Liu v Bill Murray is said to have gone like this:

Murray stopped a scene mid-point, pointed to Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diaz and Liu, and said in order, "I get why you're here. And you've got talent. But what in the hell are you doing here? You can't act." Lucy then completely flipped and began showering Murray with punches until crew members separated them.

WOW!!!

And as for Lilly Tomlin & David O Russell...well, i wouldn't believe it if I hadn't watched it with my own eyes!!! Talking of Russell, I'm sure I heard he got into a fight with George Clooney on Three Kings...or am I just imagining it???

That's ****ing funny, lmao. Just the thought of Lucy going mental and trying to knock out funny man Murray is making my eyes water

Re O'Russell: Yeah, this geezer has a bit of a rep for not getting along with his cast, doesn't he? Apparently he and George Clooney didn't get along. I also read that he put Christopher Nolan in a headlock..doubt it's true though...

Chappie doesn't like the real world
^^^^^^^^^ WHOA! Russell is a straight up imbecile! I read an interview with George Clooney in Playboy and he described going after Russell, and had to be pulled off or he would have killed him. I can see why.
I liked the very childish tantrum he was throwing while screaming at Tomlin to grow up. Tomlin handled it well I gotta say. I probably would have went more the Clooney route.

there's a frog in my snake oil
A slight spin on this... Brian Blessed claims to have 'tamed' Oliver Reed on the set of Prisoner of Honour, via the threat of extreme bearded violence. He reckons Ollie was sober, very English, and as good as gold after that

Hear his reminiscences and rambles here. Starts at 16 mins, but the specifics are around 17.30 mins.

Semper Fooey
Off-screen feuds include Tom Neal beating up Franchot Tone over Barbara Payton.

Does Claudette Colbert's dislike of Frank Capra fit here? (This is how I've heard the story) Capra directed Colbert in For the Love of Mike. She said it was the worst experience of her life. When he asked her to do It Happened One Night she demanded twice her normal salary and said the picture had to be completed in 4 weeks (Capra originally wanted to shoot in 8) so she wouldn't miss a scheduled vacation. She constantly complained on-set to the point where Clark Gable, who loved his experience on the film, verbally reprimanded her. When the filming was finally over she told people she just finished the worst picture she had ever made.

I recall reading/hearing about some kind of feud between Tommy Lee Jones and Jim Carrey on the set of Batman Forever. Apparently, Jones was a smug prick to Carrey during the shoot and belittled Carrey's acting. Or something like that.

Semper Fooey
Mel Brooks and Zero Mostel didn't get along during The Producers

Does anybody here remember Robert Cummings? He was in a sitcom with Julie Newmar called My Living Doll (he was a scientist who built a sexy robot) and quit before the season was over because he hated her. The show lasted one season. He was replaced by another actor already in the series.